Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: To Be a Daemon. On Mars?  (Read 2598 times)

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
To Be a Daemon. On Mars?
« on: November 19, 2012, 03:00:51 am »

Hello and welcome to my first forum game. This will take a suggestion game format, so there will be one character guided by your input. Anyway, on with it.

Emptiness. Darkness. Hunger. You are a manifestation of the worst mankind has to offer. Anger, hate, fear, jealousy, hunger for power.... You are all of these, and more. Your true form is incomprehensible to man, a mere glimpse having horrific consequences. So they defend themselves, unconsciously of course. Their minds conjure replacements, shrouds to hide your true nature from their mortal eyes. What do you look like to a being of mere flesh and bone?

You sense little around you, save for the telltale scent of evil seeping into the thin air from your very presence. But wait, this is no earth, there is precious little life here. A flash of color startles you, disappearing as quickly as it came. Red dust and rock as far as the eye can see. Unnatural domes rising many stories into the dim sky. Where are you?

An isolated colony, consisting of a single main dome and a number of smaller, connected domes and buildings home to some two hundred souls. The deep mine shafts supply tons of hematite to a larger colony eight hours' drive away, but they wouldn't be missed soon. Equipment malfunctions are common out here, and attacks from other, less fortunate colonies are not unheard of.

A larger colony, maybe even deserving the name of a town. It is fully self-sufficient with six large domes and a scattering of manufactories, hydroponic units, a sensor and communications array, a small spaceport capable of accepting smaller craft, a considerable garage for ground vehicles, and a small but well-staffed military outpost. This colony is home to over one thousand souls with a platoon of thirty hardened RNA Infantry garrisoning the outpost.

Appearance: Ethereal flames, shadow, humanoid, whatever...?

Background:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

But you are a creation of hatred, violence, and chaos, why do you care about this silliness? Why indeed. Because power, more often than not, requires finesse. Being a cosmic abomination, this is not your strong suit, but you realize its importance and strive to improve your skill at not killing everything and painting the walls with blood, right?

Any questions on just about anything related to the game will be answered in some form, and I will be awake for approximately three hours following this post. Constructive criticism is welcomed. Railroading will be minimal as long as trolling is as well.

http://rolz.org will be used for rolls unless/until a better site is suggested.

Acknowledgements
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 01:45:40 pm by Morrigi »
Cthulhu 2016! No lives matter! No more years! Awaken that which slumbers in the deep!

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
Re: To Be a Daemon
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2012, 03:05:26 am »

We have the appearance of ethereal flames.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2012, 03:08:37 am »

We look different to each and every mortal. To the greedy we are their most prized possession. To the lustful the person of their dreams. To the prideful, an adoring admirer. To the happy, we are a beggar.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2012, 03:11:52 am »

We appear as the people we face, only twisted, showing the worst parts of their personality, showing them just how far a human can fall.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2012, 03:22:17 am »

We look different to each and every mortal. To the greedy we are their most prized possession. To the lustful the person of their dreams. To the prideful, an adoring admirer. To the happy, we are a beggar.
Unfortunately, we currently lack the required understanding of human thought to customize our appearance as such. In addition, it takes a considerable amount of concentration to change our form. Regrettable, but in time, in time...
In time, we will be able to worm our way into a man's thoughts, imprinting whatever you desire in his mind, be it a picture of yourself, an altered reality, a blank emptiness, or chaos itself.

Power: One unit of power is equivalent to one average, hardworking human. A soldier may have between two or three and twenty physical power, depending on his equipment and training. Some people are weaker minded, requiring little to send over the edge. Animals, Martian and Terran, vary widely. (No, there are no Martian cows grazing on dust. However, Mars has caves. In addition, there are few Terran animals on Mars, the environment is rather hostile.)

Physical Power:5
Mental Power:5
« Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 03:24:05 am by Morrigi »
Cthulhu 2016! No lives matter! No more years! Awaken that which slumbers in the deep!

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2012, 03:31:46 am »

Eh, a will-o-wisp then.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2012, 03:33:05 am »

When we're feeling stealthy, that is. When we attack, mortals see us as a predator, ready to charge, ripping, tearing, the thing in the night, the flesh-ripper, that which they fear most. Etc. I'm tired right no-ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2012, 03:44:13 am »

When we're feeling stealthy, that is. When we attack, mortals see us as a predator, ready to charge, ripping, tearing, the thing in the night, the flesh-ripper, that which they fear most. Etc. I'm tired right no-ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Any specifics on this flesh ripper?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2012, 03:50:49 am »

Any specifics on this flesh ripper?
I was just being generic. When attacking, we become something that makes lesser mortals die from terror and freeze the rest in their tracks.
Sig! Onol

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2012, 03:55:38 am »

Alright, I'll give this a bit more time. Also, what is our location? See first post.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2012, 03:57:20 am »

Mining colony, anyone?
Sig! Onol

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2012, 03:59:47 am »

We are Fleshrip the Dust of Grinding, and we live on Mars. We refer to ourselves in the plural third person.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2012, 04:10:17 am »

Votes so far:

Ethereal fire/will-o-wisp: 2

Flesh ripper (open to interpretation for now): 2

Mining colony: 1

Established colony: 0

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2012, 04:38:37 am »

Mining colony.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2012, 05:45:15 am »

Just need a consensus on our appearance. Feel free to suggest things. Anyway, I'm going to bed, back tomorrow/later.
Pages: [1] 2 3