Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43

Author Topic: "Why don't women like nice guys?"  (Read 43511 times)

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
DESCAN : WAS TALKING ABOUT YOUR AVATAR. DARKRIDER : YE
« Reply #615 on: December 02, 2012, 11:15:36 pm »

Refer to title.

And now, a song!

Back in the day,
Where the spear held sway
And the donkey's howled at the moon
A man looked at a star,
And he grabbed his guitar
And went fishing with his harpoon

The night was black,
He didn't hold back
He said "Tonight, we shall dine on music"
And when they heard the tunes,
Spilling over the dunes
It was so good, they couldn't refuse it

Rock and roll, rock and roll
Party down at the ring of stone
Get your wench around the henge
Rock and roll until you're whole

MISKO : YOU SOUND LIKE A D&B ARTIST AND BY THAT I MEAN DOBERMAN AND BIRMINGHAM

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: "Why don't women like nice guys?"
« Reply #616 on: December 02, 2012, 11:17:03 pm »

Most absurd derail ever. Well maybe except for that one where misko became president of mars.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: December 02, 2012, 11:18:03 pm »

Most absurd derail ever. Well maybe except for that one where misko became president of mars.
Prime minister to you.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: December 02, 2012, 11:18:22 pm »

I don't understand yet I laugh anyway.

Also, misko27, you will never be able to fill the egomaniacal hole in my heart left by King DZA's absence. No offense.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
THE JOURNEY
« Reply #619 on: December 02, 2012, 11:20:35 pm »

I caught a train yesterday and I DIDN'T STOP BELIEVING

A drunk man had just seen the football. When inquired as to whether his team had won, he mumbled "I don't know."

Alot of people laughed at him but I just realised how wise he was because it made me think that maybe we can't ever know anything.

Here's one for scribblenauts : DELICIOUS GREEN HILARIOUS BABY.

Ogdibus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: December 02, 2012, 11:26:58 pm »

Someone has to stir up the all too comfy consensus :P

I'm sorry, but anything that fights against sexual repression is good in my book. I don't consider that "over victimization" at all, and in fact getting rid of the stigma of being a "slut" is pretty damn important, I'd say.
As for slutwalks... we know there are men out there who are not in control of their cocks, therefore it is only sensible to mitigate possible criminal damage in advance and perhaps dress accordingly.

Imagine if people did a march for the right to walk through black neighborhood with a sign "I hate niggers!" It is our right, after all. Then you get beat up. "How does someone DARE to suggest leaving the sign home?! ME, the VICTIM!"

Now someone's going to jump at me saying "That's not the same! You're such a bigot!"

Yes, it is everyone's right to dress as they please, but it is absurd to do protests when you refused to mitigate damage and a police officer says a wrong word at a wrong time.

By that logic, you shouldn't be posting here.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
YOU HAVE GAINED 52 RESEARCH POINTS
« Reply #621 on: December 02, 2012, 11:33:48 pm »

YOU CAN NOW DISCOVER BABY BLUE CURTAINS IS THIS GOOD Y/N?

I'm off to therapy BED SLEEP MATRESS SEDATE now so I want everyone to be nice to each other, or more POINTLESS, RANDOM SHIT will be thrown out of my bungalow. And I really loved that old trestle table! *sigh*

Don't make me throw my Steve McQueen Action Figure!

I love that.

dei

• Bay Watcher
  • Someone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: December 03, 2012, 12:23:29 am »

I'm off to therapy BED SLEEP MATRESS SEDATE now so I want everyone to be nice to each other, or more POINTLESS, RANDOM SHIT will be thrown out of my bungalow. And I really loved that old trestle table! *sigh*

I love that.
Jesus tittyfucking Christ on a pogo stick in the Vatican wearing three hundred parakeets and a swimsuit while lathering himself in barbecue sauce. I wanted to make an on-topic comment but apparently this thread has derailed.

Saged, hidden, filtered, reported, called the cops.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: December 03, 2012, 12:25:30 am »

I love that.
Jesus tittyfucking Christ on a pogo stick in the Vatican wearing three hundred parakeets and a swimsuit while lathering himself in barbecue sauce. I wanted to make an on-topic comment but apparently this thread has derailed.

Saged, hidden, filtered, reported, called the cops.
Calm, down. This is a far better direction from the ban-worthyness of the other de-rail.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Forums User Meat Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • meet whiz
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: December 03, 2012, 12:56:46 am »

As for slutwalks... we know there are men out there who are not in control of their cocks, therefore it is only sensible to mitigate possible criminal damage in advance and perhaps dress accordingly.

This is literally a 'well if they didn't want to get raped, they shouldn't have dressed like that!' arguement. The fault of rapes lies in the rapist, not in the person being raped. That is an absolutely, undefendable, unequivocally horrible point of view and congratulations on offending every victim of sexual assault ever by telling them it's all their fault.

Holy shit.

If you think that it's ok that 'some guys just can't help themselves!' then you are a big part of the problem.

Imagine if people did a march for the right to walk through black neighborhood with a sign "I hate niggers!" It is our right, after all. Then you get beat up. "How does someone DARE to suggest leaving the sign home?! ME, the VICTIM!"

Now someone's going to jump at me saying "That's not the same! You're such a bigot!"

That's not the same, and yeah, you are a bigot. Open hate speech without expecting people you're preaching hate against to retaliate is nowhere close to being the same as dressing however you want and expecting not to be sexually assaulted.

You're on a roll of awful today, man.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 01:04:32 am by Forums User Meat Wizard »

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: December 03, 2012, 01:03:12 am »

Safety and self-defense arguments would be okay if it weren't for the fact that more people seem to say "here's what to do to not get raped" rather than "here's what you do to not rape someone", not to mention that most of the advice is both hideously obvious/condescending and/or excessively paranoid, amounting to telling women to think about the potential of being sexually assaulted every time they leave the house, and to dress accordingly.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: December 03, 2012, 01:04:12 am »

G-Flex, you seem to think that rapists aren't, in general, either unbalanced or stupid. You can't just say "don't rape".

The blame is entirely on the rapist, but it's not so simple to discourage it.

Forums User Meat Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • meet whiz
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: December 03, 2012, 01:06:49 am »

G-Flex, you seem to think that rapists aren't, in general, either unbalanced or stupid. You can't just say "don't rape".

The blame is entirely on the rapist, but it's not so simple to discourage it.

It's not so simple but it's a huge positive shift to not put the onus on not being raped on the potential rapist rather than the potential victim. Women everywhere are taught how to avoid being raped but that doesn't avoid the problem that men aren't taught enough that it's not ok to slutshame and seuxally assault women.

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: December 03, 2012, 01:09:18 am »

Of course it's not simple. It's also not simple to say "don't get raped", especially since not all sexual assaults (in fact, probably not many of them) are done by strangers in alleys in the first place who can be discouraged by something as silly as dressing modestly.

It's not simple to discourage rape, but you can still do it. You can discourage the kind of culture that promotes it. You can acknowledge that men aren't savage animals who are totally out-of-control, or that "unbalanced" or "stupid" people can't be helped in some way to not make horrible mistakes or do horrible things. You can encourage people to not have terrible attitudes toward women, or toward sex. These are very possible things, that would be helpful in a very broad sense, and would be much more productive than telling women to stop dressing how they want in public.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: December 03, 2012, 01:11:06 am »

Oh, that part. Right. Yeah, fuck the media's version of men. Slut-shaming, that "a man is not a virgin" trope, etc.
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43