Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Star Type

G-type main-sequence star, yellow stars (Like the Sun, lifetime of ~10 bil. years)
- 3 (23.1%)
K-type main-sequence star, orange stars (Cooler than the Sun, more stable, slightly less massive, lifetime of ~20 bil. years)
- 4 (30.8%)
F-type main-sequence star, yellow-white stars (Slightly hotter than the Sun, less stable, more massive, lifetime of ~3 bil. years, very !!FUN!!)
- 5 (38.5%)
Other classes (Please specify)
- 1 (7.7%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 28

Author Topic: Create a Planet  (Read 64245 times)

Dragor23

• Bay Watcher
  • A brazillion of football
    • View Profile
Re: Create a Planet
« Reply #195 on: December 01, 2012, 06:33:18 pm »

We still need more carbone dioxide.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: December 01, 2012, 09:56:30 pm »

I'll name the moon...Ignisterra.

Some of the clusters will develop a hollow center, similar to those chambers in sponges. They will also get those microvilli they have on the collar cells.

Proto-sponges, basically. Still motile,  just bigger, slower, and more complex.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: December 02, 2012, 04:09:23 am »

>Some cometborn eukaryots develop big flagelle and begin to hunt and devour other cells.

>Some of the DNA-sharing prokariots begin to excrete their poisonous by-products, in order to keep those new predators at bay (with mitigated success. The arm race begin!).
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: December 02, 2012, 08:23:36 am »

More Volcanism World shattering event.

A decent sized meteor strikes the planet, smashing into the acidic ocean. The nearby surface live is killed*, and the shockwave scours over the seabed, tearing up stones, but also the recently forming colonies, which drift towards the surface**. The water vapour clouds the sky, insulating and warming the planet, but also reducing solar light. As a reaction on the impact, volcanism increases, and the oceans slowly become more and more acidic, and the athmospherical concentrations of Sulphur and carbon dioxide rise.***

*Not killing of all surface live. Not even sizeable fraction
**Again, not all colonies, just a few
***They probably already were.

Dump a small asteroid on the planet to make a one time transfer of life from the smokers to the surface possible.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: December 02, 2012, 09:52:29 am »

Modify the surface-drifting colonies so they can survive in the lower pressures of the surface waters and find food.

Disregard this action if it prevents me from doing my other action.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Sporemaniac777

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: December 02, 2012, 04:25:32 pm »

Planet: Genesis
Mass: 0.95 Earth masses
Diameter: 11858 km
SMA: 2.4 AU
Atmosphere: Nitrogen (93%), Carbon Dioxide (6%), Other gases (Argon, water vapor etc.) (0.8%), Sulfur dioxide (0.2%), 1.0 ATM
Axis: 12°
Water covering: 60% of the surface, quite unstable climate
Geology: Active, Earth-like
Moons:
Ignisterra:
                       Mass: 0.012 Earth masses
                       Diameter: 3446 km
                       SMA: 403 000 km
                       Orbital inclination: 28°
                       Atmosphere: None
                       Geology: Dead
Unnamed moon 2:
                       Mass: 0.007 Earth masses
                       Diameter: 3177 km
                       SMA: 151 000 km
                       Orbital inclination: 87°
                       Atmosphere: None
                       Geology: Volatile, Io-like

More volcanism... Just what we need!

I'll name the moon...Ignisterra.

Some of the clusters will develop a hollow center, similar to those chambers in sponges. They will also get those microvilli they have on the collar cells.

Proto-sponges, basically. Still motile,  just bigger, slower, and more complex.

Congratulations! You finally named one of the moons! Oh, and you developed the first proper multi-cellular organisms aswell.

>Some cometborn eukaryots develop big flagelle and begin to hunt and devour other cells.

>Some of the DNA-sharing prokariots begin to excrete their poisonous by-products, in order to keep those new predators at bay (with mitigated success. The arm race begin!).

You develop some interesting circumstances... I like this.

More Volcanism World shattering event.

A decent sized meteor strikes the planet, smashing into the acidic ocean. The nearby surface live is killed*, and the shockwave scours over the seabed, tearing up stones, but also the recently forming colonies, which drift towards the surface**. The water vapour clouds the sky, insulating and warming the planet, but also reducing solar light. As a reaction on the impact, volcanism increases, and the oceans slowly become more and more acidic, and the athmospherical concentrations of Sulphur and carbon dioxide rise.***

*Not killing of all surface live. Not even sizeable fraction
**Again, not all colonies, just a few
***They probably already were.

Dump a small asteroid on the planet to make a one time transfer of life from the smokers to the surface possible.

You eject some of the deep-sea life up to the surface of the ocean and make the planet even more acidic than it was. Great.

Modify the surface-drifting colonies so they can survive in the lower pressures of the surface waters and find food.

Disregard this action if it prevents me from doing my other action.

You adapt the life to the surface!

For some reason, imgur decided not to work. So no tree of life this time, but the next time!

Dragor23

• Bay Watcher
  • A brazillion of football
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: December 02, 2012, 04:27:22 pm »

take imagebanana.com.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: December 02, 2012, 04:49:34 pm »

Ignisterra is the other moon. The firey world.

The surface colonies start to develop basic photosynthesis. Meanwhile, some of those in the depths become larger, with more complex internal passages. Also, some of all of the swimming, sponge-like colonies (which I will term poripinnans), large and small, will develop more complex internal passages and such, allowing them to "jet" around. This grants swift, voluntary motility.
Sig

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: December 02, 2012, 05:46:30 pm »

It's what I understood too. "Ignis" is fire in latin (If I'm not mistaken).
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: December 02, 2012, 06:22:41 pm »

It's what I understood too. "Ignis" is fire in latin (If I'm not mistaken).
*hands kaian a metaphorical cookie*
Sig

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: December 02, 2012, 07:20:00 pm »

Can another person join this game?  If possible, details below of what I would prefer.  (mostly chose this due to the lack

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 07:25:32 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: December 02, 2012, 07:22:27 pm »

Why are you assuming my dragons are evil? I was planning to be ALL dragons.
Seriously, why does everyone assume I'm evil?
Sig

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: December 02, 2012, 07:26:56 pm »

Referenced the post, and who says spheres cannot overlap anyway?:

Pisskop: Andriofaust, God of water, rain, ice and snow. (neutral to chaotic neutral)
Rhyme: Izrador God of Death, Cold and Darkness. (probably lawful neutral to lawful evil)
GreatWyrmGold: Azeroth, God of Flames and Creator of Dragons and Trolls. (chaotic neutral to chaotic evil)
Angle: Litekkio, god of change and trickery. (chaotic evil)
Dragor 23: Logos, god of logic. (lawful neutral)
Hubris Incalculable: Tishka, God of Air and wind. (neutral to chaotic neutral)

GUNINANRUNIN: God of Abandonment and Multi-Coloured Ribbons (chaotic neutral?)
micelus: Calliv, god of Randomness. (definitively chaotic neutral)
kopout: Atrirs, lord of false life. (no idea)
Xantalos: Adon, god of curiosity, coincidence, and advancement. (lawful neutral maybe? closest to good yet)

So I shall claim Halimeda, goddess of compassion, peace and healing (neutral good). (partly because I like this kind of god(dess), and partly to counterbalance this band of chaotic neutral gods. Seriously, half of you are Chaotic Neutral. Not that I have anything against it, but I like varety, that's all.)
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Draconik_Sankis

• Bay Watcher
  • Science is Progress, and Progress is !!FUN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: December 02, 2012, 08:00:20 pm »

Then I shall have Draken The God of the Scales, arrive to assist.
Domains: Order, Balance, Chaos, Protection(over lapping with others here)

As for Actions I shall first break some of the carbon Dioxide into its base components of Carbon and Dioxide using sets of three dioxide i shall then craft sets of two tri-oxide (or O-zone) and create a protective barrier of O-zone around the Primary planet.

Then for Ignisterra I bring some of the nitrogen from Genesis and form an atmosphere for it.

Then I shall go to the First and still un-nammed moon and start my palace, and I shall name the Moon.
"Tranquility"

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: December 02, 2012, 08:06:56 pm »

I disagreed with that interpretation and dragons is an awfully narrow domain.
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 28