Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15

Author Topic: Kill, Escape, Restart. A zombie RTD. Turn 6  (Read 14899 times)

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kill, Escape, Restart. A zombie RTD. Turn 5
« Reply #180 on: January 02, 2013, 05:12:48 am »

Use my radio to send orders. Kill the hostile survivors and the infected and behead them. Strip them all of anything of value, have the spook question the woman on what they meant and the state of the city.
MIR0 execute Jake.

Continue clearing this floor.

« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 05:57:06 pm by mesor »

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: January 02, 2013, 05:34:00 am »

Smack a zombie in the back or side of the neck with the butt of my shotgun.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: January 02, 2013, 06:14:00 am »

"I probably can't, but it's worth a try."
Aid Clair.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

detective1412

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: January 02, 2013, 01:22:21 pm »

Try to fend off the attacking survivors with bare hands (and without killing them).

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: January 02, 2013, 05:53:07 pm »

Well. I... had a good run? Tried? Died like a hero? Accomplished my goals? Did something worthy? Died for a good cause?

Guess not.

Suppose this is how I'm going out. Surrounded, outnumbered, and killed on the first wave. It's a harsh job, but someone had to do it. May my sacrifice keep tropes from claiming another, probably more useful, warrior from this party. Guarantee you'll need all the gun-toting maniacs you can afford before this is over. Strike the earth, mates.

Jake,
signing off.
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: January 02, 2013, 05:58:37 pm »

(( Sorry man. ))

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: January 02, 2013, 06:06:42 pm »

(( Sorry man. ))
((Thanks, but actually, I enjoyed this. Death and all. It would have felt cheap if we could just reverse the sickness with a good roll. I'm probably going to continue reading this and start my lurking. Best of luck.

Remember to put the sad IC rambling on the collective gravestone we all earn.

I'm calling it now, the Survivors will kill us. Don't ask how, or why. Just think about it, poetic irony and complete nonsensical endings/anythings are the blood of RTDs.))
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: January 02, 2013, 06:07:57 pm »

(( If they kill me I'm gonna come back to life and eat them, I'm pretty sure you could make a new character and rejoin? I think other factions have some spaces left. ))

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: January 02, 2013, 08:14:40 pm »

Sturm will quickly loot the zombie's body, and search for a firearms store!

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: January 03, 2013, 06:46:48 pm »

imp-Jane Andrews actions

Jane tries to keep the conversation going, and involve more of the individuals present (if there's others at this 'meeting'?).  She describes herself as 'undecided' and 'uncommitted as yet' to her own tentative plan and wanting convincing that someone's, anyone's plan is strong and likely to succeed, so she can confidently work towards ensuring long term future survival for everyone involved.

She asks John Chase about the disadvantages of leaving the city (even if that's just lack of advantages, but she's interested in details of what he's thinking and how he's making value judgments), if he knows of any good candidates for green office buildings that might be large enough to support a community of.... how many does he think a good green office building could sustain?  Or what direction should the search begin if there's no already known likely place to look?  She asks about ideas relating to maintaining access to water and possibly electricity to pump that water up to the many floors with plants that will need it, plans for maintaining or producing a supply of ammunition, mechanical repairs, or how to get materials for alternative weapons and needed equipment from that sort of base, would the growing space and species available be to limited for sustained survival?

She asks James Starbright what direction he thinks is best to head in the search for possible good farmland, assuring him that if the group ends up trying to find this, once it's found and secured a church could be built if it's not already there.

She asks anyone else present for their ideas, or if they think one of those two ideas is what each thinks is the best plan.  She also asks everyone present if they know of any likely seriously dangerous areas, in the short or mid term range - since civilization shut down so abruptly, a great many facilities might be very dangerous from not getting needed maintenance, from the obvious nuclear power plants, but also almost every other sort of reactor, breweries, dumps, chemical storage facilities - Since we cannot survive here indefinitely, we perhaps need to follow a more rather than less safe path towards a better place, be that near or far, be that an office building, a farm, or an island - but we should make an attempt to follow a reasonably safer path towards our goal that won't likely carry us into explosions and chemical exposures if we can avoid it.

If anyone seems to be getting annoyed or defensive by her exploring their ideas, she'll stop asking that person stuff at that point, though she'll keep talking to the rest if others seem willing to consider and talk about their plans and concerns.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: January 03, 2013, 09:58:19 pm »

I'll put the turn up in a bit. Waiting for wwolin to post.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: January 03, 2013, 10:06:53 pm »

Andrew Williams will converse with Jane Andrews.

"I believe that above all else, we must put away our dreams and work on making a small society. We need to clean out nearby buildings of the dead and put up barriers to keep our claims safe. Survivors, raiders, military, zombies, they are all the same. Some better armed, some smarter, some plain out stupid. But the point is the same. We must protect ourselves."

Andrew Williams suggests we find some form of barrier, such as planks or scrapmetal and use it to wall the surrounding area off as well as we can.

-EDIT FOR CLARITY-

« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 10:09:32 pm by Corai »
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: January 03, 2013, 10:14:01 pm »

"I vote we head north, to Alaska. There's plenty of resources there for us to use, and the zombies haven't gotten there yet, so we might be able to find enough survivors to make a real civilization."

Ulysses puts his rope in the pile, and presents his Alaska plan.
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: January 03, 2013, 10:23:00 pm »

Jane Andrews listens closely to Andrew Williams, asking questions after he has spoken.  It's a bit hard to tell how much talking we can do in a turn, and my/her intent isn't to badger with questions, but to hear Andrew's entire plan.  There's pauses between these questions, and possibly requests for more details - and if Andrew's doesn't seem to want to answer the questioning will politely stop - but the questions roughly follow this pattern otherwise -

"Is moving from here more dangerous than staying here?"

"How long can we sustain ourselves here?"

"What about food?  There's cans and even bread for now, but what about next year, how about a decade from now?"

"Where will our water come from?  How will we purify it?"

"What will we do for more bullets, or what alternate projectile weapons and ammo can we keep supplied through what we can access within this territory?"

"Our population's going to grow, if we succeed.  Can we provide enough through this area you suggest securing to provide for ourselves and our children to come?"
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: January 03, 2013, 10:27:36 pm »

Jane Andrews listens closely to Andrew Williams, asking questions after he has spoken.  It's a bit hard to tell how much talking we can do in a turn, and my/her intent isn't to badger with questions, but to hear Andrew's entire plan.  There's pauses between these questions, and possibly requests for more details - and if Andrew's doesn't seem to want to answer the questioning will politely stop - but the questions roughly follow this pattern otherwise -

"Is moving from here more dangerous than staying here?"

"How long can we sustain ourselves here?"

"What about food?  There's cans and even bread for now, but what about next year, how about a decade from now?"

"Where will our water come from?  How will we purify it?"

"What will we do for more bullets, or what alternate projectile weapons and ammo can we keep supplied through what we can access within this territory?"

"Our population's going to grow, if we succeed.  Can we provide enough through this area you suggest securing to provide for ourselves and our children to come?"
Do you mind if I have this be your action for next turn? I'm almost done with this one and the Utopians have a large amount of dialogue.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15