Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 44

Author Topic: BYOR 11 - Day 6: Game Over. Mafia Wins  (Read 104857 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 11 - Day 1: Flavorless
« Reply #150 on: November 22, 2012, 03:22:11 pm »

Unvote Tylui.  Fair enough.

Mr. Celt:
MrCelt: Why haven't you designed your own questions to others, other than asking what RVS is? Are you going to keep quiet this early?
I'd like to point out that the people I have asked have been as inactive as myself.
I'm trying as hard as I can to keep up, but I'm very new to the RVS, Trust me, I'm trying as hard as I can to keep up.

The activity of others is pretty irrelevant to your activity or lack thereof, especially at this stage of the game.  Why are you deflecting attention away from your lurking?

UI:
I'll tell you what I told him: RVS is boring.

What's your preferred alternative?

Book
Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: November 22, 2012, 03:33:42 pm »

PFP

Dariush...

My question please. If it seems you've answered a similar question to mine, then it wouldn't hurt typing a few more letters to answer mine or even acknowledge it.

your statement here feels a bit odd, looking at the posts surrounding it
Wait what. Why are you judging my statements based on posts that surround them?
What sorts of differences in reactions would you find interesting?  Is there not a significant difference to be expected by default between reactions to UI's post and your backwards, semi-readable repost of it?  How exactly are Toaster and Shakerag's comments on these posts not reactions?
1) Difference along the lines of '[vote]Dariush[/vote] for that non-post, blahblahblah' without mentioning UI, or vice versa - '[vote]UI[/vote] for that non-post, blahblahblah' without mentioning me.
2) No, there isn't. Both are non-posts. Favoring one with a serious (meaning non-joke) vote without mentioning the other would reveal a biased viewpoint.
3) Shakerag's was an obvious joke. Toaster's was a question regarding my opinion of my contribution.
So you compare your post with UI, and then call out Shakerag as a joke-post without poking him on it?

What constitutes a Mafia 'post' for you?

That it's not related to: RVS is boring.

So when do things not get boring for you, or will you wait for others to question and then jump in yourself?
Things stop getting boring when I start getting actual suspicions. As for why my posts are short, I don't want to clutter up what little I actually have to say with excessive verbiage. Maybe I should? I thought so too, until I realized that I can't be arsed when I'm on vacation and the game's still in RVS.

You could've put the vacation thing as a note.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: November 22, 2012, 04:17:56 pm »

Guessing doesn't count?
Gee that sure is a useful question!  One where you have to actually avoid thinking about it and toss a coin in order for it to not be rolefishing.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: November 23, 2012, 02:56:47 am »

Jack
Hapah: Why haven't you posted yet?
How does this constitute a RVS question? Also, why are you asking on the types of RVS questions people 'prefer'?
Tiruin:
*How that is an RVS question: Reaction test-type thing.
*Meta-RVS stuff: I felt like something a bit different than the usual when would you use this ability/what would you do in this situation-type questions.  Getting an idea of how the two people I've never seen before think is of value to me, so I asked them about RVS to get some idea of their knowledge of RVS and, in Deathsword's case, how he thinks in-game.

your statement here feels a bit odd, looking at the posts surrounding it
Wait what. Why are you judging my statements based on posts that surround them?
Dariush: "Surrounding" was not the best word I could have used, I admit.  A better word would have been "preceding".  To answer your question, context is absolutely necessary to best interpret and judge statements.  Especially statements making reference to other statements or a lack thereof.

What sorts of differences in reactions would you find interesting?  Is there not a significant difference to be expected by default between reactions to UI's post and your backwards, semi-readable repost of it?  How exactly are Toaster and Shakerag's comments on these posts not reactions?
1) Difference along the lines of '[vote]Dariush[/vote] for that non-post, blahblahblah' without mentioning UI, or vice versa - '[vote]UI[/vote] for that non-post, blahblahblah' without mentioning me.
2) No, there isn't. Both are non-posts. Favoring one with a serious (meaning non-joke) vote without mentioning the other would reveal a biased viewpoint.
3) Shakerag's was an obvious joke. Toaster's was a question regarding my opinion of my contribution.
1. D'accord.
2. Ah, so by reactions, you definitely mean something as strong as voting.  What about reactions of less strength than votes?  Stuff like comments and such?
3. They're reactions to your post and Urist's post.  They're not the strong reactions you're looking for, but they are reactions.
Overall, what I'm noticing here is that you've gone with a much more extreme interpretation of "reaction" here than what I generally think of, which shows in all of your responses to my questions, and has mostly cleared up what I found questionable.

Mr. Celt: Alright.  Now that people are leaving RVS and people are throwing their thoughts on actual matters of importance around, please give us your thoughts on, well...anything going on in the game right now.  Also, how many games of Mafia have you played in Bay 12 before?
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: November 23, 2012, 10:57:23 am »

MrCelt:
Is that why you chose to question them?

Actually, they both appeared to be active when I asked them.
...Did you really just directly contradict your earlier statement that you asked them for the directly opposite reason (that they are inactive)? Why are you summoning up excuses?

Tiruin:
Why do you think Shakerag's questions are that different from yours? Anyone could just say that 'oh I'm looking for reactions to my posts' as an excuse for not giving...well, food for thought, to use a literary device. What kind of reaction were you looking for other than "Wow look at that, posting words backwards," and the inevitable question for you on why you did that?
Missed this question, sorry.

I think so because no possible answer or reaction to Shake's question can reveal anything useful.

I wouldn't call that question 'inevitable', in no small part because it wasn't asked. I mentioned what kind of reaction I was looking for in my previous post: basically, anything that accuses only one of me and UI of making non-posts.
So you compare your post with UI, and then call out Shakerag as a joke-post without poking him on it?
Actually, I said that only Shakerag's question to UI was an obvious joke. I don't 'call out' him on it because I, frankly, don't care about joke posts during RVS.
What constitutes a Mafia 'post' for you?
Any post that isn't a PFP, jokes during RVS, activelurkpost, promise to deliver content later and so on. Basically, anything that isn't productive.

Jack:
2. Ah, so by reactions, you definitely mean something as strong as voting.  What about reactions of less strength than votes?  Stuff like comments and such?
It depends. All comments are different. Something like 'Dariush! !ti tsol uoY !emag ehT' wouldn't qualify, while pretty much anything that the person then will be able to tack onto the end of their case against me would. Yes, now that I think about it, there aren't many things short of vote that I would qualify as a reaction. I guess I didn't think this through.

MrCelt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: November 23, 2012, 11:12:42 am »

...Did you really just directly contradict your earlier statement that you asked them for the directly opposite reason (that they are inactive)? Why are you summoning up excuses?

They were active when I questioned them, fairly inactive when I answered the question - Please reread that. Shakerag still is yet to reply, also.

And to all of the general questions saying I suck, this is my first RVS, and still have no clue how to play.
♫♪ Hitler has only got one ball ♪♫
♫♪ Göring has two but very small, ♪♫
♫♪ Himmler is somewhat sim'lar, ♪♫
♫♪ But poor Goebbels has no balls at all. ♪♫

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: November 23, 2012, 02:01:22 pm »

Toaster:
UI:
I'll tell you what I told him: RVS is boring.

What's your preferred alternative?
I don't really have one. Normally I just deal with it and do more important things, but I don't have any of those at the moment.

Tiruin: I didn't think of it. Thanksgiving week here in the states is basically synonymous with visiting relatives.

Also unvote now that you're posting.

ToonyMan:
There's this habit of acting chummy with your scum partner (or possibly not scum partner to throw us off, but that doesn't change your alignment) with others when you're scum.  Especially in the opening of the first day.
So randomvoting him is acting chummy? I don't buy it.

Also, as Hapah pointed out, you liken yourself to Dariush as an asshole, while he is a shitlord.  A fitting pair, wouldn't you say?
I strive for consistency in my profanity.

Jack:
Jack
Hapah: Why haven't you posted yet?
How does this constitute a RVS question? Also, why are you asking on the types of RVS questions people 'prefer'?
Tiruin:
*How that is an RVS question: Reaction test-type thing.
What reactions were you looking for?

MrCelt: Why are you ignoring Toaster?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: November 23, 2012, 02:25:10 pm »

They were active when I questioned them
Then why bring this up?
MrCelt: Why haven't you designed your own questions to others, other than asking what RVS is? Are you going to keep quiet this early?
I'd like to point out that the people I have asked have been as inactive as myself.
Were you just trying to shift attention away from yourself by presenting your attacker with other targets who fit their case against you without actually defending yourself?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: November 23, 2012, 04:38:53 pm »

ToonyMan:
There's this habit of acting chummy with your scum partner (or possibly not scum partner to throw us off, but that doesn't change your alignment) with others when you're scum.  Especially in the opening of the first day.
So randomvoting him is acting chummy? I don't buy it.
Do you admit you were joking around then?  Your random vote had no following question of the sort.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: November 23, 2012, 04:44:07 pm »

I was going to keep tunneling on him until I either had a read on him or found something suspicious, but then I realized it was a stupid idea and let it go.

If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: November 23, 2012, 04:58:11 pm »

Hey, that's my favourite mislynching strategy too!  What a coincidence.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: November 23, 2012, 05:05:38 pm »

Hey, that's my favourite mislynching strategy too!  What a coincidence.
Even the part where you stop tunneling if you see something suspicious from someone else?

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: November 23, 2012, 05:11:28 pm »

If someone realises I'm doing it then sure.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: November 23, 2012, 05:20:40 pm »

And you'd start doing it in the third post of the game?

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: November 23, 2012, 05:27:56 pm »

It's never too early to set up a mislynch on Dariush.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 44