Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Star Type

G-type main-sequence star, yellow stars (Like the Sun, lifetime of ~10 bil. years)
- 3 (23.1%)
K-type main-sequence star, orange stars (Cooler than the Sun, more stable, slightly less massive, lifetime of ~20 bil. years)
- 4 (30.8%)
F-type main-sequence star, yellow-white stars (Slightly hotter than the Sun, less stable, more massive, lifetime of ~3 bil. years, very !!FUN!!)
- 5 (38.5%)
Other classes (Please specify)
- 1 (7.7%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 28

Author Topic: Create a Planet  (Read 64217 times)

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Create a Planet
« Reply #105 on: November 18, 2012, 01:28:01 pm »

There should (for Rule of Cool reasons rather than strict physics) be a steady stream of plasma being siphoned from one to the other.  When beings look up into the sky they see two blazing orbs connected by a thin string in the middle - like chained cannonballs on fire.  :B
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 18, 2012, 01:32:07 pm »

There should (for Rule of Cool reasons rather than strict physics) be a steady stream of plasma being siphoned from one to the other.  When beings look up into the sky they see two blazing orbs connected by a thin string in the middle - like chained cannonballs on fire.  :B
I support this. I'll help with my powers of coincidence.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 18, 2012, 01:32:59 pm »

It's fairly possible.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 18, 2012, 01:33:37 pm »

It's fairly possible.
Just needs a little coincidence.
Sig! Onol

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 18, 2012, 01:49:33 pm »

Actually, I was asking about moons, not stars.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 18, 2012, 01:50:06 pm »

Actually, I was asking about moons, not stars.
more or less 300.000 km

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 18, 2012, 02:06:57 pm »

It appear that I have yet to claim spheres as a god. Looking up claimed spheres...

Pisskop: Andriofaust, God of water, rain, ice and snow. (neutral to chaotic neutral)
Rhyme: Izrador God of Death, Cold and Darkness. (probably lawful neutral to lawful evil)
GreatWyrmGold: Azeroth, God of Flames and Creator of Dragons and Trolls. (chaotic neutral to chaotic evil)
Angle: Litekkio, god of change and trickery. (chaotic evil)
Dragor 23: Logos, god of logic. (lawful neutral)
Hubris Incalculable: Tishka, God of Air and wind. (neutral to chaotic neutral)

GUNINANRUNIN: God of Abandonment and Multi-Coloured Ribbons (chaotic neutral?)
micelus: Calliv, god of Randomness. (definitively chaotic neutral)
kopout: Atrirs, lord of false life. (no idea)
Xantalos: Adon, god of curiosity, coincidence, and advancement. (lawful neutral maybe? closest to good yet)

So I shall claim Halimeda, goddess of compassion, peace and healing (neutral good). (partly because I like this kind of god(dess), and partly to counterbalance this band of chaotic neutral gods. Seriously, half of you are Chaotic Neutral. Not that I have anything against it, but I like varety, that's all.)
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Hubris Incalculable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 18, 2012, 02:33:17 pm »

i blow hard against the surface of the world, and fill the sky with air (comprised of 30.28% oxygen, 65.2% nitrogen, 1.7% argon, 0.02% carbon dioxide, and 2.4% other elements)

there shall be breath

i declare it to be so
Code: (Bay 12 Lower Boards IRC) [Select]
server = irc.darkmyst.net
channel = #bay12lb

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #113 on: November 18, 2012, 03:20:07 pm »

Seriously, half of you are Chaotic Neutral. Not that I have anything against it, but I like varety, that's all.)
Only because you decided to label us that way.

Launch Chaos Ribbons at the surface of the planet! Also a meteor shower!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 18, 2012, 03:30:03 pm »

GreatWyrmGold: Azeroth, God of Flames and Creator of Dragons and Trolls. (chaotic neutral to chaotic evil)
Lawful neutral to lawful goodish, I was thinking.
Might as well claim an extra sphere: Justice. Bear in mind that that makes me the patron of not just vigilantes and such, but also governments in general, executions, lawyers...
Lawful Neutral.

Seriously, half of you are Chaotic Neutral. Not that I have anything against it, but I like varety, that's all.)
Only because you decided to label us that way.
Agreed.

Launch Chaos Ribbons at the surface of the planet! Also a meteor shower!
"Chaos ribbons? Really?"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 18, 2012, 03:31:50 pm »

i blow hard against the surface of the world, and fill the sky with air (comprised of 30.28% oxygen, 65.2% nitrogen, 1.7% argon, 0.02% carbon dioxide, and 2.4% other elements)

there shall be breath

i declare it to be so

I block this, because I really want to have a rather logical progression rather than instant weather of doom. No jumping halfway the evolution ladder.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #116 on: November 18, 2012, 03:37:28 pm »

there shall be breath

i declare it to be so

I block this, because I really want to have a rather logical progression rather than instant weather of doom. No jumping halfway the evolution ladder.
Well what IS a logical progression? We're all self-proclaimed Gods, thats already straying a bit (speaking of which, perhaps throwing that out the window might help the progression a bit). I don't know what the limits to our abilities are. GM! Help!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 18, 2012, 03:41:04 pm »

there shall be breath

i declare it to be so

"Excellent point, I'll help. While I'm at it..."
Create an abode on the more volcanic moon.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 18, 2012, 03:41:30 pm »

there shall be breath

i declare it to be so

Well what IS a logical progression? We're all self-proclaimed Gods, thats already straying a bit (speaking of which, perhaps throwing that out the window might help the progression a bit). I don't know what the limits to our abilities are. GM! Help!
We currently have a half molten planet without any water. A good way to have water in athmo without magicking it in is vulcanic eruptions. Hence, explosion time.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 18, 2012, 03:43:41 pm »

Adon acts.
Somewhere in the void, a stray hydrogen molecuel drifts off course. This hits another, which hits another, and quickly a storm of hydrogen particles developed. This is just enough to push an ice-carrying comet directly into the path of the new planet.
Sig! Onol
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 28