Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 245 246 [247] 248 249 ... 435

Author Topic: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension  (Read 992893 times)

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
Re: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing: The turn of suicides.
« Reply #3690 on: April 02, 2013, 06:05:12 pm »

Waitlisting
Bo Darville
Apperance: About 6 foot 4 with a handlebar mustache and wearing a cowboy hat, red shirt, and bell bottom blue jeans.
Stats:
Strength 1
Endurance 1
Speed 1
Dexterity 1
Awareness 0
Potency 1
Will 1
Channeling 4
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

luvmonke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3691 on: April 02, 2013, 08:05:14 pm »

Enter the village and pay close attention to the ground.  Wander around until I find something interesting, at every interesction or fork in my path, take the route where there are less footprint/traffic.

If I don't come across anything or anyone obviously hostile, try "Karenthar Casshealio."

Samari45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3692 on: April 02, 2013, 09:24:40 pm »

That's what I get for not reading the last page. I ask stupid questions.

As soon as I spawn say Karenthar Aels Gars
Hope that works how I expect. Would anyone be generous enough to share their words with me, help a newbie out?
« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 09:57:19 pm by Samari45 »

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3693 on: April 02, 2013, 09:45:05 pm »

You're free to start now.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3694 on: April 02, 2013, 10:09:41 pm »

While it appears you have a grasp on some interesting words, I'll point out that magic doesn't work in the spawn room.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #3696 on: April 02, 2013, 10:51:14 pm »

[Congratulations [Insert Name Here] Samari45! You've won the grand drawing, thus a free lesson! Huzzah! Please pick up your free copy of "Invocations and the Esoteric for Dummies"!
Congratulations! Not only did you earn a free lesson, you won a "My First Evocations" Starter Kit as a consolation prize! Hurrah!
Spoiler: My First Evocations (click to show/hide)
]

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3697 on: April 02, 2013, 10:59:30 pm »

Join team aether, and you can get that dinky list times thirty!

Propoganda propoganda propoganda is it working yet?
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3698 on: April 03, 2013, 12:28:28 am »

High five pariah and keep a walkin. Say Shoshashzel Shareeb Shaontrod.
Well you wander down to the village center and come across a gray man fighting a very large dog.

"Excuse me, good sir, is this Baskerville Hall?"

[pot:4]
You get five heavy steel balls wrapped in an aura of repulsive force. They look like they'll fit your weapon.

"Universe, why do you hate me?"

Same words again.
[pot:2,6]
You get nothing, followed by a strange phantom image of a three legged creature with a single eye on a long eyestalk and gecko like feet.

Say "Hath-caon" and if the spell works see if the chunk of rubber is about the size of the chunk missing out of my arm, if the spell doesn't work, or the chunk of rubber is smaller than the wound in my arm say "Hath-caon" again.
[pot:3]
You make a lump of rubber just about the right size for it to fit into the hole in your arm. You jam it into place and are rather surprised when it doesn't work very well.

"Huh...well I guess doing this is about the same as jamming a steak into a flesh wound and being confused when it doesn't just instantly heal."

Say "Hathic" and visualize Crystals shooting up from the earth and impaling the Magihound
((I soooo hope this works))
[spd:6]
[magihound spd:2]
[magihound spd:2]
A small spike of crystal stabs trough the Magihound's paw. In yelps, limps a few feet and then turns tail and runs away. Huh.

step 1: say words and poke resulting item with my metal rod, if the rod doesn't disintegrate grab the item.
step 2: high five Derm and follow him around.

+1 channeling... again...
[pot:2+1]
Your intention is quite interesting. It might even work. Not with that kind of roll though. Magic 8-ball says "Try again later".

You follow derm down to the village center.

Glassco gives a laugh. "Well, seems I'm still getting the hang of maneuvering this right. To the ocean! Again! Hopefully it works this time!" Glassco is still full of enthusiasm of being in a flying bowl about to embark on a grand adventure. In the back of his mind, he wonders how many times he'll die before its over.
[will:4+1]
...You make it 1/4th of the way there...
Your little bowl ship is drift in the clouds on the way to the sea when something moves off to the side of you. Lightning crackles through the clouds faster and faster, a wall of flashing bluish purple rolling toward you.

Silica stays at the back of her group, she aims above where the pitchfork-wielding man will be but in front of Ryan and says "Dorbael Chall-thel"
uh...well dorbael isn't a word. Dorbaelo is, but I doubt thats what you mean.

"Well then interesting, I suspect that I may require metal sword over a glass one right now"
Say words then pickup creation then say other words
I didn't get any words from you...maybe your message 504'd?

Hm... another crazy guy. Well now this time I'm ready! "Come at me at me, bitch!"

Quickly set my shotbow to 2 shot mode and shoot out one of his legs if he's far enough away. If he get's close though, attack his head with the backside of the cleaver to knock him out or at least stun him ((Not the sharp side since my character doesn't want to kill people at all)).

If my attack is successful, quickly grab his leg and yell, "Dorbaelo Doldastar".

[dex:4+1]
You manage to fire a shot into both of his ankles and pin him to the ground. He can't charge you, but he could still very well stab you to death if you get close. Sure you want to charge in and risk it?

-Allianceproposalsnip-

((Well, I'm already in a house in the village doing science, so I guess I'll team up with ya. I don't think I know much that you don't know already tough. Altough I AM comfortable just staying here and doing nice shit. Heh, mayby we could just summon stone and a stone control staff and make a huge stone palace or guard tower. Mayby even with convenient shops or something. In short, I don't have much to offer but a +1 to pot rolls and 3 pool.))

Curse and say "Clo-caltel Shareeb Baltaellsheral" again.

[pot:1+1]
Sad trombone.

((I've got to go back and read all the last few turns to get all the working words down, but I keep skipping over doing it... Still, I found something cool!))

Runic fun!

[pot:3+1,6+1,1+1]

Your runes produce: Fire, A burst of necromantic power, and nothing.

Search for something to murder. Mumbling all the way.
Clo-Caltel Thaltelsho Gars
Stab the OnyxJew!

[Javier spd:5]
[onyx spd:2]
[javier pot:5+1]
Javier's chest becomes a strange mix of rubber tubing and muscle and clockwork organs and copper bone. He immediately attempts to murder Onyx.
[Javier spd:6+1]
[onyx spd:3]
[Javier dex:1
Javier gets the drop on Onyx with a lightning fast stab but misses so hard, so completely, that he throws himself totally off balance. Onyx's riposte is all the easier for it.
[onyx dex:3+2]
[onyx str:1]
His ripost hits perfectly...but glances off without doing any damage whatsoever. Both men collapse into a pile of swashbuckling failure, onyx atop Javier.

Sorry harry, i was almost convinced to walk away but then you went and mentioned point distribution :-/

It was probably the best choice you could have made. My PM'd action was for Tod-2A to tackle you while I would say the words "Kallth Conth". Not to mention that this lets me write up another Tod, with more channeling this time at the expense of awareness!

Consider yourself officially spawned in.
((Well, I'm already in a house in the village doing science, so I guess I'll team up with ya. I don't think I know much that you don't know already tough. Altough I AM comfortable just staying here and doing nice shit. Heh, mayby we could just summon stone and a stone control staff and make a huge stone palace or guard tower. Mayby even with convenient shops or something. In short, I don't have much to offer but a +1 to pot rolls and 3 pool.))
((Oh, you just gave me an excellent idea. Why make a simple tower when you can do so much more? But that's for later, when we either get some will or someone with will. Right now though, just standing around and trying stuff is good enough for me.

So, let us celebrate the formation of team "We need a slogan name!". I'll give you my word list and cast any 6 pool spell you desire (if you agree to share any knowledge you obtain/have obtained of course), once I get down there.))

"This place has outlived its usefulness. Time to move on. But first, something for defense and mobility."

Say "Shaazeshelial Zorhalth Adamenstiar Aels Harialltontal Zzers".
[pot:6+1]
You become an enormous pair of very quick, strong, diamond-fire wings. You are very much alive, but you cannot speak and can't move very well; you can just sort of flop around. Oh dear.

"Hrmm. A plain wooden staff would be nice."

If I recieve a staff, head out of the room and give it a few test swings.
Word of caution before you make this choice. The ability to kill people and creatures with this weapon is important, so  a wooden staff my not be the best weapon of choice. If you still want it though, feel free.

Why is all the failures I have 2? Really weird.
Say Adamenstiar Dontalthelielio. Wander temple, looking for interesting things that don't look dangerous, like shiny stuff.
Good luck, I suppose? Probably best not to question why you haven't had a catastrophic failure.
[pot:2]
Oh dear.

You wander around the temple, looking for shiny things. You find a room full of candles. 13 of them are burning. Thats pretty shiny.

Retreat, then will a giant thallid to begin growing. Order my current thallid to begin collecting Rocks, which will be used to cover the giant thallid, giving it a skin of stone.

Also, is there any way to redistribute points? I want to ditch channeling and potency for more will, dex, and speed.

edit- Also, I think you forgot to bump my successes again.  ;)
You successfully scamper away before a fight can break out, but your attempts to summon and control a new fungus man fail. Guess 2 entities is all you can handle right now.

(As per redistributing points, you can do it when you die, but thats about it. Well, thats not entirely true. The bartender at the ruined tavern sells something that can let you rearrange your stats while still alive, but it costs souls to buy it.)

Alien eye thingy?  You mean that thing someone summoned?

What we need is a word for tentacles.
It's in there. Just need to find it.

"Adamenstiar Shubha Hobitaeaod Rothon"
Whether or not the words succeed, will my arm back. If I succeed in willing my arm back, drop sword, deactivate mark, and pick up staff (provided it won't zap me and exists) and will Thrakor to regrow his body.
[will:1]
[end:1-1]

Welp. I think you know where you are now. You have to lose one point from somewhere since you lost that one soul you had.

Sigh. Then, begin to inscribe runes!

Drawing the circle (A17) using the "pen", fill the middle circle with C21 , the top with B33, and the bottom with B33 as well.
[pot:4]
You inscribe the circle  on the ground and activate it.

The rune in the center burns away-it was probably either in the wrong spot or that part of the circle isn't made to hold runes-while greenish yellow light leaks from the two runes in the small circles towards the center. After all that, nothing appreciable happens though. Hmmm.

Kin says Ratheale Rentheaol directed away from the group. Also keep on walking to some more secure surroundings after Nahere done his magic. Don't wanna fall down again.

You make a plastic sphere about the size of a ping pong ball. Cool, you guess.

You carry thrakor back up the hill to the bridge over the chasm.

Enter the village and pay close attention to the ground.  Wander around until I find something interesting, at every interesction or fork in my path, take the route where there are less footprint/traffic.

If I don't come across anything or anyone obviously hostile, try "Karenthar Casshealio."

You make it down only as far as the Village homes before you attract the attention of a lone pitch forker. He looks rather angry with you and everything else in existence. But he's gonna take it out on you.

That's what I get for not reading the last page. I ask stupid questions.

As soon as I spawn say Karenthar Aels Gars
Hope that works how I expect. Would anyone be generous enough to share their words with me, help a newbie out?
You say your words. They don't seem to work here in this room. Huh.

You know where you are and everything? In the spawn room? Big room with the mummified monks and the magic circle?

"Oh, there's a new minion right there.  How convenient."

Attempt to grab the thing and say words.  If I can't grab it, or the spell fails, use other words.

[Spd:1+1]
[Cloud Shepard spd:4]
[Cloud Shepard pot:4]
[cloud shepard dex:6]
[spd:5+1+1]

The cloud Shepard hurls a blast of freezing air toward you. For an instant your body becomes pure quicksilver and you flow like water, under the blast and then reforming once it has passed.

[dex:4-1]
You run for the edge...and then think better of it at the last second and skid to a stop, flat on your stomach, gripping the stone.

Statuses

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #3699 on: April 03, 2013, 12:34:30 am »

((I KNEW I forgot something))
"Ooh a pretty bird.... wait what was I doing?"
Words grab thing from words then other words
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Saurinae

• Bay Watcher
  • Kobold Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3700 on: April 03, 2013, 12:43:48 am »

Hmm.. That was anticlimactic. Ah well
Wander off looking for mountains and similar rocky place, say "Hathic Ratheale"
Nevermind the disturbingly knowing look that kobold has on her face. That dwarf SHOULD be embarrased!

Vakothu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3701 on: April 03, 2013, 12:46:54 am »

((I don't know if Hobitaeaod works this way, but I'll try.))
Put the rubber where the chunk is missing and say "Hath-caon Hobitaeaod", focusing on merging the rubber to the missing part of my arm.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #3702 on: April 03, 2013, 12:47:11 am »

In that case, commit suicide and respawn with spd 1, dex 1, awareness 1, will 6, and if I still have a point, end 1.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3703 on: April 03, 2013, 12:48:04 am »

((I had the completely wrong idea where Silica was and my browser screwed up when I corrected my post >.< I am now where near Ryan, I am with Sanya, Syvarrus and Jixiu.))
Silica continues following the party, she holds one of her cloth arrows in right hand and says "Dorbaelo Chall-thel"
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 12:59:04 am by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3704 on: April 03, 2013, 12:54:51 am »

Quote from: piecewise
Your intention is quite interesting. It might even work.
Not with that kind of roll though. Magic 8-ball says "Try
again later".

listen to the magic 8 ball, words and thoughts and stuff

Will resend pm once internets decide not to be worse than useless
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.
Pages: 1 ... 245 246 [247] 248 249 ... 435