Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: Humble THQ Bundle  (Read 9133 times)

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
Re: Humble THQ Bundle
« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2012, 06:27:32 am »

A friend has been pushing me to get CoH and the rest look fairly amusing even if they're not all my cup of tea. I wonder if there will be any bonus games.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Lord Snow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2012, 07:58:02 am »

If there are bonuses... i'm pretty certain they'll be dawn of war.
It's a wonder there's no dawn of war in this package as is.

That said, i have never played any of the games in this package. I'm pretty sure i don't WANT to play them, and i'm probably not even able to find the TIME to play them.
But it's THQ. They're behind X-BTF and X-Tension, the dawn of war series, and those terrible terrible Wrestling games i once played some time around the millenium.

So, here's my 10€s to THQ, sorry guys but winter vacations are coming up i already have a hard time affording those. :|

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2012, 08:14:37 am »

Nothing to be ashamed of, it's more money than not and it's a lot more than the $1 minimum.

While I do think Dawn of War seems like the prime candidate for adding on, I actually have to wonder if they'll do it.  Relic is already represented by Company of Heroes plus the two expansion packs, and I think there might actually have been some thought given to spreading the titles out over the different developers they've published for.

But in that case, then Supreme Commander might be making an appearance.  It's been a few years now since its release, and Gas Powered Games doesn't have any other titles in the lineup as it stands now.

...but looking at it now, that doesn't really make a whole heck of a lot of sense since Volition made both RF: Armageddon and Saints Row.

So...  Hell if I know, really.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 30, 2012, 08:32:20 am »

Tempting. Been playing Saints Row 3 on my friend's computer and been having a blast. How you can not enjoy having a pimp who speaks in AutoTune, and a Japanese game show where you shoot people in mascot outfits?

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 30, 2012, 12:35:11 pm »

I guess my biggest question is if any of these games have some sort of always-on DRM. Aside from Steam, that is.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Baneling

• Bay Watcher
  • Acid Balloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 30, 2012, 12:41:47 pm »

I don't know about Metro or the CoH games but I disconnected at least once while playing SR3 and nothing happened, so presumably there's nothing like that.
I tend to be a stupid person. Expect me to say/do stupid things and we'll probably get along better!

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 30, 2012, 12:44:55 pm »

I love thq and got this all at a hefty premium. They're my favourite publisher and one of the last "mainstream" than I am not actively avoiding

You know how bad the others are.. Ea, ubisoft, activision may all rot in hell for all I care.

Now, off to give the keys on that giveaway

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 30, 2012, 03:22:09 pm »

I really, really hope they add Supreme Commander. We definitely need more players in the Forged Alliance Forever client. /plug

Anyway, this is probably the best deal I have ever seen. Instant buy. I hope Humble Bundle goes back to this style of line-up, I'm not particularly interested in mobile games.
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #38 on: November 30, 2012, 06:00:13 pm »

Still annoyed as hell at humble bundle for bundling things a little too much. I'd have had about 10 games to give away if it wasn't for that.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 30, 2012, 07:14:42 pm »

I can't seem to get a single one of the games on this to work.  Metro 2033 just gives me missing .dll errors, darksiders only loads a black screen and CoH won't even download from steam.  I am actually pretty upset about all this :(
Nom nom nom

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #40 on: November 30, 2012, 07:28:26 pm »

Ouch! Sorry to hear that :( What rig are you on? Is it old? Some of these are somewhat recent... I am wondering how they will run, since Red Faction Guerrilla is already pushing my computer quite a bit. Company of Heroes is a pain in the **** to update, since it downloads about 10gigs at a time, but eventually works just fine. Good luck!

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 30, 2012, 08:07:34 pm »

I got darksiders to work by going into the game folder and deleting the ad/intro movies.  Since google turned up that apparently some computers can't run the AMD intro xd.  Metro 2033 looks like a kinda easy fix, apparently the game doesn;t always install all the nessicary files when it installs.  As for the other no time to try and figure it out yet. 

A bit of messing around got darksiders working perfectly and it's a good game so far, so I am happy again haha :D
Nom nom nom

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 30, 2012, 08:22:56 pm »

I can't seem to get a single one of the games on this to work.  Metro 2033 just gives me missing .dll errors, darksiders only loads a black screen and CoH won't even download from steam.  I am actually pretty upset about all this :(
For Metro 2033 I had to go into:
Steam\steamapps\common\Metro 2033\install

Then I ran the:
PhysX_10.02.22_9.10.0222_SystemSoftware.exe

And restarted my computer.

I'm not really enjoying Metro 2033. I don't find the guns very satisfying and I hit my first forced stealth section. The setting is interesting but I get the feeling I'd enjoy the book more.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 30, 2012, 08:31:10 pm »

There is no "forced stealth", at least not what I can remember. There's nothing stopping you from going in guns a-blazing.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 30, 2012, 08:34:56 pm »

Metro 2033 was a lot of fun to watch my brother play.  It looked fun enough, but most of the enjoyment was from the setting.  If I do play it I'll probably cheat.  I forgot about the book, should probably check it out...
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7