Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: RtSWYCGYDPPHO  (Read 6814 times)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: RtSWYCGYDPPHO
« Reply #30 on: November 04, 2012, 11:07:40 am »

((Oops. Waiting on Greenstar. :-[ Didn't mean to press post...

Also, GUNINANRUNIN, you should maybe describe Gom to me. Right now I'm picturing him as this freakish, albino ghoul with a tiny nose, sunken beady eyes and no hair apart from his one incredibly shaggy forearm. ...Unless of course that's what he actually looks like! ;D))
((That sounds about right!  ;D))

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 04, 2012, 06:06:53 pm »

Episode One: Turn One!

Get inside, head for the jewelry first. Then look for portable electronics.
"The best of luck to you."

Dennis is the first to foul the house's pristine doorstep with his disheveled presence, glancing furtively about before reaching to try the handle. [3] Locked. Damn. And then you are suddenly kicked in the groin from behind and propelled fowards, breaking down the door as you tumble over into an average-looking living room and [groin trauma roll=3] curl up and clutch your jewels. Owie.
At least it doesn't look like there's anyone inside...

Injury gained: Moderate groin trauma!

Charge towards the house. Use my trash can lid (TCL :D) as a shield and dive through the nearest window.

The ghastly figure that is Gom wastes no time, shambling at full-tilt towards one of the front windows of the house, trash can lid held before him like some kind of demented bodyboarder. [1] Ka-ponggg! Unfortunately, said lid isn't see-through, and the cannibal simply runs smack into the wall instead, scraping off a bunch of blue paint and ending up sprawled on the footpath, still clutching his "TCL" with a faintly confused expression.

"Shuwasaplah Grasasplurt!"

Steal flowers from flower garden. All of them. Knock on door and present them to whoever answers. While they're distracted, kick them in the nuts or whatever they have in that area. If they are not subdued, strangulate with piano string.

Grasasplurt shouts something that sounds vaguely referential, sending a spray of saliva through the morning air, and shuffles over to the garden. [2] He grabs the first flower in one fist and pulls. Hrgh. It won't come out! What kindof flowers are these, anyway?
[3] He manages to pluck a few small white flowers off a nearby bush to one side of the yard, instead. They don't exactly have long stalks, so he just sorta walks up to the front of the house, shoves a fistful of crushed flowers and leaves towards the back of the guy on the doorstep, and then swings a foot at their crotch.
[3] vs [1] His wild kick thuds home, sending his defenceless victim smacking fowards into the door, [4] stumbling straight through it as the bit of wood holding the lock in place simply splinters apart! Well, that worked. Kinda.

((GSF has a nice sheet. Also, he needs to answer my questions. :P))

"This is madness."

Find the circuit box and get it in that van. Use wrench in helping. If possible, look for any security system being used.

If asked, say I am one of the electricians for monthly check-ups.

D'nagirb heads around to the side of the house, clutching his(?) wrench in a tight grip and looking for a circuit box.
[4] He finds it pretty quickly, yanking it open with one twitchy hand to peer inside. [1] His green eyes widen as he sees all the fuses and wires inside, all such pretty colours, all right there for him to touch, to play with! Letting the wrench drop from his fingers, D'nagirb shoves both hands into the box with glee, yanking things out and switching them around and plugging them in an-- Bzzzrrrtkk! Receiving a [3] largeish electric shock when sends him spasming wildly in pain before collapsing back onto the soft lawn, one leg still twitching as he stares with shock at the sky.

Injury gained: Electric shock!

"Imma get me a neeeeew sooooul train! RAVBOOGLE!"

Head to the back door, then into the kitchen, looking for car keys

Squeeach tromps around back and [3] bashes the door down with his shoulder after a few goes, stumbling inside with a loud crash.
He gets up and glances around. Huh. This looks like the kitchen. That's convenient.
He immediately begins a search for car keys, [2] rummaging madly about, shoving crockery and jars of various stuff aside in his search, spilling a pot of cold spaghetti onto the floor and shoving the fridge out of place. No car keys here that he can see... That food smells pretty nice, though. SqueeAch's stomach rumbles, and he hears sniffing from inside his jacket. Must be his dog is hungry, too.

((Sorry. I was sleeping. And Tiruin, that was one of MY jokes. You see, we're opposites. I get most of everyone's jokes, and nobody seems to get my jokes. The Mythos sin't specified. Norse just sounds funny.))

Climb to a roof and start stealing the chimney!

"Look guys! Ahm Santy Claus!"

George rushes over to one side of the house, grinning to himself with an idea.
[4] He hops unsteadily up onto a garbage bin, sticks a foot across onto a window sill and somehow, with much grunting and difficulty, manages to reach the roof. [3] Yep, this is the right roof, but there ain't a chimney. The closest thing is a skylight and a few solar panels. Lame. "B-but... Santy Claus?" George looks like a sad hobo. Aw.

Quote from: Joe
>Get some good shots of the front of that there house!

[5] Joe, peering through the viewfinder with the occasional glance up to work out different shots, handles the camera like a pro!
He drops to a crouch and gets a good action shot of Gom bouncing off the wall, then a close-up of Dennis being kicked in the balls! The audience loves that shit!
He also films D'nagird twitching like a spaz on the lawn, then starts to march up to the front door.

Security roll: [2] Luckily for you lot, there don't seem to be any alarms going off after that entrance!
Commotion roll: [3] A few neighbours have probably heard the crashing, though... And it's entirely possible someone saw Gom's attempt at entry.

>Now, get stealing!

Spoiler: D'nagirb (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Grasasplurt! (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: SqueeAch (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Gom (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: George (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dennis Reed (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: GM Note (click to show/hide)
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 04, 2012, 06:46:29 pm »

((S'okay, man.))
Steal the skylight! And everything inside the house! Specifically the Floor!
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 04, 2012, 06:51:28 pm »

"AWW *@!#&. THAT HURT"
Run for the jewelry. And to protect the family jewelry.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 10:25:35 pm by Spinal_Taper »

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #34 on: November 04, 2012, 10:16:52 pm »

Use TCL as bludgeon and smash one of the windows! Once that is done, use it to clear any shards from the frame so that you can climb through safely, then drop it on the floor just inside so that you don't step on any broken glass. After you've gone inside and avoided the glass, grab my TCL and gather jewellery and valuable trinkets in it!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 04, 2012, 11:18:16 pm »

Electrical shock. Damage to synapses...temporary. Probability of consistent energy discharge - high.

Must. Fix.

"MUST. FIX."

Apply Wrench to Circuitbox in a way as to 'hack' it's valuables from it. Or break it away...

Then stow in van.

If possible, charge the entrance then look around for the paintings to...relocate into the van.

((@GSF: Got it :P))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 05, 2012, 12:30:55 am »

"Bluwaaghaprah! Ahahahah!"

Get inside. Look for something worth stealing! Kick anyone who gets in my way. In the nuts or an acceptable substitute. If the kick doesn't work, make with the string-strangling!
« Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 02:14:46 pm by Harry Baldman »

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 05, 2012, 01:49:33 pm »

SqueeAch found the lack of soul keys to be very anger inducing. "HUNGRY LITTE SHITBAG??!!" he roars to nobody in particular, and abandoning the search for soul keys opts instead to stuff his face then overcoat full of food.

"I am a restocking on mah vittels yall for yonder expedition."

Stuff face with whatever can be found in terms of food, let mah dawg free and commence cramming surplus into my coat.
This is a blank sig.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 06, 2012, 12:25:05 am »

((S'okay, man.))
Steal the skylight! And everything inside the house! Specifically the Floor!

[6] George, with a hobo yell and an impressive display of strength, manages to tear the skylight straight out of the roof! Unfortunately, the added weight sends him toppling though the newly-formed hole, still clutching the thing. Damnit. Santa never has these kinda problems.
[2] His wildly-flailing boots cracking one unsuspecting fellow in the back as he goes, George crashes down on one end of the dining table, splitting it in half with his back. [Ukulele integrity roll: 1] With a loud, sad-yet-slightly comic sound, George's poor, long-serving ukulele bursts beneath him in a small explosion of wood shards, nylon strings and Aloha.
[Will:6] George, lying there amidst the torn table cloth, the wreckage of the chairs, a groaning fellow hobo and, of course, the bits of ukulele, manages to control his grief at the loss of his companion. Indeed, he bottles it up deep within, becoming more and more distant from the world around him.
Injury gained: Moderate back trauma!
Item broken: Ukulele!
-20 empathy points!

"AWW *@!#&. THAT HURT"
Run for the jewelry. And to protect the family jewelry.

Clambering to his feet and yelling expletives at his attacker, Dennis [4] manages to run, clutching his groin, to the nearest closed door, [6] charging straight through it and finding himself... At the top of a flight of basement stairs. Oh dear.
[4] He manages to halt his wild momentum just in time. The wooden stairs lead down into darkness. What could be down there? Unimaginable riches, or unthinkable terrors...? Judging by the shouts and crashing noises from behind him, it could hardly be worse than whatever's going on in the living room.

Use TCL as bludgeon and smash one of the windows! Once that is done, use it to clear any shards from the frame so that you can climb through safely, then drop it on the floor just inside so that you don't step on any broken glass. After you've gone inside and avoided the glass, grab my TCL and gather jewellery and valuable trinkets in it!

Showing remarkable clear thinking after that embarassing display, Gom [1+1] stands up and bashes at the window with his trash can lid, only to discover it has a mesh security screen protecting it! Bugger. He's going to have to try harder.
He grits his sharp, vicious teeth in a silent snarl, draws back the lid in a two-handed grip, and [3+1] manages to hit the screen with enough force that it decides falling off the window is a prudent course of action!
[3] Gom manages to step back before the screen's counterattack can crush his toes as it crashes noisily to the ground. After that, it's a simple enough matter to get inside using the prescribed method, stepping over the glass and grabbing up his trusty lid before making his way past a glass-sprinkled blue couch over to a nearby table.
[5] Wow! Whoever lives here, one of 'em left their wallet and a pair of trendy-looking sunglasses on the table! Gom loads them into his multi-purpose trash lid.
Looks like there are stairs leading up through a door in one corner of the room, too.

Electrical shock. Damage to synapses...temporary. Probability of consistent energy discharge - high.

Must. Fix.

"MUST. FIX."

Apply Wrench to Circuitbox in a way as to 'hack' it's valuables from it. Or break it away...

Then stow in van.

If possible, charge the entrance then look around for the paintings to...relocate into the van.

((@GSF: Got it :P))

D'nagirb, never much of one for rationality, decides to attack this evil circuit box! How dare it lay its zappy hands on him?!
[4] Surprisingly, smashing it with a wrench doesn't end quite as badly as one would expect. It even spits a few fuses and bits of wiring out onto the lawn in what D'nagirb interprets as a submissive gesture.
Ha! The damn thing's changed its tune now! He gathers up his precious handful of bits and wanders back to toss them into the open van, then heads for the front door, handily broken open by that other guy.

[4] He glances around nervily, clutching his wrench, and spots a canvas covered in what looks like acrylic paint regurgitated by a very sick cat, hanging above a television. He grabs it and carefully carries it back towards the entrance, only for a screaming lunatic to suddenly crash into him! AaugH!
Toppling backwards, clutching desperately to the painting, [television avoidance roll=6] D'nagirb makes an amazing, acrobatic twist to avoid hitting the TV, puncturing the prized canvas over the back of a dining chair instead. Oops. Oh, and then some wild-haired guy falls through the ceiling, punctuating the whole unfortunate even by smashing through the dining table with a bizarre sound like a Hawaiian stringed instrument screaming its last.

Item broken: Abstract painting!

"Bluwaaghaprah! Ahahahah!"

Get inside. Look for something worth stealing! Kick anyone who gets in my way. In the nuts or an acceptable substitute. If the kick doesn't work, make with the string-strangling!

[2] Grasasplurt, letting loose a burst of mad laughter, strides through the door and looks around for shinies. [2] Nothing. Nothing catches his eye. He rummages fruitlessly through the couch cushions for a while, becoming steadily more frustrated, before standing up, shouting "Erkabwah!" and spinning around to [3] vs [1] half-kick, half crash into the guy carrying the painting, sending the both of them stumbling in different directions.
[6] Off-balance, heading towards a dining table, Grasasplurt thinks fast and plants his rag-wrapped hands on its pristine tablecloth, kicking his legs up in a fantastic foward flip, somersaulting once through the air before landing, gracefully, on the other side of the table.
Feeling quite proud of himself, he raises his arms and cries, "Ahbadoongwa! Sna--" Only to be cut off as some guy falls through the roof to land on equal parts him and the table. [2] Poor Grasasplurt, having no chance to avoid such an unexpected attack, is rendered rather flat, the falling man's legs clipping him in the shoulders and sending him face-planting onto the floor.

Injury gained: Shoulder trauma!
Injury gained: Broken nose!

SqueeAch found the lack of soul keys to be very anger inducing. "HUNGRY LITTE SHITBAG??!!" he roars to nobody in particular, and abandoning the search for soul keys opts instead to stuff his face then overcoat full of food.

"I am a restocking on mah vittels yall for yonder expedition."

Stuff face with whatever can be found in terms of food, let mah dawg free and commence cramming surplus into my coat.

Venting his righteous fury towards the celing as he tugged the dog out of his coat, SqueeAch let it drop to the floor before shuffling quickly over to the fridge. "I am a restocking on mah vittels yall for yonder expedition," he says to no-one in particular, voice going abruptly from screaming rage to reasonable explanation.
[4] Ooooh boy, looks like there's a whole chicken in here! Must be what the residents were planning on having for dinner.
Amused by that thought, SqueeAch plunges his arm into the fridge with eyes wide in excitement, tearing a leg off the cold, delicious chicken and cramming it into his mouth, chewing noisily as he reaches back in. [5] Oh, a tub of yoghurt! That'll do well to wash it down. He plucks the now-bare drumstick bone from his jaws and upends the yoghurt, spilling a fair bit down his front and in his beard as he drains the entire tub before flinging it at a wall.
Good stuff! He shoves the rest of the mangled chicken down his jumper, nestling it into the comfortable warmth left by the dog.

Quote from: Joe
>Get some shots of each room of the house.
[2]Joe has second thoughts about marching right on in there with all the madness going on inside. He remains on the doorstep and settles for a few shaky, zoomed-in glances at each room, and then gives up and just films the van and the worried neighbours approaching the house from about the street.

Quote from: Dog
>Eat. Motherfucking. Everything!
[2+1] The derpy, bug-eyed chiahua hits the kitchen floor in an undignified heap and immediately scrambles over to that pool of spilt spaghetti, lapping madly at it, desperately trying to eat it all before someone steals it all.
It's... Kinda tiny, though. This could take a while. The slurping sounds it makes are kinda disconcerting, its expressionless eyes staring at almost opposite corners of the room.

[Neighborhood alert roll: 1] All that crashing, screaming in pain and, of course, the silent alarm hidden in the security screens, has pretty much let the cat out of the bag! The neighborhood is coming alive around the house, curtains twitching, confused voices being raised, and a few neighbours stepping out of their doors and beginning the short walk to see what's going on. Oh dear.
Robert starts the engine just incase, keeping a wary eye on those approaching between glances up at the house.

>Four turns remaining before twenty minutes is up! Keep stealing, people!

Spoiler: GM Note (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 12:29:44 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 06, 2012, 12:29:22 am »

"You are all. Idiots."

Get the TV. Get out of here. Wave nonchalantly to the neighbors as I'm a repairman.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #40 on: November 06, 2012, 08:42:04 am »

Wear the sunglasses, pocket the wallet, smash into the nearest bedroom and STEAL STEAL STEAL!!!! Grab as much jewellery and baubles as I can fit in my pockets and TCL, then pull some drawers out and fill those with more stuff before placing them inside my TCL and rushing out the door and into the hallway!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 06, 2012, 09:30:21 am »

"Auugh! Derfthwlabodfle Grasasplurt!"

Get the person on top of me off me through the clever and sophisticated application of nut-kicking, biting and wet willies if the need should arise! Also, use this tactic on anyone that gets in my way. Then, steal the lamps. STEAL ALL OF THEM. Take them to the van. Use the cheaper ones as weapons if I need to.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 10:23:22 am by Harry Baldman »

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 06, 2012, 09:38:19 am »

"Uhh...I totally can't explain this."

Get up and run around, searching for some nice jewelry to run off with. And any small pets.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 06, 2012, 02:37:35 pm »

With mah glorious vittels I can cross the sea without scurvy.

SqueeAch felt that a man with a full belly was an empowered man. Looking around the kitchen, he didnt recoginse many of the appliances - there was some kind of metal hand warmer, a veiwtube that only showed pictures of vittels, a tube enhanced beard trimmer, a complicated looking metal jug, and some kind of satanic cow container. Whilst they were attached to the house by a lifeforce connector, they were easliy detached from the supply of demons that kept them going. With a yell to Dawg he proceeded to liberate these wonderful items from opression.

FUCKINHELP ME YOU FUCKINGFUCKBAG!

Steal any/all kitchen appliances possible, stashing them in the van before returning for my next move.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 02:39:39 pm by MonkeyHead »
This is a blank sig.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 07, 2012, 11:28:18 am »

"... Better in an unknown and possibly eldritch place than with them."
Carefully proceed down the stairs, look for the lights.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4