Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21]

Author Topic: Disney buys Lucasfilm  (Read 23065 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Disney buys Lucasfilm
« Reply #300 on: May 06, 2013, 06:07:51 pm »

* Aklyon hands some of it to Novel Scoops
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: May 06, 2013, 06:49:54 pm »

* Aklyon hands some of it to Novel Scoops

* Novel Gnomps, gnashes and inhales, musing new nickname and remembering this one for later. Novel takes sour sweets out of coat, considers, barters to next row for sour lollipop to reminisce with and some heavy duty mints. Takes out another packet for company, and promptly resumes inhaling.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2013, 06:52:10 pm by Novel »
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: May 06, 2013, 06:50:48 pm »

You need to learn how to use /me, Novel :|
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: May 06, 2013, 06:53:09 pm »

You need to learn how to use /me, Novel :|

Protect the Emperor!
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

Mongol13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The mongols are and were cool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: May 06, 2013, 09:32:55 pm »

Popcorn and other crunchy treats make horrible movie snacks. You can't hear the movie over the sound of CRUNCH CRUNCH CRUNCH inside your head.

* Mongol13524 gets some ice cream and waits to see what happens.
If Nyquil isn't meant to be abused, then why does it come with a shot glass?

My old account on this forum is klingon13524.

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: May 06, 2013, 10:40:03 pm »

Wat? EA? I don't have anything against EA since I don't buy their costly games, but you hear so much negativity about EA from people that do that it makes me think maybe Disney should have asked around a little more...
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: May 07, 2013, 04:06:43 am »

(Warning: Links to .pdfs)

Good question, really.

They certainly seem to be able to find money, though.

I'm reminded of why I hated working in a corporation so much. All the sycophancy and brushing of problems under the rug is just so pathetic and damning to us.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: May 07, 2013, 04:39:15 am »

(Warning: Links to .pdfs)

Good question, really.

They certainly seem to be able to find money, though.

I'm reminded of why I hated working in a corporation so much. All the sycophancy and brushing of problems under the rug is just so pathetic and damning to us.

Is that because drawing attention to a problem makes it your fault in some way? ???
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: May 08, 2013, 01:50:34 am »

Yes. Management does not want to admit to THEIR management that they've made any mistakes, and they'll make sure their subordinates don't either. In their statements, EA outright blames the critics for the failure of Medal of Honor: Warfighter, which is a bit extreme, but it's really the same everywhere. When I was an intern at a major corporate software company (in marketing), my supervisor gave me some consumer survey results to tally up and present to the VPs of the branch. When I added it together, I found that the survey procedure was fundamentally broken, but still completely atrocious: everybody who used our product hated it, and were upset with our Tech Support and Salespeople. The only high scores we were getting were from people who didn't understand how the survey worked: people rated us a "10" for certain aspects, and then harshly criticized them because they thought "10" was the lowest score possible.

They went ahead with the positive presentation anyway by scrapping the comments and skewing the data to raise the average scores. Instead of things looking relatively dire, it looked like the branch was doing about an average job. When the accountants finished THEIR part of the quarter, the top execs were likely all pretty surprised, but they responded by driving a shovel through R&D instead of the guys who were actually messing things up - since our surveys were showing that people liked the service we provided, but that some sort of external factor was pushing down the market share. Which of course meant the marketers were more important to nabbing that share back.

The bottom line for anybody in a corporation is making sure they keep their job, so if they've made a mistake, they need to deflect it. If EA's top execs seemed like they were doing poorly, they would be replaced by the board of directors. For this reason, it is in their best interest to make it seem like they are operating at 110% capacity even if some outside influence is messing them up. Damn critics.

Stuff like the Stardock guy admitting he messed up on Elemental is pretty rare, but it's the mark of a healthy corporate atmosphere. My company's employees resorted to more illicit affairs once a new CEO showed up and began talking about outsourcing/downsizing. EA has always had problems like this.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: May 08, 2013, 02:26:53 am »

Same with my experience in a corporate environment.  It seems like upper managers and executives in corporations don't know how to be constructive. 

They don't offer rewards for successes or desired behaviors.  If their employees have a problem, they don't try to work out those problems.  If a mistake is made, they don't try to understand why.

When they want something, the only way they try to get it is by ultimatums and threats.  It's always "Do this or be fired.  Period."  Never any other approach.  When a mistake is made, they wait for blame to filter up from their subordinates and then deal out punishment without investigating the matter themselves.

And generally the people who occupy those upper positions on the corporate hierarchy got there through dirty business politics -- successfully avoiding blame, while placing as much as possible on competing co-workers.

And this is why large corporations are always horribly inefficient and produce shitty products.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21]