Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Fun things to do online with someone.  (Read 11637 times)

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
Re: Fun things to do online with someone.
« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2012, 12:45:23 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 10, 2012, 12:49:22 am »

Hmmmm, looking at the forum guidelines (although not the Life Advice ones, which I've made a point of never reading), I think that you're right.

Terribly sorry, carry on, and all that.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 10, 2012, 10:46:36 am »

We did in fact end up playing minecraft through questionably legal means, yes :P
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 10, 2012, 11:06:17 am »

Salem (successor to Haven and Hearth) is pretty good, if you don't get too attached to your pixels.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

Shadowgandor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 12, 2012, 07:59:05 am »

Lemmingball Z is a free game that can be greatly enjoyed while not being too competitive. How pissed could you get when you're playing such over the top battles :P

Me and a friend of mine always played Company of Heroes. Certain maps were easily defend-able and we spent hours trying to defeat the two enemies on the highest difficulty while talking about all kinds of stuff. It's not free but I've had tons of fun with it.

Though less of a chat-game, Earth Defense Force 2017 or Insect Armageddon. Doesn't really matter which, both are awesome games capable of keeping you and your girl entertained while working together against huge (amounts of) enemies. Still, I recommend either Company of Heroes of LBZ (it's free!) over this.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 12, 2012, 03:44:15 pm »

o hai kaijyuu's ladyfriend.

One option is browsing humor websites together. Have a Skype session or something going, then watch each others' reactions to various bits.

There's also the rather amusing option of both logging into an online "dating" chatroom (or sleazier) without revealing that you're together, and privately snickering at the desperate people msging you. Well, msging her.
YMMV on that one...used to do that with an ex-gf of mine, and it was downright hilarious at times. Although at least some portion of the messages she will receive from random strangers are almost guaranteed to be disturbing.  :-\

If you're less cruel-minded, then photoshop scavenger hunts can be fun. Somebody toss out a random phrase (better yet, find a random phrase generator) and see who can find the better image representation of it. Or if you've got pixel skills, make your own.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 13, 2012, 06:31:05 am »

LOTRO is free, much like WoW. Yeah, they want you to buy quest access, but you dont have too and most quests aren't worth it. As a DF player, Moria alone is worth it.

I heard "hobbyist game designer." It does give good graphics and decent customization.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

TheProphet

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Messiah
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 14, 2012, 08:46:42 am »

The best advice I can give is to check out the list of f2p games on Steam and Wikipedia.
http://store.steampowered.com/genre/Free%20to%20Play/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_free_massively_multiplayer_online_games

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 14, 2012, 12:04:57 pm »

We've actually been checking out the F2P games and have been largely disappointed.

Yesterday we tried Realm of the Mad God and Puzzle Pirates. Both were rather bleh (Puzzle Pirates moreso, but that could largely be because it's harder to play together and the fact neither of us really liked the various puzzle games in it in the first place)

May look those over again later, but right now we're looking into ancient multiplayer games to play for kicks. I showed her Worms Armageddon, one of my favorites from forever ago~
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 14, 2012, 01:44:46 pm »

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 14, 2012, 02:32:29 pm »

We're not in a position to spend much money, so free to play is fine.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 14, 2012, 02:49:27 pm »

We're not in a position to spend much money, so free to play is fine.

I meant FTP protocol ;)

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 14, 2012, 02:50:55 pm »

Ah, I see :P

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 16, 2012, 09:51:02 pm »

More suggestions!

We've got 16 days of separation left, and probably will be doing something most those days~ So, ideas! Can be ancient games with internet multiplayer, can be f2p games you personally have liked, can be wacky ideas, can be whatever~

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 16, 2012, 09:57:52 pm »

Have you guys tried Mabinogi?
It's free to play, with almost no pay-to-win from what I can tell, and theres a B12 guild.
I've been playing the crap out of it lately, and it can be a ton of fun.
It can start to feel kinda lonely though, but you have someone to talk to.
Anyway, the B12 thread for it can you more than I can, probably.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5