Author Topic: -  (Read 15151 times)

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
Re: Demonslaughter - Bloodline game, Again
« Reply #180 on: April 21, 2013, 09:32:21 pm »

The succession game shudders and begins to move!
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: April 22, 2013, 07:22:50 am »

(Laughs maniacally) It's aliiiiiiiiiiiiive!

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: April 22, 2013, 10:35:05 am »

Can I demand my corpse be removed from it's tomb, so I may haunt everyone?

WarderSkyfire

• Bay Watcher
  • That Incompetent Troublemaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: April 22, 2013, 04:17:16 pm »

Nameplays? Check. Necro'd quote? Check. OP's joy? Check (Hopefully)

Now all we're missing is an update. Which I hopefully should have by tomorrow at the latest. Hopefully I can have it by the end of today.
Bear with me I just got a new computer so I have to go through the trouble of re-installing, and transferring files.

And javier? I'll do it if everyone else agrees to it. The only problem I see is that there's a 4/11 chance of javier causing physical harm.
P.S Jax for the win :P
Think fast, act faster.

WarderSkyfire

• Bay Watcher
  • That Incompetent Troublemaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: June 07, 2013, 01:59:21 pm »

Allright nothing left to procrastinate about, let's get moving.
Success! That's what most of the Dwarfs were thinking when they realized the bridges held and they weren't drowning from the water. Above their ramparts they could see the water being drained from the tunnels below. Though due to the one pump the drainage was going to take some time. In the meantime they decided to get to work on an alternate entrance to be used while the main one was flooded/being drained.

In honor of the machine's success, the Mayor Ast decided to host a party which sadly most of the miners went to... As summer drawed to a close, the humans have arrived to trade. Luckily by that time most of the water had been drained, and the floor was a little damp. More visitors decided to come along...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

An excellent time to test the drowning trap. The majority of the humans managed to make it inside, a but few guards decided to make a valiant stand to defend the merchants that didn't make it to the depot in time. They didn't last long.

The bridge was lowered and water poured into the tunnels. Those too slow drowned in the oncoming tide, and those quick found the exit blocked and the water coming closer. There were no Survivors.

Miasma greeted the humans as they fled from the Fortress in early autumn. Behind them the dwarves were looting the dead, human and goblin.
I just drowned most of an invasion force. I feel awesome right now.
Think fast, act faster.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: June 07, 2013, 07:32:29 pm »

Good work! After reading that last bit I remembered that I've not yet ever succeeded in defending a fortress from a siege. But it's mostly because I can't ever pick dwarves for the military. I always think things like "Aw, that poor cheese maker? Dwarves love cheese, maybe he isn't so unimportant after all." And then he dies in the siege along with everyone else who charged onto the battlefield to grab socks.

But it looks like I've got a (military?) and a cool drowning trap to help me. Maybe my next turn will be boring.

Kydrasz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: June 08, 2013, 06:03:49 pm »

Before I post the update have a quick story as to why I have a new account. Completely optional of course

Anyway an update the day after, *gasp*.
Sodel walked slowly through the fortress underground, as a jeweler she didn't have much to do. Nowadays she was just hauling things instead of doing any practice in her craft. It seems as if nothing wo- She immediately stopped walking, and glanced around her in a frantic manner. She then ran up the stairs to her workplace. Being the only jeweler it was empty.

She darted around the station gathering little tidbits, leather, wood, jewels. By the time she returned to the workshop a small crowd had gathered. Ignoring their whispering she began working immediately, blocking her work with herself. She worked quickly and soon enough she was finished...

Spoiler: Aranokil (click to show/hide)

Take the side entrance they said, flank the dwarfs they said. The remaining squad of goblins was in a bad situation, one more they were the only ones left. Two they were the only survivors. They hadn't count on how enthusiastic Trolls were about breaking things, one of the trolls had broken a floodgate and now they were trapped. On one side was a blocked wall, and on the other side was a tide of water. It was only a matter of time before they ran out of air...

((Recap time, a werelemur arrived something during human caravan leaving, during that time the military was finishing off trolls so I didn't notice what was going at that time. Unfortunately now that is causing a major problem.))

As the military were training, suddenly three of them transformed into werelemurs causing panic among the workers. Sibrek, Sodel, and Zaneg. Upon their transformation the nearby dwarfs fled to the upper levels of the ramparts. Unfortunately for Sodel he transformed next to Candytomato who quickly ended his... misfortune?

The Werelemur was then assaulted by animals, a dog, a giant eagle, and a buck rabbit. The dog died, then the Werelemur started mauling the eagle. The Buck Rabbit had much more luck than it's friends, it managed to land several hits and ended up biting the Werelemur until it turned it back into a dwarf.

Measures were instantly taken, the 'infected' dwarfs were to be isolated. Despite... Despite much coaxing and attempts to get her out, the child Udib wouldn't leave her mother's side.....

An ambush! They arrived at the depot and was spotted by a dwarven baby. Whom they soon murdered... Unfortunately for them they never got past the killzone for the trap. During this time a hunter went missing. Interestingly enough the Dwarven Caravan never arrived.

The infected transformed once more inside the chamber. Now there's only 2 dwarfs in there. Rest in peace dwarven children.

Made by a child prodigy.

Some migrants arrived at a bad time. The tunnel was still flooded, and there was no way inside for them. Good time for the side entrance to be dug. And rigged with lots of traps.

Four necromancers were caught in cage traps. Aside from that Winter was uneventful.
Allright the water isn't finished draining yet so the main entrance is still flooded. I am probably going to make a guide soon on how to use my drowning trap, experiment for a bit to see if you can get it right without killing everyone. To the next overseer, you might want to do something about the werelemurs and the necromancers. Also we're doing good on supplies.

Here's the save
Spoiler: Z screen (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Control room (click to show/hide)
Fall seven times, stand up eight.
Spoiler: Inspirational words (click to show/hide)

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: December 18, 2013, 01:38:56 pm »

I guess AntiUrist doesn't want to take his turn.

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: December 23, 2013, 09:51:57 am »

You're six months late there.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: December 23, 2013, 03:38:28 pm »

I know. Twas for giggles.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: December 23, 2013, 03:53:12 pm »

I know. Twas for giggles.
The fact that he remembered must have been a Christmas miracle.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]