Kalemyr Skyfire

• Bay Watcher
  • The Ace of Trades
    • View Profile
Re: Demonslaughter - Bloodline game, Again
« Reply #165 on: January 30, 2013, 05:30:01 pm »

I just died.
-.- Stop making me feel worse.

Actually now that science fair is done and I no longer have that math teacher that gives us 16 page packets for homework, I don't think I'll be buried under work again. But the saves thing still stands, and I really don't want to re-do everything. Can I take my turn after Anti-Urist?
Quote from: Confucius
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.

Quote from: Isaac Asimov
People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: February 01, 2013, 08:35:06 pm »

-.- Stop making me feel worse.
Sorry.
Actually now that science fair is done and I no longer have that math teacher that gives us 16 page packets for homework, I don't think I'll be buried under work again. But the saves thing still stands, and I really don't want to re-do everything. Can I take my turn after Anti-Urist?
Sure. By the way, were there any baking soda volcanoes at the science fair you mentioned? If there wasn't, that's a first for me.

anthony62490

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: February 16, 2013, 04:15:15 pm »

*peeks in*
Hello? Demonslaughter?

Kalemyr Skyfire

• Bay Watcher
  • The Ace of Trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: February 16, 2013, 08:06:30 pm »

*peeks in*
Hello? Demonslaughter?

CURSE YOU!! I really wished you did not do that.

Great, now I feel obligated to do this.
------------------------------------------------------------
A dwarf's home is in the depths of the Earth. The depths however does not provide everything a dwarf needs. Things like wood, plants, and livestock. With this in mind, Feylers had the gates lowered. Dwarves streamed out of the fortress, attending to their work. Some gathered corpses for burial, some began cutting trees, others began gathering materials. The fallen caravan's supplies were gathered, along with plants and fish.

Sieges didn't happen every month, but whenever they happened they were fatal. From the battlements, Feylers wondered on what could be made to deal with unwanted visitors. The current defenses were not very viable. Sending dwarves out to meet the visitors was downright stupid. The traps were too little in numbers to be of use.

Traps! Then it struck her. They had been manufacturing lots of mechanisms but had been neglecting to use them. Trading them away was no longer feasible. Instead they would rig traps to deal with the unwanted. But, the main gate left little room for placement. Without a second thought, she stood up. Feylers ran to find whichever miners and masons she could.

The look of surprise on their faces were understandable, her orders were a bit strange. The masons were to destroy the gate, and replace it with walls. The miners on the other hand were given schematics, and told to dig out each piece of land marked.

The river was finally going to be of use to the dwarves...
------------------------------------------------------------

I'm going to redo my turn. Honestly I would have done nothing if someone didn't necro this thread.

Oh yeah, I won't be doing the migrant camp, since I no longer have the urge to micro-manage everything.

Well, now to start working...
« Last Edit: February 16, 2013, 08:29:01 pm by Kalemyr Skyfire »
Quote from: Confucius
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.

Quote from: Isaac Asimov
People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: February 17, 2013, 07:42:28 pm »

That really didn't feel like 16 days. I can't believe I forgot. Again.
I'm going to redo my turn. Honestly I would have done nothing if someone didn't necro this thread.
He didn't really necro it, he just kinda... defribrilated it.

anthony62490

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: February 18, 2013, 01:59:00 am »

Luckily, I've got my AED handy.
Live, dammit! LIVE!

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #171 on: February 18, 2013, 11:39:30 pm »

The succession game shudders and begins to move!
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: March 08, 2013, 07:08:31 pm »

Alright...
Is it time to let DemonSlaugher die?

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #173 on: March 08, 2013, 07:37:13 pm »

Alright...
Is it time to let DemonSlaugher die?
::gently pats Tomato's shoulder::
I guess so. Listen, you can still hear the demons laughing on the wind.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: March 08, 2013, 09:07:37 pm »

If it's any consolation, I had a great deal of fun with my tenancy. I will forever remember the shenanigans I had leaving babies out as bait and the disastrous attempt to flood out the goblins.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: March 12, 2013, 10:34:12 am »

EDIT: Nevermind. The fort isn't dead.
EDITEDIT: Nevermind. Yes it is.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 06:45:01 pm by IronTomato »

WarderSkyfire

• Bay Watcher
  • That Incompetent Troublemaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: April 20, 2013, 07:08:17 pm »

Aye this fort is totally dead.
Now since that's settled let's move on shall we?
THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU DON'T LOCK THE THREAD!!
It was too much. Lorbam couldn't handle it; the siege, the deaths, the rain, and the fact he was burying his friends. He had enough of it, he couldn't stand it and he won't suffer in silence.....

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Noticing that the Lye Maker had suddenly just stop and tensed, the ranger walked up behind him.

"Hey," he called out as he placed his hand on the Lye maker's shoulder, "are you alright?"

He was surprised when Lorbam struck out at him, his training quickly kicked in and he dodged to the left. Lorbam's eyes were full of anger. With a yell he charged at the ranger.... only to get punched by him and knocked on his back.

The ranger sighed, Not another one. By the time Lorbam was back on his feet, the ranger was ready for him. There was no chance of Lorbam calming down, nor did the ranger plan on giving him one. With the intent to kill, he launched into a flurry of blows. Each of them found their mark. A punch here, a kick there, within seconds the Lye Maker was breathing his last breath.

The ranger sighed, now all he had to do was explain why he killed a fellow dwarf. This is going to be a long week...
Work. Work. Work. That's all the miners been doing as of late. Below the surface, the miners were digging out sand. They were digging out the new entrance to the fortress, and the tunnels connecting it. They were among the few not hauling, the masons being the others. As time past, their progress grew, and before long....

Now it was the mechanics and masons turn to take over. Bridges were constructed to secure the area, all whilst the land was being deforested above them. Trees were an elf's favorite, but never a dwarf's. They were in the way of progress, progress of defense and machines.

<>                    <>                    <>
The miner licked his lips, the drink was satisfying. As he leaned back in his chair, he noticed a young dwarf standing close to him.

"Gather the miners, new orders are to be done." the youth said enthusiastically.

He wasn't surprised, there was never any rest for the weary...
The traders will never understand the queen's orders, trading with these dwarfs. Upon reaching the site the first thing they saw was the cutting of trees. But there was little they could do, with a heavy heart they followed the path the dwarfs laid out. The cruelty of the dwarfs were high for the the depot that awaited them... was made of wood.

"An ambush!" The shout came from one of the soldiers outside.

Upon hearing the call, the three squads rushed to arms. At the new entrance, the dwarfs awaited their enemy. A snatcher that went down the ramp came face to face with the dwarfs. Before the snatcher could get far up the ramp, he was hacked to pieces. At that moment the ambush party made it to the hill. With yells and arms they joined in battle.

Just as the dwarfs gained the advantage, another cry of ambush was heard. The goblins had flanked them! The macedwarf who spotted them realized his comrades were too busy with the first party. He charged at the spearsgoblin leading, and struck him. Before the rest of the goblins could reach him, he took off sprinting. Quick to recover, the spearsgoblin stabbed him in his leg as he ran. The macedwarf made it only 10 meters or so when the goblins caught up with him. As valiant as he was, he had little chance.....

By the time the goblins turned around to face the entrance, they saw that their allies had fallen. The dwarfs were seething with rage. They fired their crossbows then charged the goblins. The ambush was overwhelmed through numbers and strength.

Alas the dwarfs did not escape unharmed, many were wounded and had to be taken to the hospital. But the battle was won.
Spring had past, and summer had arrived. Along with it came snatchers whom were greeted properly. With bolts and blades.

As a side note, if you want this fort to die then let it die once I'm finished with my turn.
In case you're wondering, I'm building something to drown the unwanted visitors with using water.
Ninja edit!
« Last Edit: April 20, 2013, 08:28:48 pm by WarderSkyfire »
Think fast, act faster.

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: April 21, 2013, 08:28:55 am »

Throw down a download link! I'm always up for a good necro'd thread.

anthony62490

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: April 21, 2013, 05:59:05 pm »

*pokes head in*
Could it be? Could we finally hear the demon's laughter once again?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: April 21, 2013, 06:00:24 pm »

And here was me thinking demons had slaughtered the thread...
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13