Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 21

Author Topic: Disney buys Lucasfilm  (Read 23154 times)

Kilroy the Grand

• Bay Watcher
  • I only want to give you a small kiss
    • View Profile
Re: Disney buys Lucasfilm
« Reply #120 on: October 31, 2012, 12:22:49 am »

It sounds like it's going to be after Return of the Jedi. Makes sense. Prequels were flop, ergo sequels.

Justice League of America

Excellent point random internet dude.
I know, that's going to be a MASSIVE turd. If it even gets made.
*pew* *blam* "Aughgghggurglegurgle..." *slither* *slither* *pit* *pat* *tap* *click-click* *BOOM* "Aiiieeegurgle gurgle..."
X-com meets Dwarf Fortress

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 31, 2012, 12:33:33 am »

I can already guess the worst Super hero in JLA... Wonderwoman.

No one at Hollywood can write Wonderwoman for beans.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #122 on: October 31, 2012, 12:44:31 am »

So I think I figured out my view on it now. It helped that I have a webcomic to say it for me though so anyway if you want to check the comic out HERE it is. Its doing that screen caps comic thing of all the movies as if it was a group roleplaying them. Already made it through movies 1, 2, and 3 as well as making Jar Jar Bink's origin easier to understand if you take their view of it Anyway heres a quote of how they are going to respond to it and its my feeling as well except I doubt I will parody it as I will be leaving it up to them.
NEWS: The big news is that Disney has acquired Lucasfilm, and announced production of Star Wars Episode VII, to be released in 2015. We are not kidding. We had to check it wasn't April too.

The good news is: We should be finished with Episode VI around then, and will be able to move smoothly on to parodying Episode VII. If the new movie sucks, we will redeem it. On the other hand, if the new movie is awesome, it will be awesome. You can't lose.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 31, 2012, 12:45:47 am »

Yeah the "No lose scenario" is pretty funny.

If it is terrible then it means we don't get no more movies ever again.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 31, 2012, 03:07:47 am »

Oh god.  Star Wars Holiday Special.  I have the album in my music collection, just for novelty value.  It's the corniest thing ever.

Fun Fact:  It contains Bon Jovi's first ever studio recording.  He was working as a janitor at the studio, which was owned by his uncle, IIRC, and they let him sing on one track.

Edit:  Ok I've read most of the thread now.  Skimmed over some parts.  One thing I haven't seen mention of is this.  Regardless of what effect this will have on LucasArt's various properties, doesn't it bother anyone how fucking incomprehensibly enormous Disney is?  Seriously, it really bothers me.  Media ownership is very consolidated, and this is a pretty major grab by the largest media conglomerate.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 03:43:02 am by SalmonGod »
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: October 31, 2012, 03:31:40 am »

The problem to making a prequel (it gets an e, guys) to the prequels is that it would fuxx up the numbering scheme.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 31, 2012, 06:00:03 am »

I rewatched the original trilogy recently.  I'm pretty sure it's running on 90% nostalgia at this point, it did not age well.  Horrible acting from everyone, dumb jokes, dumb dumb dumb.
Shoes...

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #127 on: October 31, 2012, 07:18:38 am »

I never knew that Disney had Pixar too D: So much stuff owned.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 31, 2012, 07:38:26 am »

I can understand some concern with Disney owning a bit more than any one healthy company should, but the way I see it they have been using Industrial Light and Magic for so many of their major movies that simply acquiring it themselves would just simplify the hassle of hiring them. Lucas probably figured that Lucasarts would be nothing without that and would only sell it as part of Lucasarts in its entirety.

I'm actually hesitant to say this will be as good for Lucasarts as Marvel, as Marvel seems to be used primarily as an IP as opposed to Lucasarts which seems primarily bought for a sub studio. Star Wars seems like an oversuckled teat of an IP. Still, if Disney goes through with it one can reasonably expect it to turn out on the same level as the Marvel movies. Which is pretty exciting.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 31, 2012, 07:50:15 am »

I rewatched the original trilogy recently.  I'm pretty sure it's running on 90% nostalgia at this point, it did not age well.  Horrible acting from everyone, dumb jokes, dumb dumb dumb.

They're definitely movies from another era of filmmaking, they're not written or directed the same way as they would have been today and they are a little jarring.  I honestly kind of like them for the somewhat unpracticed acting and not-exactly-great dialogue, it feels a little more believable that way.

And let's all be perfectly honest, with the unbelievable cash cow that the Clone Wars stuff turned into (since Star Wars' target audience has pretty much always been children), more movies were probably in the cards regardless of who owned the rights.  Besides, can't let Star Trek have all the fun.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 31, 2012, 07:53:26 am »

Watch, as the next Star Wars villain ends up detailing his plot, IN SONG!
Quote from: part of a leaked script for SW7
Darth Whoever:
      For I aaaaaaam,
      A Lord of the Sith!
Various imperial troopers in chorus:
      Yes he is,
      Yes he is,
      He is /not/ just a myth...
DW:
      And I uuuuuuuuuuse,
      The Dark side-of-the Force!
Vitic:
      And he will,
      And he will,
      He will /do/ it of course...
DW:
      And those dooooooooo,
      -gooders will all die!
Vitic:
      They will cry,
      Try to fly,
      All those /pes/ky Jedi...

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: October 31, 2012, 07:55:16 am »

I'd watch that.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: October 31, 2012, 07:56:10 am »

Fuck the haters, that would be awesome.

What is thy bidding, my master?

It's a disaster!  Skywalker we're after!

What if he could be turned to the Dark Side?

Yes, he'd be a powerful ally.  Another Dark Jedi.

He will join us or die.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 31, 2012, 07:57:42 am »

Huh? I'm pretty sure slashfic is as old as language, that homosexual pairings of previously known characters from other stories were told around some of the very first camp fires.
Why else do you think they're called camp fires!  *nodnod*

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 31, 2012, 08:01:14 am »

Because they kill you immediately after you spawn?
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 21