Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: Humble THQ Bundle  (Read 9127 times)

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Humble THQ Bundle
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2012, 03:33:45 pm »

Armageddon is about as linear as you can get. Yes, I know the original Red Faction games were much the same and Guerrilla deviated from that. That's what made Guerrilla fun. You got some destructibility and a largely open world where you could do quite a few missions in different ways. You could clear a building by duck and cover and room by room clearing or just take out the supports and watch it all crumble.
Metro is linear. It might as well be on rails.

Saints Row 3 with all DLC went on sale over Black Fridayish for something like $12. I think it was Gamersgate with Steam keys.

Ah, Company of Heroes. Now I vaguely remember that one. The trailer makes it look like a PS2 WWII FPS.

Hrm. I received a payment confirmation from Amazon, but it hasn't been charged to my account, and Humble Bundle isn't even sending me emails to reactivate the account I didn't know I had. Is anyone else not receiving anything?
HumbleBundle has a help line. Use it.

0x517A5D

• Bay Watcher
  • Hex Editor‬‬
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2012, 03:36:26 pm »

Great bundle for me.  I didn't have any of these games, and had been planning to buy SR3 during the recent Steam sale, but I let it slip.  Metro also interests me, and Armageddon was the only (main series) RedFac game I didn't already have.  Company of Heroes is a wash, I already had them.

@Shadowlord: these games get registered with Steam, so you can buy your DLC when it goes on sale during the Christmas Xmas Non-denomination Winter Holiday Sale.  And I believe most of the SR3 DLC is additional missions, so you're not missing a super sniper gun or something.

@Knight of Fools: I got the opposite.  I clicked Amazon, didn't even get a popup to enter details, and just go taken to Humble's contact page.  So I went to Google Wallet instead, and got both emails in around 5 seconds.

ragnar119

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2012, 03:51:50 pm »

I don't care for this bundle. I really don't. I bought Saints Row 3 already and nothing else appeals to me. Most of those games are samey rail shooters.
You are on meth. None of these games are railshooters.

I hope THQ gets some much needed funding out of this, they've been on really hard times after the uPlay fiasco and the collapse of their UFC franchise (now lost to EA).  I want them to be able to survive to release their new games (like Company of Heroes 2, just on the horizon of next spring)

+1
And also, I want to see more warhammer games from them

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2012, 03:54:40 pm »

Holy crap, just two days ago I was annoyed that a bundle of these had gone off from Amazon. Now I get to buy it AND give some to charity. HUZZAH!

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2012, 04:05:19 pm »

WHAT. WHAT IS THIS. Sure am glad I have income.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2012, 04:13:31 pm »

I don't care for this bundle. I really don't. I bought Saints Row 3 already and nothing else appeals to me. Most of those games are samey rail shooters.

Uh, what?  Saints Row 3 is Grand Theft Auto without the tacked on srs plot.  Darksiders is an old school RPG with God of War combat.  Metro 2033 is the closet thing to a rail shooter in the set, so I'll give you that.  Red Faction Armageddon is open-ended isn't it?  And Company of Heroes is a strategy game.

Too bad I already have all of these but Red Faction which I don't want
Shoes...

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2012, 04:15:33 pm »

Damn it, I bought that THQ bundle on Amazon just a few days ago, and I'm out of money now. :|

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2012, 05:22:59 pm »

This bundle is too mainstream.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Bitoru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2012, 05:52:16 pm »

At least pretend you know what you're talking about. This is just awkward for everyone.

joemoben

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2012, 05:54:30 pm »

This is terrible! I say that because my computer is made up of granite. I like this bundle though.
Something about this game makes me wonder why God lets it exist.
Say, if you give birth on a ranch and then murder your baby will a corpse drop be guaranteed?

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2012, 07:26:24 pm »

When I made the thread, the number of Bundles sold was around 30,000.  At the time of this posting, it's now at 235,000 Bundles sold.

Neat.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2012, 09:21:29 pm »

Ooo damn, tempting. I already have Metro 2033 and Company of Heroes (but not the expansions).
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2012, 09:40:00 pm »

I missed out on both Darksiders 1 and 2, but recently picked up 2 on the Steam Thanksgiving sale. Sure glad I didn't pick up 1 at the same time. This way I get it plus all sort of other awesomeness.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2012, 03:38:13 am »

Glad this is doing well - the more help THQ gets to live through the spring and their next wave of releases, the better. I really need me CoH2.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7