Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which faction do you like the most?

The Loyalists (Led by Pan)
The Revolutionaries (Led by Grimnir)
The Radicals (Led by Brewster)

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 35

Author Topic: [Succession Game] Hammerscar - Politics, rebellion and war.  (Read 49708 times)

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [Succession Game] Hammerscar - Politics, rebellion and war.
« Reply #165 on: November 29, 2012, 01:09:29 pm »

OOC: Wow, I'm so unfamiliar with Ironhand I don't recognize half the stuff I see  :P

Tirion's Personal Log

Entry 14

Pan's reign began, promising future for all residents. Brewer's influence detectable, as expected. Good ideas from him so far, actually, archer towers best way to use dwarf-powered defence with war economy based on our resources. Copper, silver plentiful, more than enough for bolts, copper also superior for shields, armor low priority for marksdwarves hiding behind fortifications.
Building main tower in middle of controlled territory: challenging. Pan keeps complaining about nightmares of goblin ambushes, could have prophetic powers. Recommend to dig subterrean tunnel from fortress to location, up to surface where 3x3 tower stairway will be, move Blackdiamonds and Gavakis's squad to location, have miners quickly channel 2 levels deep moat around designated tower location. Moat impossible to cross and leave, tunnel to move back miners inside fort, seal later. Tower walls can be built from inside, relative safety, only threat fliers and bowgoblins. Blackdiamonds stationed within tower area should be sufficient to deal with threats, well-protected by moat.

Also designed Hall of Speakers, added secret tunnel for meeting with Pan, Grimnir, right under Blackdiamonds nose. Not difficult!
Statue garden started, recommend it to be above ground, but roofed over to protect against rain, projectiles.

Caverns discovered. Good, source of wood, food, maybe even blood of earth, need to explore, secure with walls! Should start plump helmet plantation, in caverns or in shallow soil. Gather plants for pig tail, shear sheeps, gather webs, cloth starting to be scarce. Stick to secured area, caverns rumored to be dangerous, surface getting risky too. Should be self-sufficient within walls.
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

shali8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: November 29, 2012, 05:04:25 pm »

To my dearest father and mother,

I have arrived in the settlement of Hammerscar safely. I hope that puts your worries at ease, mother. But I doubt it will, since I'm mining in the depths of a virgin mountain. Father, you will not believe the life in the stone here. It is so unlike the Mountainhome mines. Soon after I arrived, an underground cavern was pierced by my own hand. The air was fresher than any other cavern air I have ever tasted. The depleted mines of the Mountainhomes only serve to make the rich metal deposits more appealing. These traits make my job more dangerous however. The cavern is filled with hostile creatures and long forgotten beasts, as well as the threat of undrained magma pools. In any regard, the unadultered stone here inspire me to engrave a masterpiece. It is my ambition to become a great artist here.
     I believe there is some sort of power struggle here; made complete with a puppet overseer. I fear soon outright fighting will be upon us denizens of Hammerscar. I have attempted to be as intimidating as possible when around other dwarves; just as you taught me, father. It isn't needed often, for I'm mining more than I'm not. Perhaps I will not have to choose a said in this political maneuvering. You know how little I care for polticians and politics in general. I hope the best for you both, and I will do my best to bring honor to our family.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                     Your Son,
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                Artimaus

« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 04:46:23 pm by shali8 »
If the majority is insane, the sane must will go to the hospital - Horace Mann Urist McDoctordwarf

The neurotic builds castles in the sky. The psychotic lives in them. The psychiatrist collects the rent - Anonymous

BronzeAge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: November 29, 2012, 09:19:58 pm »

Found scrawled on the bottom of a -birchen bed- with an obviously forged signature.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
OOC: Expect the dwarf to flip between child-like love and total sociopathy, since I’m halfway through the Catcher in the Rye. Also, train him/her up as some kind of engineer; the red flashes are a good enough sign of his/her mental health. Right now he/she is just trying to start some gossip.

Slothman400

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: November 29, 2012, 09:45:18 pm »

I don't know what everyone is so worried about. There is good drink, decent food and the respect that comes with being a marksdwarf. Those pansy nobles wont do anything. How can they? We're armed and trained. They may be paranoid, but the blackdiamond has been good to me. If this thing really comes to a head, I'll stand by my brothers.

-Sloth
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug!

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
  • !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! Come smell the ashes
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: November 29, 2012, 09:47:14 pm »

I would love to take a turn if the fort ever survives to year 14 or what ever it will be.
The weredwarf Urist McUrist has come! A bearded drunkard twisted into minute form. It is crazed for booze and socks. Its unwashed beard is tangled. It needs alcohol to get through the working day and has gone without a drink for far too long. Now you will know why you fear the mines.

Et tu, Urist

AustralianWinter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: November 30, 2012, 03:19:46 am »

I would love to take a turn if the fort ever survives to year 14 or what ever it will be.

Would you like a dwarf too?
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
  • !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! Come smell the ashes
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: November 30, 2012, 05:14:32 am »

Would you like a dwarf too?
Sure.
Scruffy, profession doesnt matter
The weredwarf Urist McUrist has come! A bearded drunkard twisted into minute form. It is crazed for booze and socks. Its unwashed beard is tangled. It needs alcohol to get through the working day and has gone without a drink for far too long. Now you will know why you fear the mines.

Et tu, Urist

Pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: December 01, 2012, 04:30:22 am »

Big update coming up.

Lt_Alfred

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: December 01, 2012, 11:11:55 am »

Can I get a dwarf?
Name: Alfred
Profession: Swordsman/farmer (if the game has any "dwarf of the legion" caste I would like my dwarf to be that, if there are any old dwarfs of the legion if not then wait till one migrates, my RPing requires my dwarf to be a dwarf of the legion because he"ll be a dwarf that was sent to scout around the settlement and was later ordered to settle in it to deliver some sort of message from the mountain homes to Pan asking why the bowdwarfs killed the humans, he should also act as a guard for Pan's small secret meeting area. I hope you understand what I'm saying I get carried away some times)
Armor: Nothing because in the eyes of the military my dwarf will be just a normal citizen
Skills: Can my dwarf be assigned to a squad so he can train his swordsmanship a little and once it gets to competent o higher kick him out, Also don't treat him as a real soldier, I just want him to look like a hardened dwarf of the legion, having 0 weapon skills doesn't fit

I chose the profession farmer to make my dwarf's "normal" life look legit, please say if my application is accepted.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: December 01, 2012, 11:26:38 am »

Can I get a dwarf?
Name: Alfred
Profession: Swordsman/farmer (if the game has any "dwarf of the legion" caste I would like my dwarf to be that, if there are any old dwarfs of the legion if not then wait till one migrates, my RPing requires my dwarf to be a dwarf of the legion because he"ll be a dwarf that was sent to scout around the settlement and was later ordered to settle in it to deliver some sort of message from the mountain homes to Pan asking why the bowdwarfs killed the humans, he should also act as a guard for Pan's small secret meeting area. I hope you understand what I'm saying I get carried away some times)
Armor: Nothing because in the eyes of the military my dwarf will be just a normal citizen
Skills: Can my dwarf be assigned to a squad so he can train his swordsmanship a little and once it gets to competent o higher kick him out, Also don't treat him as a real soldier, I just want him to look like a hardened dwarf of the legion, having 0 weapon skills doesn't fit

I chose the profession farmer to make my dwarf's "normal" life look legit, please say if my application is accepted.

There are no castes other than male and female among these dwarves.
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Lt_Alfred

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: December 01, 2012, 12:48:29 pm »

Dwarf me as a male then.

Pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: December 01, 2012, 08:23:18 pm »

Hey guys, I got a great mason migrant. He'll be influential and stuff. If anyone wants a rather important role, I could dwarf someone as him.

Scruffy, it'd be nice if you could specify what type of profession. Like, some sort of farmer? Some type of metal worker? The bum who lounges around in the dining room partying with kids?

Lt Alfred, so glad you showed up. Undercover Empire agent, huh? I guess even though Pan burned the Mountainhome letter as a symbolic gesture of siding with Grimnir, the Mountainhomes assumed he would side with the Mountainhome, and sent a soldier along to assist. You'll need to assume I'm working with the Mountainhomes. Although I'm not quite sure just how Grimnir comes into this, since the Mountainhomes will be working against him. Argh! All these factions...

Also, Alfred, the Mountainhomes wouldn't be sending some random roughneck to do something so important. You fine with being a hardened officer of sorts? And since you wish to be in the secret meeting, a farmer just won't do. The passage is in Tirion's room, so I'll make you a mechanic, if that's ok?

I sure am glad to see some people siding with the Blackdiamonds. Glad to have different views, actually. So good.

Anyway, yesterday I got some sort of red eye disease. Good thing the doctor wasn't pinkeye, but it was dry and itched that I slept early instead of doing DF. It's slightly better now, so I'll be doing it now.

Kalemyr Skyfire

• Bay Watcher
  • The Ace of Trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: December 01, 2012, 11:39:05 pm »

The story is great so far; How do you guys plan on carrying out the Revolution?

Also may I take a turn?
Quote from: Confucius
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.

Quote from: Isaac Asimov
People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.

Gavakis

• Bay Watcher
  • some loser meme
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: December 02, 2012, 04:20:31 am »

Would it be okay to name my squad? If so, please name it Chzo's Wraith. But, if no, its completly fine. I dont like being called "Gavakis's squad. " Also, may you please show me a screencap of my dwarf's thoughts?

AustralianWinter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: December 02, 2012, 04:51:00 am »

The story is great so far; How do you guys plan on carrying out the Revolution?

Also may I take a turn?

I have no idea so far - let's look into it at a later point. Also, why yes, yes you may. Would you like the influential mason-dwarf?
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 35