Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 274 275 [276] 277 278 ... 316

Author Topic: Terrible Jokes  (Read 705943 times)

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
Re: Terrible Jokes
« Reply #4125 on: October 09, 2018, 11:52:22 am »

An old one I was reminded of for some odd reason.

Two souls ascending to heaven passed a mountain, where they saw two eagles flying.  "Ah, eagles," one soul said to the other.  The eagles, to be polite, said nothing.
I don't get it. "Ah, souls" doesn't sound impolite.

Did you hear about the bird that stole a snack from the beach? It was a bay gull.
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #4126 on: October 09, 2018, 01:36:13 pm »

An old one I was reminded of for some odd reason.

Two souls ascending to heaven passed a mountain, where they saw two eagles flying.  "Ah, eagles," one soul said to the other.  The eagles, to be polite, said nothing.
I don't get it. "Ah, souls" doesn't sound impolite.

I... think I see what you did there?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4127 on: October 09, 2018, 01:53:23 pm »

I don't get the original joke ):
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4128 on: October 09, 2018, 01:55:57 pm »

I don't get the original joke ):
That is the original joke.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4129 on: October 09, 2018, 01:57:41 pm »

That was the original joke.

PPE: Ninjaed

(I don't get whether Doze actually got it. It was either a well-played response, or a funny 'found joke' that it hadn't been. Either's good. Edit: which means none of the above is terrible!)
« Last Edit: October 09, 2018, 01:59:30 pm by Starver »

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4130 on: October 09, 2018, 02:09:21 pm »

Ah, so it was thread-appropriate :P
I just kept wondering if I missed a pun or something.  Kept trying to interpret "Ah, souls" as something, just like Dozebôm.

So it's like my "Rope joke" from Boy Scouts, which I'm sure I'm shared before.  A skit I did with my best friend, before a crowd of all the assembled parents, our own included:

Friend: *messing with a rope*
Me: *Walk on stage* "Hey, what are you doing?"
Friend: "Tying a knot"
Me: "That's dumb." *exeunt*

It *looks* low effort, but I don't think that was our intention.  Most people were copying scripts their parents found online (this was the 90's, we were literally like 12).  We wanted to do something different than yet another Happy Fun Ball take.  We wanted to go meta.

The awkward forced applause from the parents was our punchline.  And maybe that's mean, but we were kids.

In retrospect I may have also been frustrated with the very concept of knot-tying, which always escaped me beyond the most basic ones.  But I'm pretty sure that Death of the Author applies here because I am a different person.

Who still cannot tie knots, and sometimes goes out with guys.
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4131 on: October 09, 2018, 02:24:14 pm »

/to make the loud guffaws

As to your rope trick: Cue Milligan. Or Q...  Milligan and cast facing and starting to move towards the fourth wall:
What are we gonna do now?
What are we gonna do now?
What are we gonna do now..?

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4132 on: October 09, 2018, 03:41:26 pm »

I just kept wondering if I missed a pun or something.  Kept trying to interpret "Ah, souls" as something, just like Dozebôm.

Keep trying  :P
One wheel short of a wagon

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4133 on: October 09, 2018, 03:55:59 pm »

I think if I'd have tried a gnarly crack like that out on some old uni friends, I'd have wrecked 'em with laughter. No ifs, no buts.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4134 on: October 09, 2018, 04:01:43 pm »

Keep trying  :P
I finally got it, thanks!

The issue was dialect.  And the abstraction of "Did they mean 'ah, souls'?  What would that mean?"
She/they

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4135 on: October 09, 2018, 04:13:30 pm »

Glad you got the keys t'the humour so you could finally see it. Hope it wasn't just me fundementally scraping the bottom of the barrel as much as I could dare, 'ere. Sorry, is that a stern look? Pish tush, please don't mind my prattling on!

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4136 on: October 09, 2018, 04:24:32 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
She/they

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4137 on: October 09, 2018, 04:38:27 pm »

You probably didn't get my "a gnarly" thing then, either, and maybe some/most of the others.  ;)

I think if I'd have tried a gnarly crack like that out on some old uni friends, I'd have wrecked 'em with laughter. No ifs, no buts.

Glad you got the keys t'the humour so you could finally see it. Hope it wasn't just me fundementally scraping the bottom of the barrel as much as I could dare, 'ere. Sorry, is that a stern look? Pish tush, please don't mind my prattling on!

(Bad puns. Buns!)

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4138 on: October 09, 2018, 05:04:49 pm »

My dad was a sailor in the USN and taught me some rope tricks. It's knot exactly my favorite thing.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4139 on: October 09, 2018, 10:51:18 pm »

What do you get when you cross a macaque with a legendary axe dwarf?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 274 275 [276] 277 278 ... 316