Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 185 186 [187] 188 189 ... 210

Author Topic: Fallout: Equestria (v0.30c) Pinkie Pie is Watching  (Read 500851 times)

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout: Equestria (v0.30c) Pinkie Pie is Watching
« Reply #2790 on: October 04, 2014, 02:32:02 am »

> Power Talismans
I'm not even sure I got one of those, although I think I had MWT forge of something, so maybe. Yep, they're rare. Doesn't the talisman forge make them or something?

> I was thinking along the lines of a ~100 spark batteries, some A4 gems and a U4 gem.
Sounds expensive enough. I think I got to around 70 spare spark batteries, but I wasn't really trying.

I don't like it that the most likely way to get an U4 gem is to grind thousands of rocks. I never stop mining and still nearly run out of rock.
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent at Incompetency.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2791 on: October 04, 2014, 03:06:55 am »

> I don't like it that the most likely way to get an U4 gem is to grind thousands of rocks. I never stop mining and still nearly run out of rock.
Or how about having them being reverse engineered at the MAS research facility, with a high chance of getting all four data hologems needed to produced the prismatic hologem, then having them forgeable at the Talisman Forge from some A4 gems. This way, you will need power talismans to make power talismans.

Oh yeah, and how were the rocket launchers in previous versions implemented and why were they removed?
« Last Edit: October 04, 2014, 04:13:34 am by Snail555 »
I do stuff, I guess

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2792 on: October 04, 2014, 06:04:21 am »

Basically a fire breath attack (and under the name of incindiary rocket launcher.) never saw them in action myself though.

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2793 on: October 04, 2014, 09:03:58 am »

Do you want to know how big creature_pony.txt is? Notepad actually lagged when loading it.
I do stuff, I guess

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2794 on: October 04, 2014, 11:10:39 am »

Oh yeah, and how were the rocket launchers in previous versions implemented and why were they removed?

Presumably they were removed because ponies equipped with them would burn down everything at the drop of a hat.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2795 on: October 04, 2014, 02:50:09 pm »

I think I saw rocket launcher weapons in action in another mod, probably something by Deon or Putman. Yeah, all that crazy stuff like ammo that erupts in fire or an explosion of dust was almost as lethal to your own citizens as it was to enemies, so it didn't make it into this mod (well, except for the super sentinel, mines and "mined" sprite-bots). Although come to think of it, "balefire egg launchers" (dust + fire + irradiation) would make for a !fun! last chance weapon. "OMGZ, my fort is dying to Steel Rangers. I'll draft this mare, give her a launcher and I don't even care about losses at this point, just kill enough for them to leave".
Typical results of using such a WMD before "Godzilla threshold" was either liberal waste of ammo on roaming wildlife or killing your own melee squads that clustered around the enemy. Sometimes even hurting the pony using it, if the enemy was just 2 tiles away.
Anyway, in the mods that used(d) them, WMDs are typically meant for adventure mode where you control them manually which makes for a heck of a difference in friendly fire and ammo conservation.

> Do you want to know how big creature_pony.txt is? Notepad actually lagged when loading it.
I believe it was made with some version of Replica's pony caste script. I pity anyone who attempts to edit it manually. Oh and forget notepad. There's notepad++, notepad2, RJTextEd (that I used to write program for my master's degree), SciTe and many other better text editors. At the very least you want something that can search a file for a token and give you a list of all occurrences. You might also find regexp substitution useful.
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Dropbox referral

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2796 on: October 05, 2014, 02:53:21 am »

> I pity anyone who attempts to edit it manually. Oh and forget notepad. There's notepad++, notepad2, RJTextEd (that I used to write program for my master's degree), SciTe and many other better text editors.
I just had to read this after spending my afternoon editing creature_pony.txt

Also, "[PREFSTRING:enticing hindquarters]", is this really a mainstay in every pony mod?
I do stuff, I guess

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2797 on: October 05, 2014, 06:37:02 am »

> "[PREFSTRING:enticing hindquarters]", is this really a mainstay in every pony mod?
Well, it is a funny joke.
On mining Organics
Dropbox referral

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2798 on: October 05, 2014, 09:35:32 am »

Do you want to know how bad a modder I am? Look at this errorlog.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I do stuff, I guess

Destyvirago

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2799 on: October 05, 2014, 05:56:38 pm »

I think you are doing a great job. The errors are expected as there are some notable changes in DF 40.xx. especially related to speed and thoughts, and not surprisingly most of your errors come from there. Some suggestions; for the speed/gait part, try to copy it from the current DF 40.xx raws for ponies and tweak as needed. For the thoughts part try to copy from the current dwarfs and change to be more pony like such as more CHEERFULNESS, SYMPATHY and less ANGER(Griffons should have more than average anger though). Also less MODESTY would be nice so the ponies don't feel the need to wear a lot of clothes or get bad thoughts from it.

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2800 on: October 05, 2014, 06:33:19 pm »

> What Destyvirago said.
Truth be told, that was the first errorlog I got. There are a lot of simple mistakes in there duplicated because copy/paste. I will post another one once I have sorted these out.
I do stuff, I guess

TsiOriol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Zombie Survival game [In working]
« Reply #2801 on: October 05, 2014, 09:38:54 pm »

Looking forward to the next version I get to see snail.  I'm hooked on the version that is out now, so keep up the awesome work.   Dang my coming scheduled that will keep me from Dwarf fortress for a while! TT_TT
Mongols: Hey guys, we are here now. We will just be over here doing our thing, and you can do whatever you all like.

Russian City-States: f you mongols

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2802 on: October 06, 2014, 12:04:24 am »

> Looking forward to the next version I get to see snail.  I'm hooked on the version that is out now, so keep up the awesome work.
Hehe thanks.

> Dang my coming scheduled that will keep me from Dwarf fortress for a while! TT_TT
You won't be missing much, we still need to wait for DFHack to update.

Here's another errorlog after a morning of half-modding half-bio-revision. Gonna continue after lunch or postpone it, depends on a 2d20 roll.

Anyways, just recording down here a few things I plan to do after updating the raws. Cybernetics. Performance propagation via sprite-bot/pip-buck. Rifle turrets. Ranged weapon rebalancing. Rough glass recycling.
Reading past posts reveal Lycaeon talks a lot about the crop overhaul. Which incidentally is with drugs and cybernetics. If I remember  correctly, it involves baguette swords and other stuff. Any suggestions?
« Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 02:12:13 am by Snail555 »
I do stuff, I guess

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2803 on: October 06, 2014, 02:58:25 am »

Last errorlog for today, just consists of obsolete personality tokens, don't feel like finding replacements.

Just started a .40 playtest, you have gotta be kidding me, the number of logs a tree produces.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 04:30:54 am by Snail555 »
I do stuff, I guess

Destyvirago

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2804 on: October 06, 2014, 12:10:15 pm »

If you look at the DF wiki you can get some information about the personality traits there and what the values mean: http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Personality_trait

Now that the Toady one is changing the personality system, this will probably change in the near future. However this will probably allow for better tuning of the personality of the Ponies.

Pages: 1 ... 185 186 [187] 188 189 ... 210