Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9

Author Topic: You are a Space Army Project  (Read 7972 times)

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Space Army Project
« Reply #75 on: November 17, 2012, 03:58:19 pm »

Looks good to me.
You'll need to decide what equipment your soldiers have, if your not going to use psychics I'd suggest dropping it into the negative digits to improve your armor though.
Mines at -5 which gave me 5 more points to spend on my infantry.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 17, 2012, 04:01:54 pm »

Looks good to me.
You'll need to decide what equipment your soldiers have, if your not going to use psychics I'd suggest dropping it into the negative digits to improve your armor though.
Mines at -5 which gave me 5 more points to spend on my infantry.
If 0 is near to none psychic power, does -5 mean that your people are highly affectable by other psyckers.

Also, automated tanks are already a possibility. It's very likely that we have them in the future, with humans only for patch up repairs and problem solving (and maybe moral decisions).

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 17, 2012, 04:04:45 pm »

But not in this yet :) since man power regulates how many men you can have and for balancing issues you have to have men for tanks and things or it'd be a little over powered.

I'm not entirely sure about -5 I think it just means not a single possible chance of any psychics in my army at all, ever.

Rhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 17, 2012, 04:07:43 pm »

-5 means not even a single chance of pshychics. 0 Means there might be around 4-5 people.
Most people's relationship with Dwarf Fortress is akin to Stockholm Syndrome.
Dwarf Fortress doesn't mean to do it... I just can't behave sometimes so it has to correct me.
Wait, there's a player list?

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 17, 2012, 04:10:03 pm »

So basically my men have all the psychic powers of your average potato.
But since I don't want or need psychics dropping it to -5 allowed me to boost my infantry.

So if you don't want psychics then you could drop it to -5 and use it to boost your armor to 6 giving you very basic power armor and forcefields.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 17, 2012, 04:14:20 pm »

I like how the very point of my project is to turn soldiers into walking tanks, and then someone comes by and tries making a squad of actual tanks. Fun times.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 17, 2012, 04:16:05 pm »

Hah wait till I get to set up some research.
I'm going to invent a military commando force capable of boarding space stations or ships without using a ship to do it :).

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 17, 2012, 04:18:49 pm »

Well, I did look forward to having to outdo most of you in research and made the smartest fellas on Earth my comrades. Good luck though. :3

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 17, 2012, 04:20:30 pm »

Luck is for people who don't have an army of genetically advanced super humans with bad attitudes :P.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 17, 2012, 04:24:23 pm »

I like how the very point of my project is to turn soldiers into walking tanks, and then someone comes by and tries making a squad of actual tanks. Fun times.
I figured that could have its uses. I never intended to get in your way, rather to get the size above (for complementarity or something  :) )

Also I like the idea of having a couple "jedi" pilots or gunners. Precognancy help aiming, or so I've been told. Infantry have nearly no armor? They should deal with it and duck behind the tanks. They are nearly useless if there is not a LOT of cover anyway. Their purpose is to get where tanks cant and protect them from short-range infantry attack.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 17, 2012, 04:33:43 pm »

How?
They'll take all of 2 shots to kill since you have only the most basic armor.
2 if the soldier is lucky enough to be born tough.
Currently you've got 50 decently armed soldiers who will be torn to pieces by any other decently armed military force the moment the tanks can no longer cover them.

I wonder if we can do war games it'd be fun to see your 50 men fight 5 of my heavies :P.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 17, 2012, 04:35:49 pm »

Well, the Vehicles points also cover vehicle armor, so my tank will take quite a beating. one of my tanks could probably handle your 5 heavies alone.
Now if you're speaking about my infantry, I don't think they stand a decent chance either... Yet, the whole point of this army is TANKS.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 17, 2012, 04:40:08 pm »

Give me about 10 turns :).
My first weapon research is going to be making a new gun that makes a very very very big bang.
Then we can re visit your tanks vs my heavies :P.

Rhyme can we sell equipment to each other?
Once you have some money I might be able to sell you some power armor, weaker then mine naturally but it'll still give your infantry a fighting chance then rather then them being very useful at observing the rear end of the tanks for paint damage :P.

Rhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 17, 2012, 04:46:35 pm »

You can trade technology, equipment and everything you want.
Most people's relationship with Dwarf Fortress is akin to Stockholm Syndrome.
Dwarf Fortress doesn't mean to do it... I just can't behave sometimes so it has to correct me.
Wait, there's a player list?

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 17, 2012, 04:57:18 pm »

Kaian your up.

You've got my expeditionary force, I'd suggest you and Ukrainian work together since he has some serious fire power at his disposal.
I'd also suggest between the two of you that you should attempt to secure a safe position and begin gathering up and evacuating survivors as fast as you can and use the ships weapons to drive the enemy back.

But thats down to the two of you :).

Kaian, don't get my men killed or I'll be very unhappy.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9