Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 208 209 [210] 211 212 ... 435

Author Topic: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension  (Read 993754 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

That is going to be an interesting result.  Somehow I doubt you're going to get what you expect, though.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile

[You're just straight up masochistic. Its hard enough with just two words. Since you can't kill people on purpose, this will make getting points rather hard... Shine on you crazy star. Also Tsuch will be getting his/her arm back, on a random note. This is my prediction. Nothing else will happen.]

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile

[I don't know if I want Pouerstol or not. I want it to talk to me or something but I don't want it to hum like the bastard sword that took my hand. If it kills me, my next mission is to craft 12 masterwork swords of at least 5 words each and hand them out like candy...

ONLY ONE CAN BE THE HIGHLAND- *cough*
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile

[It won't kill you, it will just give you two to three eyes and your hand back. At least, that's my bet. Zentol never listens to what you try to make it to do because why would the creator of the magic be controlled by its own magic? So to speak, that is.]

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Pouerstol also isn't the sentience word.  I tried making a sentient mace last round and didn't get one, but it worked on the Bearman.  I could have done something wrong, of course.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile

((Again, I'm not going for sentinence... god, I want this thing to not be able to mindtrick me on contact. I'd rather just have it sort of... whisper randomly or something. This is half science.))
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Zoth-Hareth is sentience...

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile

((Zentol Pouerstol: because allowing a nefarious entity so vile that it doesn't even have an actual name whisper in your brain and sear your mind with its presence is a good idea!))

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

4th page words are really cool... Mind games, mind whispering, paralysis, and sentience.
You gotta live 'em!

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile

"The not-fire skeleton can pull soul. Who created this damn thing?!"

Run. Try to keep my soul in my chest. Words.
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile

Has anyone tried mixing materials? For example, silver and steel might make mithril, which would be a AWESOME thing to have.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile

I thought that Mithril was aluminum?
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile

Steel might be in mithril but aluminium is infinitely more lilely than silver.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile

No I read about it somewhere.

Some ultra rare lightweight metal?

Aluminum fits both those counts. It oxidizes in air and is almost never found in pure form until someone did that thing with... bauxite?

I don't actually know how well it would do as armor though.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile

The reason I suggested silver and steel is because another name for mithril is truesilver, from LOTR. And it IS fictional, not real. A third of the weight of steel, three times the durability, and looks like silver. Mined out as a ore in moria, before the balrog was discovered there, and fucked shit up.
Pages: 1 ... 208 209 [210] 211 212 ... 435