Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 42

Author Topic: CraftedDreams - A 2-D Succession Fort  (Read 47234 times)

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
  • Profile Pic has Changed! Sorry for the Delay.
    • View Profile
Re: CraftedDreams - A 2-D Succession Fort
« Reply #300 on: December 09, 2012, 01:11:45 pm »

Early Spring Report by CaptainArchmage:

A few days into spring, the cave river overflows and floods out the area. No casualties reported. The secure farm was flooded so we can start growing food now.

My friends, I'm proud to announce my new environmental policy. No tree left standing.

Since the chasm barracks is completely open, I'm going to have some bridges built to cover it.

*******Major Fortress Event*******

Shortly after the Spring Report, CaptainArchmage ran screaming into an office and locked the door. Those dwarves who came to see what was up were given drawings, requests, and orders under the door. Some of the drawings are annotated in a strange language that cannot be identified. The list requests the production of steel, floodgates, levers, the construction of aqueducts, and the mining of long, narrow tunnels and curiously shaped rooms.

Note to players: I'm going to post major and minor events to post on, along with screenshots; if people want to comment on those in their own words, they can and probably should. CraftedDreams is about to undergo some radical changes.

The event list thus far:
-The Craftsdwarf Mebzuth Abbeypeace was ambushed by a ratman in the chasm barracks, but escaped. The ratman was splattered on a weapon trap.
-The Elven caravan showed up.
-Some kobolds have showed up.
-More ratman got out of the chasm. As the chasm barracks was still empty, there was excessive violence. One of the cats fell into the chasm, but no dwarves did.
-Even more ratman got out of the chasm. This time one of the (novice) metalsmiths got robusted before the swordsdwarves got there. One axedwarf got their first and got rather injured, but none of the ratmen made it out.
-Two aqueducts have been ordered built across the chasm. What can they be for?
« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 01:45:51 pm by CaptainArchmage »
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: December 09, 2012, 02:25:55 pm »

Fill the chasm with magma!
BURN THE BASTARDS!!!
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: December 09, 2012, 02:44:13 pm »

No! They must be spared, for the sake of !!FUN!! and constant streams of bones and free army training.

SanDiego

• Bay Watcher
  • I SEE IN YOUR SOUL
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: December 09, 2012, 02:52:32 pm »

The chasm is like endless source of free experience and bones. Right now, the chasm barracks are long cancelled (after three dodge related deaths), but the archery range is still working, thus providing almost 24/7 guard there.
Welcome to Murdermachines. Try the gecko sauce; it's delectable and delightful, a wonderful blend of savory and spicy that makes any dish delicious without being too overwhelming.

(Warning: Do not ask about the manufacturing process for gecko sauce)
(Warning: Gecko sauce may cause acute respiratory failure on contact)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: December 09, 2012, 02:56:05 pm »

Constant streams of rat men. Who wouldn't want an endless war going on in thier fortress because of pissed off ditch vagrants?

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: December 09, 2012, 04:25:27 pm »

Constant streams of rat men. Who wouldn't want an endless war going on in thier fortress because of pissed off ditch vagrants?

I've done what I can for today; I think I will have to station some guards close by the chasm. The other problem is the ratmen get into the fortress through the unfinished aqueducts systems - when the aqueducts are done it will no longer be possible for anything to get in that way. We're probably due to have a migrant wave too.

There's also a strange mood in progress - another craftsdwarf wants "rough color". DFhack isn't loading on launch so I'm not sure exactly what the dwarf wants.

We're also out of booze. I've ordered all dwarves to stay inside so they will use the cave river instead of the far ends of the outside river.
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: December 09, 2012, 04:26:07 pm »

What kind of gems does he/she like?

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: December 09, 2012, 04:30:15 pm »

What kind of gems does he/she like?

Aquamarine is the only gem she seems to like. We have two in the gem boxes, and some raw green glass. I suppose that means she either wants crystal glass or clear glass?

Also is there any way to increase the window size on this version without increasing the font size as well? I'd like to see more of the fortress at once.

FPS is around 55-58. Wow, its much lower on this version.

Well I bought out the entire elven caravan. Apparently they really like worn silk socks, probably useful down in the [obscenity redacted: gone insane]
« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 04:56:35 pm by CaptainArchmage »

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: December 09, 2012, 04:33:05 pm »

The only thing I can think is there may be something else she wants, but I could be mistaken. But if she won't gather materials post a guard and write her off as dead.

SanDiego

• Bay Watcher
  • I SEE IN YOUR SOUL
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: December 09, 2012, 04:41:41 pm »

Point to note - DFhack doesn't start on game start, you have to start it manually, preferably while still in main menu.
Welcome to Murdermachines. Try the gecko sauce; it's delectable and delightful, a wonderful blend of savory and spicy that makes any dish delicious without being too overwhelming.

(Warning: Do not ask about the manufacturing process for gecko sauce)
(Warning: Gecko sauce may cause acute respiratory failure on contact)

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: December 09, 2012, 04:59:48 pm »

Point to note - DFhack doesn't start on game start, you have to start it manually, preferably while still in main menu.

Thanks, it doesn't actually start for me for whatever reason. Then this is running on WINE. I've tried both the dfhack.exe and dfhack-run.exe files. Should I use the binpatch.exe file or what is that for?

In Genesis and Suika Fortress, DFhack starts when DF is launched, which is why I thought something was off.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: December 09, 2012, 05:00:47 pm »

For the current version it starts on launch. Not so in this version appearently.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #312 on: December 09, 2012, 08:58:42 pm »

DFHack only runs on startup for version 0.31+ because it loads itself by means of pretending to be SDL - older versions of DF didn't use SDL, so I had to write a manual loader program.

What actual error do you get when you run "dfhack.exe"? I've only tested it under Windows, not Wine, so it's possible it's doing something that Wine doesn't like - the loader works just like the old DFHack tools did, which is to attach to DF like a debugger and then edit its memory (only in this case it injects a thread to load DFHack.dll and also inserts some hooks into DF's own code so DFHack can react to certain events properly).
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: December 09, 2012, 11:34:03 pm »

There's also a strange mood in progress - another craftsdwarf wants "rough color". DFhack isn't loading on launch so I'm not sure exactly what the dwarf wants.
Try raw green glass.
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: December 10, 2012, 04:16:55 pm »

Try raw green glass.

We have raw green glass. We also have enough leather.

DFHack only runs on startup for version 0.31+ because it loads itself by means of pretending to be SDL - older versions of DF didn't use SDL, so I had to write a manual loader program.

What actual error do you get when you run "dfhack.exe"? I've only tested it under Windows, not Wine, so it's possible it's doing something that Wine doesn't like - the loader works just like the old DFHack tools did, which is to attach to DF like a debugger and then edit its memory (only in this case it injects a thread to load DFHack.dll and also inserts some hooks into DF's own code so DFHack can react to certain events properly).

There isn't any error; the thing just doesn't open at all.

Also: do we have confirmation about whether aqueducts can block creature movements?
« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 04:19:49 pm by CaptainArchmage »
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 42