Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: The Centauri Colonies: Game Thread  (Read 9943 times)

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
Re: The Centauri Colonies: Game Thread
« Reply #45 on: December 02, 2012, 04:38:52 am »

(Alright GWG. I think you have made it to my camp now, so we can do diplomacy. Do you want to start, or shall I?)

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 02, 2012, 08:52:31 am »

100 huntresses (bows and spears) and 100 soldiers (Laser guns)
Hunt\gather edible plants.  Try to switch hunting to less dangerous smaller game, insects and plant gathering. We can't abuse ecosystem too much

100 male slaves, 200 female slaves, 100 soldiers
Salvage one more pod for metal, make shovels and picks, then dig dugouts around the huts. Designed to serve both for low level habitation and entrenchments

300 pregnant female slaves
Cooking, cleaning and other non-hard work. Also they should be given the best habitation

50 soldiers
Guard the camp

50 soldiers
Gather reconnaissance info about the  discovered information. Try to kidnap some locals for interrogation but evade any combat

300 female slaves
Ordered to make life more comfortable, they should to produce some clothing, kitchenware, primitive furniture and so on. They may use wood, leftover from hunted animals and anything else they can find. Promise same benefits for the best crafters as huntresses got
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 02, 2012, 09:41:17 am »

(Alright GWG. I think you have made it to my camp now, so we can do diplomacy. Do you want to start, or shall I?)
Sure.
"Hello there. Who and how are you?"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 02, 2012, 11:47:47 am »

(Adwarf, lets do some diplomacy!)
Greetings representatives of House Argonian, we are but humble envoys for the leaders of our glorious nation.
GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
That's right bitches, we're a fucking terminator.
Our new catch phrase is: "I wont be back."

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 02, 2012, 11:51:57 am »

"Welcome my friends to the lands of House Argonian, it is a pleasure to meet people from your faction after all we've heard since leaving our old home. Please forgive the ramshackle look of our new found home, there is not much I can do to improve a land that must cater to 10,000 people in so short a time. Any who lets move off such sad things and to more important matters, may I ask what it is you wish to do here?"

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 02, 2012, 12:15:54 pm »

We desire to cultivate a strong diplomatic, economic, and military relationship with you, so both our peoples can prosper far into the future.  Also, if you can spare some iron, it would be greatly appreciated, since we need to build a generator and have few materials with which to do so.  Anything we can offer in return we will be more than happy to provide you with, whether it be materials, information, or manpower.
GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
That's right bitches, we're a fucking terminator.
Our new catch phrase is: "I wont be back."

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 02, 2012, 02:22:18 pm »

Admiral Mask, upon hearing that HTI had sent an envoy, including Phil himself, dresses for the occasion. Donning an expensive looking Tux and Rhinestone studded Ski-Mask, he heads to the bridge of his destroyer and gives orders to allow Phil and a few of his bodyguards aboard to meet him.

---

"Just tickled thank you. I had no idea that you would have the moxie to come visit me in person! Made my day right there!"

Mask gestures to the controls. "Please do have a seat at either the wheel or the weapon controls, and enjoy the view. I'm sure we have much to talk about and may be here for awhile."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 02, 2012, 02:26:58 pm »

Phil sits at the wheel--less threatening.

"Mind if I ask why you were trying to contact people? Might as well start there."
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 02, 2012, 02:46:51 pm »

"We were trying to contact you in specific. You are bigger than us, and we have a justly earned reputation for violence and mayhem. I was just hoping we could agree to go about our business without quarrel.

I don't want to be invaded by a population much larger than my own, and you don't want to wake up one morning to find this monster shelling your settlement. I think some sort of non-aggression pact would help us both sleep easier."

(Including the original messages I sent here, because I think you may have missed them and gotten Mensor and Myself confused again)
Old Messages
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 02, 2012, 02:59:38 pm »

((I had forgotten))

"Well, I certainly think nonaggression is a good idea, but I can hardly condone you waging war on others unprovoked...but let's not worry about that just yet. Let's move onto other considerations. Have you found any natural resources worth mention?"
Sig

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 02, 2012, 03:27:26 pm »

"Eh. Once we get established and have the means to do so, I do intend to switch to some more civilized forms of pillage and control."

Mask stares out to sea and fiddles with a dial on the (powered off) weapons system. "As for the resources... I spotted whales the other day. Not sure if there are enough to be considered as a sustainable food source, but could be good enough to hold us over until we are extablished..."

The admiral offers a chuckle. "I got a feeling you were asking about minerals though... I was just about to order my hovercrafts to explore inland and look into that. If you want to send 25 or so men to tag along and take notes, we can decide how to split the resources we find like gentlemen."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 02, 2012, 03:44:37 pm »

"Sure. I'm trying to set up an industrial base, resources are vital.
Um...mind letting me know before you invade anyone? This may be waived if they attack first, but let me know ASAP. Is this fine?"
Sig

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 02, 2012, 03:59:07 pm »

"Of course. I'll tip you off. I don't think I plan on destroying more than a few more settlements. Once we are properly feared we should be able to get alot of what we want without violence. But yeah, I'll keep you informed."

Mask laughs. "Yeah. We could all use a bit of industry. We could both afford an arms build up. Have you heard those transmissions from the Royal Marines? If they have even half your population and a quarter of their hardware from back on earth, they could take this whole continent by breathing hard.... I'm just glad we were able to triangulate them on another landmass."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 02, 2012, 04:03:53 pm »

"Yeah, that's...wait, more? What have you already done?"
Sig

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 02, 2012, 04:08:25 pm »

"There are... erm were... two settlements to the south of us. I lay siege to one with the destroyer until it payed up. The other one was smaller than even me... lets just say it no longer exists."
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7