Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 42

Author Topic: CraftedDreams - A 2-D Succession Fort  (Read 47200 times)

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
Re: CraftedDreams - A 2-D Succession Fort
« Reply #270 on: December 05, 2012, 01:32:45 pm »

Is fish-cleaning a separate job?
Yes. It also covers fish dissection, but you probably don't care about that.

One thing I forgot to mention above - if you run DFHack, you should also get access to Manipulator (the key label doesn't show up in the Units list, but it still works). If you decide to use it, I recommend invoking it from the Jobs screen so it only includes relevant dwarves.

Caravans also never bring much from what I can tell, instead opting to bring more wagons and pack critters instead, but at least all they had was food.
They're following the same "emergency supplies" rule that's been observed in 40d and later - you're low on food, so they bring as much of it as they can carry. They'll also start bringing extra cloth and leather once your dwarves' clothes start to wear out - the "target" is 5 units of cloth/leather per dwarf minus the number of complete and pristine sets of shirt+pants+shoe (yes, singular "shoe") you have (also counting unwearable "narrow" goblin clothes).

If you have enough food (and other supplies), then they should bring the usual assortment of goods: leather, cloth, crafts, pets, alcohol (stack size 20), cheese (stack size 5), mill products (flour/dye, stack size 1), extracts/milk (stack size 1), meat/fish (stack size 5), and edible plants (stack size 5). They won't bring the same variety of goods you get in 40d and later (i.e. no weapons, armor, metal bars, empty barrels, etc.), though.

I also located the code for determining trade capacity - wagons can hold 500Γ (e.g. two barrels of booze[20]) and pack animals can hold 100Γ (e.g. 4 stacks of plants[5] or 2 stacks of cheese[5]). Given how much some things weigh, I could be persuaded to write a patch to increase them to more reasonable levels (40d has trade capacities of 15,000Γ for wagons and 1,500Γ-3,000Γ for pack animals, though this was most likely so they could carry stuff made of stone/metal without being overloaded) and make the game a little bit easier (and also allow Elves to actually bring a reasonable amount of trade goods).
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 02:43:20 pm by Quietust »
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: December 05, 2012, 03:04:03 pm »

wait, im not dead? when did that happen?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

SanDiego

• Bay Watcher
  • I SEE IN YOUR SOUL
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: December 05, 2012, 04:27:16 pm »

I will post a status report on living dorfed people along the next update.
Welcome to Murdermachines. Try the gecko sauce; it's delectable and delightful, a wonderful blend of savory and spicy that makes any dish delicious without being too overwhelming.

(Warning: Do not ask about the manufacturing process for gecko sauce)
(Warning: Gecko sauce may cause acute respiratory failure on contact)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: December 05, 2012, 04:33:18 pm »

i still think im dead...
Highly Opinionated Fool

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: December 05, 2012, 04:39:31 pm »

He my have redorfed you with one of the many unclaimed.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: December 05, 2012, 04:55:20 pm »

oh...
Highly Opinionated Fool

SanDiego

• Bay Watcher
  • I SEE IN YOUR SOUL
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: December 06, 2012, 07:42:44 am »

So currently living dwarves are (as of mid-spring):
Pitchblende, legendary miner
Perraget, part of our vast mason population
Corai, also a mason
My third (!) incarnation, metalsmith
Scruffy, jewler

Among the dead, I see theese:
LightningFalcon
Asherau
Ruhn
Both of my former selves.

On the up side, we got massive migrant wave (where the hell am I gonna put them?), so state your wish and I will try to redorf you.
------------------------------------------------------------
Journal of SanDiego, 5th Slate 1054
Migrants! In MY fort! A whole troop of unskilled, lazy and clumsy freeloaders acopmanied by some soldiers and even some craftsdwarves. Most of the freeloaders were assigned to masonry duty and two random suckers were choosen as future goblin bait soldiers. We need some beds, luckily I submitted an order for them long ago.
what? The beds are STILL not done? Bins? Fuck bins, we need beds!
« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 07:56:08 am by SanDiego »
Welcome to Murdermachines. Try the gecko sauce; it's delectable and delightful, a wonderful blend of savory and spicy that makes any dish delicious without being too overwhelming.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: December 06, 2012, 08:05:02 am »

Dorf me as a miner, and give it the name of Lightningfalcon.  If no miners are avaliable dorf me as the captain of the guard.
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

SanDiego

• Bay Watcher
  • I SEE IN YOUR SOUL
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: December 06, 2012, 08:12:25 am »

We have quite few miners left for grabs, no problem there.
---------------------------------------------------------
Journal of SanDiego III, 17th Slate 1054
My plan to place barracks near the chasm has finally brought some fruit. A troglodyte had the stupid idea of ambushing our fort and was quickly and brutally disposed of. His body will be dumped back to where he came from as a warning.

23rd Felsite, 1054
My work to impress any semblance of order into this chaos pit is endless. For some reasons, names like Sisyphus and Augeias flick through my head. Who can has a name this stupid, anyway? I strive to prepare for The Plan, but it's almost summer and I still didn't progress much. I try to lure some nobility, true target of The Plan, to our fort; large quarters are finished and furnished and I finally caved in to the pressure from our sheriff and established a jail. Also, I ordered some weapon traps built around our magma works, but our only mechanic is hopelessly overworked. Have to look into that.
Also, some no name metalsmith baricaded himself in MY magma forge.

Yeah, NICE ONE ASSHOLE.

---------------------------
OOC: uh, I accidentally our manager. And one peasant. So, don't be surprised if you see a manager in the next wave
---------------------------
6th Malachite, 1054
Humans came today, I traded for all their meat and assortment of plants for pile of worthless crap. To better cope with our booze (or lack thereof) I cancelled all fishing assigments and turned them into brewing/cooking ones. Also, I comandeered some empty rooms and turned them into stockpiles. Enclosed, some sketches of the fort as it is now:

The new mayors suite/noble lure. From top left to right bottom: bedroom, dining room, office. Bottom rooms can be used for some lesser, associate noble.

New tombs, the one on the left should complement the above drawn suite, the one on the right is for me to rest in. I think I deserve it.

One of the comandeered rooms, also on the very right is the one lever I'm actively terrified of pulling.

22nd Malachite, 1054
Ratmen! A small group of ratmen sprung from ambush earlier today. One was killed by a passing miner and a stone trap, while three more gang up on some poor mason. Most of our military thinks it's a great time to eat, drink or sleep.
Addendum: Military easily dispatched the rest of those ratmen, but not before they horribly maimed the mason, whom may never work again:

16th Galena, 1054
We have another fatality. One of the hunters never came back from outside. We suspect that cougar got him and then bled out, as we found his corpse as well. On the other hand, the eyeless mason is still alive and refuses to lie down and rest. He keeps passing out every once in a while (OOC: this creates rather annoying announcement spam). Also, our alcohol levels are soaring.
Make that two four fatalities. That idiot speardwarf dodged right into the chasm. Both swordsmen followed. Project chasm barracks is suspended until we can find soldiers with IQ higher than their shoe size.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 11:03:02 am by SanDiego »

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: December 06, 2012, 03:19:21 pm »

who are the migrants? im looking for one.
Highly Opinionated Fool

SanDiego

• Bay Watcher
  • I SEE IN YOUR SOUL
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: December 06, 2012, 03:48:14 pm »

Mostly useless peasants assigned to masonry squads/military and assortment of craftdwarves, farmers and hunters (one of whom is already dead).

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: December 06, 2012, 03:57:49 pm »

can i see the stats for the craftsdwarves?
Highly Opinionated Fool

SanDiego

• Bay Watcher
  • I SEE IN YOUR SOUL
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: December 06, 2012, 04:30:11 pm »

So, here they are, in no special order:
1) Likes limestone, star saphire, grizzly bear leather, jade, waves shields and bracelets
2) Likes limestone, pig tail fabric, color white, horn and gloves
3) Likes onyx, crystall glass, horn, copper, gloves and door
4) Likes Felsite, aquamarine, the color pine green, suns, coats, tables, earrings, animal traps anf horses for their strength
5) Likes moonstone, mangrove, fox bone, the color sepia, animal traps and horses for their strength

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: December 06, 2012, 04:46:09 pm »

genders? and what kind of crafts?
Highly Opinionated Fool

SanDiego

• Bay Watcher
  • I SEE IN YOUR SOUL
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: December 07, 2012, 08:23:32 pm »

Well, I didn't check the forums and then I studied so hard I fell asleep, so here is my cached update, I will update you on the craftdwarves in the next post.
-------------
14th Limestone, 1054
Caravan from the mountainhomes is here! Our brethren will surely be amazed by our grand works! And the miasma. Oh, the miasma. Everywhere. Because no one has time for such trivial tasks as cleaning up. Also, after nearly half year in round-the-clock operation, our stills managed to produce astounding amount of booze. Now, kitchen is running simmilar schedule.

24th Limestone, 1054
Our brethren didn't carry much goods with them, but more meat and some plump helmets won't do us any harm. And we wouldn't be using all those totems anyway. After a long period of constantly passing out, the blind mason died. Our population is more now stable on 57.

27th Limestone, 1054
Groundhogs constantly harrasing our workers crossed the line between nuisance and annoyance. Military was dispatched.

7th Sandstone, 1054
This morning, something strange happened. Scruffy just froze in the main hallway and started muttering in some weird language. He then immediately run into the jeweler's workshop and threw out the happles fella who has been working there. I think it is the sign of Deep Ones blessing.
Someone told me that Scruffy really likes green diamonds. I guess we may have BAD news for Scruffy then.

12th Sandstone, 1054
Squad of ratmen crawled out of the chasm just as one of our marksmen trained at the archery range. He valiantly fights them off, while rest of his comrades mobilize.
More and more ratmen jump from the shadows. They already slaughtered a kitten and threw one of our metalsmiths into the chasm (why the useful ones? why??). The heroic marksman has finally succumbed to his many injuries, but not before killing every last one of those foul beasts. He was given a funeral with all honours due to him.
Oh, great, pitchblende has somehow lost his pick. If he doesn't find it soon I will give him a flight to the ratmenville.

27th Sandstone, 1054
Monkeys! Filthy, smelly, thieving monkeys! Militia was dispatched. Better part of the monkey raid was murderized, the rest made off with some worthless junk we would chasm anyway. Good training though.

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 42