Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 210 211 [212] 213 214 ... 435

Author Topic: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension  (Read 993142 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

I want the turret Null made.  Turret plus hover = awesome.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile

((You know what might be fun to do (and more easily done)? How about combining weapon spells together? Like... Contallthelthel Zothelthcaon Adamenstiar? If what i think will happen is you'd up with something like a double bladed weapon that acts like a bow made out of crystal. Short and long range all in one. I wish I had the pool to make that happen though.))

Did with saw and claw. I think the p4 word fucked it up though.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile

((You know what might be fun to do (and more easily done)? How about combining weapon spells together? Like... Contallthelthel Zothelthcaon Adamenstiar? If what i think will happen is you'd up with something like a double bladed weapon that acts like a bow made out of crystal. Short and long range all in one. I wish I had the pool to make that happen though.))

Did with saw and claw. I think the p4 word fucked it up though.
Yeah, was about to say. Eyebeam swords, wing axes, cat claws...

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile

I want the turret Null made.  Turret plus hover = awesome.

((Null made a turret at some point o.O? Haven't read that far in the arena era.))
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Don't forget the classic...

[pot:4]
You say your words and the shimmering image of some sort of horrifying cat-staff appears and then vanishes.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile

[Question: Is there anything that adding the bear word to won't make more awesome? Bear sword! Bear chest plate! Bear bow! Bear cat! ...Oh god, I know how Owlbears were made now.]

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

ICELANDIC DEATH METAL BEAR

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

ICELANDIC DEATH METAL BEAR

Except for the icelandic part, wasn't there already one?
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

That was the name of the 5 meter steel bear with wings, yes.

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm gonna try to make one of those myself when i get enough pool... though it was made using Zentol right? I'll probrably replace that with Garstorpit or Rothon! No... the word for fire! Then it'd a flaming metal bear with wings!

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile

Why would it have been made with zentol? It was pure steel wasnt it?
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

Silica aims away from everyone else and says "Shaontrod Phal"
((Is there any way to reduce corruption?))
(maaaaaaybe)
[pot:4+2]
a phantom image of an arrow appears and flies off toward sanya.

"~The-clouds. They-are-doubtlessly-evil.~"

Place hand on Tod-2A, say "Dorbaelo Adamenstiar Shaazeshelial". If that works, have him run like hell through the cloud cover while carrying me.
[pot:1+1]
Sad Trombone.

Saurinae observes his surroundings looking for someplace that may be untouched
I HAVE to get better at using this bow, but a backup weapon wouldn't be bad..
says "Rali-Heliel Taaelth"
Untouched in what way?

[pot:5]

Nothing happens. Perhaps it's missing some part or element.

Walk outside to where the light is better and examine the mark on my hand.
((I forgot to put this on the character sheet, but my character is left-handed, if that matters.))
You walk out to the temple grounds and look at your hand. The mark looks like a letter or symbol of some kind, but not in a language you recognize. It keeps changing, slowly morphing from from letter to another.

"Zzeralleth Cainthalsaz Shaazeshelial"
Activate mark, and if the spell takes, go find and punch a monster in the temple basement. If no monster is there, head down the mountain path.

[pot:1+1]
Sad Trombone

((Well then lets try this))

move to edge of the path and use say words while pointing at the clouds

You wander over to the edge of the temple grounds and point down at the clouds a little ways off.
[pot:6+1]
A massive ball of flame builds in front of you swelling till it's easily 10 feet wide. It hangs there for a moment before rocketing off on a long arc, vanishing into the distance like a flaming comet. Huh.

And thus balance has been restored to the universe.... +1 channeling

get out of the combat zone, say clo-caltel Contallthelthel provided i have the pool

You run from the combat zone and into the Ruined Tavern. You hide in the corner and use your words.
[pot:4+1]
You summon a strange looking sword. It looks mostly like a normal shortsword but close inspection reveals a thin seam down the center of the blade and a trigger on the handle.

Name: Jixiu

Appearance: Instead of a robe, Jixiu always wears a white lab coat. He has a wild hairdo that just kinda sticks out everywhere. This is due to many failed instances of SCIENCE!

Str:0
End:1
Spd:0
Dex:1
Awe:0
Pot:3
Will:2
Channeling:3

Got it. I assume you know where you start and everything?
Fire a good ol' Cainthalsaz Rothcaltal at the lost spirit.
[pot:6]
[dex:1]
You say your words and then, at the last second, you sneeze. You raise your and up to wipe your nose and end up blowing it clean off with your own beam of energy. It stings a bit. Also you're now bleeding to death so...there's that.

Bugger!
Try what failed this turn, I need armor. Armor will help. Keeps me from dying later on.
[pot:2]
another sad tombone. I'd have you try again if you had the pool for it.

"Right. Here goes nothing."

Touch the "airship" and say Dorbaelo Hobitaeaod Ah-thaelao.

[pot:1]
You immediately begin floating, drifting upward at a pretty good clip, rising 30 feet toward the very stormy looking clouds above.

"Hrmmm. Bored."

Head down the mountain. If anything scary attacks me, sprint down the mountain.

((I belive I know how to defeat the lost soul.))
Well, you get part of the way down the path but you can't get all the way down because there is a midget riding a giant naked eunuch blocking the path. Gonna be an interesting day.

Halthel Zaral Hobitaoed!
Head off into an unexplored section of road.

[pot:4+1]
You attempt to summon a lava man, but since said lava man isn't alive and isn't solid, it just spreads out into a nondescript puddle a moment later. You groan and just head farther down the road.

The path takes another sharp turn here and continues down, but also branches, splitting in two. The way that branches off the main road leads to a thin path, not much more then a narrow ledge hugging the face of the mountain. The path continues off, slowly winding straight down and around the mountain toward the sea in the distance. The main path continues down the switchbacks toward a bridge and what looks like a campsite crouched on the edge of the village. 

You are starting to feel pretty sick.

"HAHA! It worked! This is possible! Alright, John, I need you to make a mark that will make this thing --
"Right. Here goes nothing."

Touch the "airship" and say Dorbaelo Hobitaeaod Ah-thaelao.
--Right, seems you're already at work on that. Very good! When we're done here, there will be flight!" At seeing working results, Glassco got more excited than he was previous, practically shouting his words with a wide grin on his face. "I'm going to test a little something, to try and see what happens. Might possibly be a way to alter things without the need of a mark. Or possibly not, who knows. Won't know unless I try."

Glassco points at the bowl-shaped stone floor and says a word. No matter the outcome of the previous word, activate the mark that John makes and WILL the floor to RISE! RIIIISE! ARRRIIIIIISSSEEE! About two feet, at a slow pace, just to be safe.

[As an odd note, I can't help but be amused that so far I haven't gotten anything beyond a one, a three, or a six. Extremes!]
Well...your friend is sort of floating away...but you can still do that first word!
[pot:4]

John glows slightly. It doesn't seem to help his whole "I'm flying away" problem.

"Ho ho ho."
Sneak upstairs and see who is there.

You sneak upstairs and find a man there. He doesn't look like the villagers, he's dressed in strange, foreign looking, loose fitting clothing and wearing a square wooden backpack. He's got a long pipe clenched in his teeth, releasing a thin stream of smoke, and a long, thin blade in the other hand. He's rifling through the drawers of a dresser with his free hand. He looks over at you, blows smoke from his nostrils, and turns back to his scavenging.

Oh come on! Why did they summon up a guy who doesn't like to kill people when there is a ton of people to kill! Why couldn't he be a zombie... one that isn't aware of itself that is! Or some sort of mutant dog or bird or ghost!

"Ah! You are annoying! Zerthel motherfucker!"

Yell "Zerthal" over the villager's head to knock him out. Work or not run past him and through the door in the wall.
[spd:2-1]
[Vun spd:4]
[vun dex:4]
[vun str:4]
[spd:4-1]
[end:2]
The man charges in and clobbers you with a right hook, sending you to the ground and stunning you as he leaps on top of you and reaches for your throat.

"First question: Where is the king? Second question: You got any weapon around I can take?"

If he got any weapon lying around and has no problem letting go, take it. Go in the general direction of where the king is, with or without Thrakor.
The man just laughs at you.

"Yeah, where is that king?  What's he and his forces like?  You mentioned souls- got any I could trade you something or do something for you for?"

Ask.
"Oh I'll sell souls but not for anything you can make. Maybe if you find something rare out there I'll be willing to take it off your hands."

Sigh.
Not cool enough, and not enough info on the science front. A failure all around.

ENACT PLAN DARK MACHINATIONS
Zentol Clo-caltel Contallthelthel Pouerstol.
As soon as you speak the word zentol a black haze surrounds your hand and after an instant vanishes. You have a new hand now, made of strange black flesh.

A mark appears on your stomach and one of the eight eyes opens.

"The not-fire skeleton can pull soul. Who created this damn thing?!"

Run. Try to keep my soul in my chest. Words.
[pot:6+1]
The Lost soul, an more importantly the corpse it was coming from, vanish in a burst of arcane energy. Your life force returns to your body, safe and sound. Whew.

"Well, looks like someone might be home..."

Walk up to the house with smoke coming from the chimney, and stand a few yards away from the door while having floating torch rap on it. If nobody opens it, the cautiously head inside. Use the serpent to defend myself from all attacks.

The building with the smoke is actually the ruined tavern, so you just go in. The hearth is sitting in one corner, mostly dead but still smoldering with enough fire to light things.

Forward! To battle!
You charge into the basement, legion of mushroom men in tow and....there's nothing there.

Goddangit.

*sigh*

Just say words, and enter the nearest building with no players in it.  If something spawns, charge at it with my minion.
[pot:5+1]
You summon an aura of distortion dust and then wander into the other interesting looking building in the village center, the one with the sign of a shirt above it. It seems as though this building was a clothing shop at one point; it's got racks and crates worth of clothing, untold hundreds of outfits hidden in this decaying little artificial cave.

There isn't any armor, but you suppose that if you want something to wear beyond these generic wizard robes, this would be a good place to get it.

Statuses
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Nahere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Try again.
"Zzeralleth Cainthalsaz Shaazeshelial"
Activate mark, and if the spell takes, go find and punch a monster in the temple basement. If no monster is there, head down the mountain path.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile

((Well then interesting))
Put on chest-plate then grab sword and stop it from burning me with left hand then say "Aels Haltol Zorhalth" avoid the possibly flying chainsword when reentering.

« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 03:13:56 am by Corsair »
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.
Pages: 1 ... 210 211 [212] 213 214 ... 435