Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: Humble THQ Bundle  (Read 9119 times)

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
Re: Humble THQ Bundle
« Reply #45 on: November 30, 2012, 08:37:39 pm »

There is no "forced stealth", at least not what I can remember. There's nothing stopping you from going in guns a-blazing.
Well it won't even let me take off my gasmask or equip weapons.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 30, 2012, 08:41:53 pm »

???

That's...odd. IIRC, you
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 30, 2012, 08:48:50 pm »

A bug perhaps. I failed at sneaking a few times and it always put me back in the same situation.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 01, 2012, 03:54:05 am »

That's the mission that made me ragequit from the game before. Sure you can try to shoot your way trough but it's just as hard and frustrating since EVERYONE will rush you and kill you dead with grenades or bullets, stealthing would be the best option if it also wasn't pants on head retarded about AI spotting you most of the time and relies too heavily on luck in that one part with the chokepoint gate.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 01, 2012, 04:10:12 am »

Honestly, I never had a problem with that section...or any of them, in fact O_o;

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 01, 2012, 12:50:59 pm »

That section isn't too hard to shoot through, just sit yourself in a chokepoint and take em out as they run at you. Human AI in that game is not fantastic, then again, they don't have much to work with.

Stealth wise, if you go around to the left, kill the guy who's taking a leak (he should walk past you) and continue on around that way, its possible to stealth it. Even if you do however, as soon as you get through the door the cutscene looks like it expects you to be discovered, so just get as far as you can while being all stealthy and then when you can make a run for the door if its giving you that much trouble.
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.

0x517A5D

• Bay Watcher
  • Hex Editor‬‬
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 01, 2012, 04:29:30 pm »

I read this on RPS, thought it was interesting.  I didn't feel this way when I bought the Bundle, but...

Quote from: The RPS Bargain Bucket: Breaking Conventions
there’s a degree of cynicism in it that I haven’t felt in previous Humble Bundles. Clearly THQ are hoping to make more money from this bundle than just what it generates in sales, all of the games either have a sequel just out, a sequel on the way, or extensive DLC available to buy on top of the main game, for some reason not included in the bundle. None of the other previous bundles have felt like a trojan horse for DLC sales.

... he's got a point there.

I remember Shadowlord brought up DLC in page 1 of the thread, do any others feel this way as well?

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 01, 2012, 05:43:10 pm »

The only one that Has DLC is Saints Row: The Third and there just weapons and stuff to wear I don't see the big deal it nothing Important.
but I only spent 1$ on it since I don't even like the game and you still save a lot a money on the games so what the big deal complaining about cheap stuff Is pretty asinine.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 05:46:21 pm by Alkhemia »
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

alexandertnt

• Bay Watcher
  • (map 'list (lambda (post) (+ post awesome)) posts)
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 01, 2012, 06:48:37 pm »

It seems a bit of an awkward and suspicious bundle. I would hope that THQ doesn't start releasing DLC packs for the other games after this.

That being said, that is alot of expensive games for cheap. Great buy, IMO.
This is when I imagine the hilarity which may happen if certain things are glichy. Such as targeting your own body parts to eat.

You eat your own head
YOU HAVE BEEN STRUCK DOWN!

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 01, 2012, 07:08:25 pm »

No one's forcing you to actually get the DLC, you know :P

Besides, it's not like these are the first games in the Humble Bundles to have DLC.

Vel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 01, 2012, 07:17:59 pm »

I think the paranoia is a little silly, yes. As mentioned, you don't /have/ to buy the DLC or any DLC they might come out with now, and if it's being released /years/ after the fact of the games' releases it's hardly like it's on-disc DLC.

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 01, 2012, 11:25:33 pm »

It seems a bit of an awkward and suspicious bundle. I would hope that THQ doesn't start releasing DLC packs for the other games after this.

That being said, that is alot of expensive games for cheap. Great buy, IMO.

At this stage THQ couldn't afford to make new DLC for those old games; they can't even afford to put out their upcoming game releases.

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 01, 2012, 11:49:00 pm »

No one's forcing you to actually get the DLC, you know :P

Besides, it's not like these are the first games in the Humble Bundles to have DLC.

Exactly, you don't need to get any DLCs for any of the games if you don't want to - they are all good on their own.

Anyway I don't see anything suspicious about it at all, I think it pretty much comes down to:

1. All games have been out on steam for a long time, they've all been ~$5 or so. Anyone that's going to buy them for a reasonable price probably already has. This way, they can get a few bucks from people who want to pay less then $5 per game, without making some kind of insane 95% off sale on steam or something.

2. Some people pay lots and lots of money for humble bundles because they are crazy like to support the concept. Everyone who pays $1000 for it is just giving THQ free money (assuming they don't drop the THQ slider down).

3. All of the games in the bundle have a sequel that's out right now, or will be released relatively soon, except red faction armageddon. More people playing the original = more people who might buy the sequel.

4. THQ really needs the money, like REALLY needs it. They are not doing well, at all, they need anything they can get. The bundle has made ~$3 million so far, at the default split of 65% to THQ that's almost $2 million...  Considering THQ's market cap (one way of judging the overall value of a company) is a pitiful 9.94 million right now... yeah.

Mostly... it's probably the last point. Things are looking pretty grim for THQ these days.
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 02, 2012, 06:55:17 pm »

I really hope they can put out CoH 2 and heck, the South Park RPG ( I love Paper Mario and this seems like that quite a lot! )

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 03, 2012, 04:37:41 pm »

Grabbed it for $10 today, since I've been enjoying the hell out of SR3 on my buddy's computer. And now we can do co-op! (once I have a functioning computer again). Albeit, he'll be driving around in a supertank (he got the full edition with all the DLCs) and I'll be stuck driving that moped that I swiped from a little old lady...

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7