Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 21

Author Topic: Disney buys Lucasfilm  (Read 23167 times)

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Disney buys Lucasfilm
« Reply #135 on: October 31, 2012, 08:04:58 am »

Disney villain songs would make the franchise much, much better.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 31, 2012, 08:25:55 am »

Don't get me wrong this has NO STATEMENT on the new Startrek movie and its quality.

But we can all agree that this was clearly the youngest Star Trek crew ever.
Spoiler: Oh yes? (click to show/hide)
;)

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: October 31, 2012, 09:20:30 am »

If they have a musical bit like Captain America had then I'm sold.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #138 on: October 31, 2012, 09:28:18 am »

I just thought of something. Even if the movies they make suck I am glad that Disney got Star Wars. The reason for this is if George Lucas had went and made more movies and they sucked it would be episode 1 all over again but because its now Disney we can just say that the new stuff isn't "really" Star Wars because Georgie boy didn't have full control.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: October 31, 2012, 09:35:29 am »

Hrmph....a small world after all, it is.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Mongol13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The mongols are and were cool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: October 31, 2012, 10:13:33 am »

ActuRedact: Gold Edition
« Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 02:29:04 pm by Mongol13524 »
If Nyquil isn't meant to be abused, then why does it come with a shot glass?

My old account on this forum is klingon13524.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: October 31, 2012, 10:19:49 am »

He was still captain (until he was advised to move aside) and successfully took control of the vessel back (albeit with Riker's subterfuge assisting) and could doubtless have run it well enough given the chance if the circumstances had demanded it...

Aw, go on.  Ruin my joke, why don't ya... ;)

Kilroy the Grand

• Bay Watcher
  • I only want to give you a small kiss
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: October 31, 2012, 10:43:34 am »

He was still captain (until he was advised to move aside) and successfully took control of the vessel back (albeit with Riker's subterfuge assisting) and could doubtless have run it well enough given the chance if the circumstances had demanded it...

Aw, go on.  Ruin my joke, why don't ya... ;)
I don't remember that episode but that kinda looks like wesley, Are you saying wesley would be competent at something? If so, we have a problem.
*pew* *blam* "Aughgghggurglegurgle..." *slither* *slither* *pit* *pat* *tap* *click-click* *BOOM* "Aiiieeegurgle gurgle..."
X-com meets Dwarf Fortress

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm suffering from an acute case of Hominini Terravitae Biologis. Keep your distance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: October 31, 2012, 10:51:45 am »

Wasn't there an entirely child crew in one eposode of voyager? Sure it was aliens, but..

Maybe it was TNG. Meh. It's all blurred together now.

On a unrelated note, I wonder disney's take on the Endor holocost. On one hand, the heroic Jedi side cannot possibly participate in Bioside, on the other, Walle...

I got it, an Ewok Sith out to get revenge for the death of his Planet, who learns to forgive through a pack of zany kids on a rascally adventure.

There you go. Disney film. Nobody dies, and the bad guy turns good in the end.
... if someone dies TOUGH LUCK. YOU SHOULD HAVE PAYED ATTENTION DURING ALL THE DAMNED DODGING DEMONSTRATIONS!

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: October 31, 2012, 11:00:15 am »

That. Would. Be. AWESOME.
Love, scriver~

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: October 31, 2012, 11:03:25 am »

I don't know what Disney films you've been watching, but in mine the bad guy dies. Usually by falling off a cliff.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: October 31, 2012, 11:05:53 am »

I don't know what Disney films you've been watching, but in mine the bad guy dies. Usually by falling off a cliff.
Or they go "away". Or are arrested and put in jails. Or are banished and ignored. Or presumbably die offscreen.

"away".
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: October 31, 2012, 11:18:20 am »

I don't remember that episode but that kinda looks like wesley, Are you saying wesley would be competent at something? If so, we have a problem.
We have no problems.  Aside from being an episode some fans would rather forget, that lad you see there is Captain Picard.

(Rascals, that episode was, in case you want a synopsis to inform/remind you.  I vaguely remember Wesley going all power-mad, but can't tie that down to an actual episode, from memory (there's probably a mental block in place, although he did disable the ship in The Naked Now[1]).  Can't specifically remember the Voyager episode KL mentions, but I could imagine it, if non-Enterprise ships count.  But there's also alien 'children' like... ummm... wossisname... ah yes, "Trelane", a kind of proto-"Q"-like being from The Squire of Gothos in TOS, but he's probably not actually that young, and perhaps Data was not that old when he effectively controls (or holds within his power) the Enterprise in certain episodes.  And then there's Moriarty (Ship In A Bottle), who would not have been more than a few hours old when he could have taken control of the Enterprise (for real), before being fooled into thinking he didn't need to...  Oh, and didn't nanobots quickly replicate and infect the computer core in one early TNG episode?  Let's face it, there's loads of 'young crews' of the Enterprise, if you look hard (and uncritically) enough... ;))

[1] No he didn't, actually, but he caused it to be done.  And then helped give Data the time to undo it.  Annoyingly.

Off-topic yet? ;)

Lee72

• Bay Watcher
  • ranting at the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: October 31, 2012, 01:39:36 pm »

Well it turns out that the star wars brand was able to sink lower.

I dunno, it might be an improvement.

It couldn't of got any worse! Vader was like Fucking Frankenstein at the end of episode 3!

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: October 31, 2012, 01:41:36 pm »

Frankenstein was the scientist, not the one on the table.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 21