Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 44

Author Topic: BYOR 11 - Day 6: Game Over. Mafia Wins  (Read 104834 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 11 - Day 1: Flavorless
« Reply #120 on: November 21, 2012, 02:19:37 pm »

You appear to be confused, Toony.
Unconfuse me.

ToonyMan: Say you are a town vig, with a nightly (not one-shot) kill; if you didn't have a strong scum read on anyone by day end, would you hold your kill, shoot from the hip based on a hunch, or target a lurker?
Shoot by the hip, that usually works.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 21, 2012, 02:24:48 pm »

Jack:
Deathsword: Don't know you.  What's your favourite RVS question and why?
Usually questions related to choosing roles or when the person I'm asking would use an ability. See the one I'll ask Hapah. As to the why, I use it to try to understand how another player thinks.

Hapah: If you had a one-shot randomization, when would you choose to use it?

Shakerag:Do you think there will be a "theme" to abilities in this BYOR, like the ressurrections in the last one?

Book:
Deathsword: When would you advocate for a mass claim and under which circumstances?
I'd usually support a mass claim during either MYLO or LYLO, since there is little room for error in such situations. By doing a mass claim, night actions can be pieced together, and used to find out who is lying.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 21, 2012, 02:38:12 pm »

Book:  Nope.  Would have claimed it first post if I was.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 11 - Sign-Ups [FULL!]
« Reply #123 on: November 21, 2012, 02:44:45 pm »

Do you feel like you made a solid and useful contribution to RVS?  Was it more useful than, say, this post?
Yep, verily. One simple reason - Shakerag's questions are plentiful, but serve no purpose whatsoever. He'll wear down his keyboard keys a bit, waste a bit of time, then the same will be done by the people whom he addressed and the matter will be forgotten. My response, however, serves a different purpose - I was watching how people would react to my post, and specifically the difference between their reaction to my post and UI's. This would have given me insight... had anybody actually reacted. Oh well.

PFP

You'd think an asshole and a shitlord would get along great.
Why did you waste a PFP on this?

MrCelt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 21, 2012, 03:36:58 pm »

MrCelt:  I haven't played with you before.  Have you read any old BYORs here?
Not yet, or atleast in full. I have skimmed through BYOR 10, though, I'll get to reading them now.
MrCelt: Don't know you either.  At what point would you consider RVS to be over?
I am not really experienced in RVS... When the first person is lynched, maybe?

Shakerag: You appear to be experienced in RVS, why not describe, as if you were talking to a newbie, how it should be played.

Dariush, I'd like to forward this question to you, also.
♫♪ Hitler has only got one ball ♪♫
♫♪ Göring has two but very small, ♪♫
♫♪ Himmler is somewhat sim'lar, ♪♫
♫♪ But poor Goebbels has no balls at all. ♪♫

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: November 21, 2012, 03:39:58 pm »

Toaster:
Tylui:  Welcome back!  What have you learned about Mafia in your absense?
This game has taught me more about real life than what I've learned about it. I really doubt I'm going to be that wonderful of a player, but I'm going to try damnit!

Seriously though, information can be gleaned from just about anything someone says(types), so long as you have a lock on their train of thought. I played more around a campfire, so the length of pause before an answer and facial expressions during that pause really helped. That doesn't really work online since it's difficult (on the surface) to tell who's lurking and who's not able to post.

... The first sentence of that last paragraph was the answer. I'm a rambler yay~

Dariush:
So far, I'd say Dariush and Urist seem most scummy to me, though perhaps not on the same team. They are both posting often but not a lot of substance. For example:
.did uoy tahw wonk uoY .hsuiraD
What purpose could this serve? He says: "I was watching how people would react to my post". Did you really expect someone to respond to a difficult-to-read, backwards copypasta of an earlier post with the red in a different place? Also, you imply that Shakerag's RVS questions serve NO purpose, and yet the only question you've asked all game is "Why did you waste a PFP on this?". Doesn't really seem like an RQS question.

(Just as an aside here, I'm not familiar with "PFP". Little help? :O)

Leafsnail, Deathsword, MrCelt, and Bookthras:
I've never seen you on Bay12 at all, I don't think, though I don't lurk as often as I used to. When did you join the forums and why?
« Last Edit: November 21, 2012, 03:41:35 pm by Tylui »

MrCelt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: November 21, 2012, 03:43:52 pm »

Tylui - I originally joined to play modieval/medieval, as I'm a veteran of that game, and have played it ever since it was on the runescape forums.
♫♪ Hitler has only got one ball ♪♫
♫♪ Göring has two but very small, ♪♫
♫♪ Himmler is somewhat sim'lar, ♪♫
♫♪ But poor Goebbels has no balls at all. ♪♫

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 21, 2012, 03:47:49 pm »

Tylui: I joined B12 about two years ago, but only this year did I migrate from the upper boards to the lower ones.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 21, 2012, 03:56:27 pm »

PFP means Posting from Phone or Posting from Profession.

Also,
Quote from: Tylui
« Last Edit: Today at 03:41:35 pm by Tylui »

Editing posts is a big no-no.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 21, 2012, 05:23:07 pm »

Editing posts is a big no-no.

oops I didn't even think about it! I didn't change anything significant, just a format edit. I'll use preview from now on. Sorry :O

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: November 21, 2012, 06:23:21 pm »

Sorry boys and girls, I won't be around until Saturday. Have a good Thanksgiving!
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: November 21, 2012, 06:51:56 pm »

Generally, whoever looks scummiest in the first 24 hours.  [humor]Alternatively, you, just so I can comment that "the king has left the building".[/humor]
Cute.  Let's say you don't have any scumminess to go on and it just comes down to what player you least want around.

Leafsnail: Say you are scum and your buddy is leading in votes for the lynch; you can vote someone else to tie the vote. Do you tie the vote for a nolynch, vote your buddy to secure a bus, or let him die while trying to stay under the radar by doing neither?
In a role heavy game I'd save them to help maintain a buffer against PR randomness.  In a role light game I will judge whether they'd be scummy enough for me to vote as town and then act accordingly.

Leafsnail, Deathsword, MrCelt, and Bookthras:
I've never seen you on Bay12 at all, I don't think, though I don't lurk as often as I used to. When did you join the forums and why?
Seriously??  I joined on 2009-04-18 to ask some dumb question about DF.

Shakerag:Do you think there will be a "theme" to abilities in this BYOR, like the ressurrections in the last one?
rolefishing

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: November 21, 2012, 08:28:27 pm »

Toony:
You appear to be confused, Toony.
Unconfuse me.
I am not scum.

Tylui:
They are both posting often but not a lot of substance.
RVS is boring. That's all there really is to say on the matter.

Tiruin: Where's that post you promised?

Toaster:
Shitlord is a pretty awesome word.
You can thank pokecapn's Mario Party LP for introducing me to it.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: November 21, 2012, 10:42:32 pm »

MrCelt: Don't know you either.  At what point would you consider RVS to be over?
I am not really experienced in RVS... When the first person is lynched, maybe?
MrCelt: Ah, definitely a newbie.  Alright, by the time someone is lynched, any given game had better be out of the RVS stage.  I generally consider RVS to either be in its death throes or outright over when people are beginning to vote based on things they perceive as scummy.  By that point, evidence is piling up to be used, and random voting is rather silly.

Toaster: Which mafia game have you been in and/or read that had your favorite setup?  Why is it your favorite?

Urist Imiknorris: Why are you trying to bus your scumbuddy so early?

Tiruin: What kind of RVS question would you like to receive?

Hapah: What kind of RVS question would you not like to receive?
Shakerag: Wow, your RVS questions really remind me of another player's... Did you, by chance, base them on mine?

Dariush:
So far, I'd say Dariush and Urist seem most scummy to me, though perhaps not on the same team. They are both posting often but not a lot of substance.
Tylui: As compared to the average RVS-stage posting habits of the average player?

I was watching how people would react to my post, and specifically the difference between their reaction to my post and UI's. This would have given me insight... had anybody actually reacted. Oh well.
Unvote, vote Dariush: Few things I want you to clear up for me, on this (your statement here feels a bit odd, looking at the posts surrounding it): How so?  What sorts of differences in reactions would you find interesting?  Is there not a significant difference to be expected by default between reactions to UI's post and your backwards, semi-readable repost of it?  How exactly are Toaster and Shakerag's comments on these posts not reactions?
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 11 - Sign-Ups [FULL!]
« Reply #134 on: November 22, 2012, 12:12:47 am »

Vote Count
------------------------
Toaster -
Urist Imiknorris - Dariush, Shakerag, ToonyMan,
Tiruin - Urist Imiknorris,
Hapah -
Dariush - Tylui, Jack A T,
Tylui - Toaster,
Leafsnail -
Bookthras -
Deathsword - Bookthras,
Shakerag - Leafsnail, Deathsword,
MrCelt -
Jack A T -
ToonyMan -
No Lynch -

Not Voting - Tiruin, Hapah, MrCelt,

7 To Hammer. Day Ends Monday 9 PM Central.

Might have missed a vote or something. Not sure, but here's a new vote count!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 44