Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 588 589 [590] 591 592 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 557333 times)

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 6: Enjoying the Gub Life?
« Reply #8835 on: February 12, 2014, 12:17:48 pm »

Get away while getting more used to my body. Am I able to grasp stuff?

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #8836 on: February 12, 2014, 12:55:05 pm »

"It's not like I want to prove anything anyway! I just want to get out!"
Shake my fist in the general direction the priest skittered away in.
~So, what am I supposed to do now?~

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #8837 on: February 12, 2014, 01:51:35 pm »

Niklas can't really remember what he was doing here, to be honest with himself. Only that he needed some flesh to make some sort of food. That was what he was doing, right?

Observe my surroundings. Is there an exit or anything organic? If not, try praying to the god/demon/both of water for some water. If that isn't forthcoming, jump into the wood pile and exude pure frustration for several days.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8838 on: February 12, 2014, 01:52:30 pm »

~So, what am I supposed to do now?~

~impress him somehow!~

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8839 on: February 12, 2014, 01:57:09 pm »

~I'm basically out of options now, so...~
Sing.

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #8840 on: February 12, 2014, 02:01:03 pm »

~I'm basically out of options now, so...~
Sing.
((Last time you sung, the whip guy came and nearly cut you in half. are you sure that's a good idea?))
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8841 on: February 12, 2014, 02:14:59 pm »

((Well hopefully he'll come and cut the priest in half. Besides a chant of whipman-summoning seems fairly badass))

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8842 on: February 12, 2014, 02:17:00 pm »

((Well hopefully he'll come and cut the priest in half. Besides a chant of whipman-summoning seems fairly badass))
((If you don't end up dead, then it is badass))

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8843 on: February 12, 2014, 04:12:25 pm »

"So...whats it like being the most wonderful thing alive? I am sure you will come to accept and love your new form as much as I do!"
Scott will examine this new object of mental distraction, informing him of any inefficiencies he is having as he adjusts to his new form and how he may improve in his motions.

« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 05:50:59 pm by Innsmothe »
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8844 on: February 13, 2014, 12:01:44 am »

"Where is Evelyn I could help her in what ever is happening" Mark asks The Gub
« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 01:30:31 am by killerhellhound »
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #8845 on: February 13, 2014, 01:25:17 am »

Morton admired his handiwork, looking over the cleaned tavern.

~Does this suffice, good group Gub?~

Fine, group can be the prefix, the desk mentally resigned. He had hoped a better one would come to him with time, but it seems that was for naught. Either way, groaning over lack of imagination or vocabulary solves little sadly.

~If you could, I'd like to go check on the ship. While the tea has most likely gone bad by now, quite a tragic event, it would be nice to regain my tools and attempt again. Perhaps I could pick up something that the others wish from the ship while I'm there, if you could please ask them? Assuming they're not currently busy, of course, I wouldn't wish to bother them.~

Morton will, Gub willing, follow directions to the ship and check on his supplies along with any possibly requested pick-ups by others in the group.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8846 on: February 13, 2014, 02:24:28 pm »

At the shipwreck-rich beach of Mothdale...

Sigmund decides that he'll try to run, thank you very much. Being vaguely amorously harassed by Scott is exactly the opposite of what he would consider a good thing. Really, he can't think of anything he would enjoy less right now, though that may be a mere side effect of Scott's general nearness.

A few steps in, Sigmund realizes that he truly does seem to lack the mental capacity to control eleven legs at once, and immediately falls over on his belly, flapping his wings wildly as he rolls around on the ground in panic. Why does everything have to suck so much, he wonders. Why does this always happen to him? And why does everything backfire worst when he asks for help rather than passively receives it? And why didn't his surgeon tormentor give him any hands to strangle people and grab things with?

None of this is made any better by Scott, who continues bothering Sigmund without pause.

"So...what's it like being the most wonderful thing alive? I am sure you will come to accept and love your new form as much as I do!" he says, then pauses as he realizes that Sigmund appears to be unable to walk around with his sheer number of legs.  "Say, I know how to fix that problem of yours! You need to try and run around some more! It'll come to you eventually, you'll see!"

Mark, who is nearby and quite done basking in his glory, asks the gub where to find Evelyn and insists that he might be able to help her with whatever she is doing.

~we disagree! you are strictly forbidden to communicate with Evelyn as she is communicating with us presently! telling us secrets too arcane for us to merely fish out of her mind!~

In a temple of Velusius...

Kevin, after shaking his fist at that whippersnapper priest for scurrying off before he could punch his smug mug intensely and repeatedly, decides he has no other recourse but to sing.

[Kevin's vocal performance roll: 5]

He finds that the acoustics in the temple hall are quite exquisite, so he gives it his best, singing his heart out in the middle of the temple. As he sings, though, things fail to happen. Nobody seems to care at all. Is there anyone even still here to listen to him?

In a somewhat empty room...

Niklas is in possession of what seems to be several tons of mulch, and yet he doesn't really remember what he needed it for. Hm. Where is he, anyway? Some kind of room, it looks like, with no exits, but a good amount of light despite the lack of any windows. Aside from the mulch, no organic things seem to be present. At a loss on what would be expected from him in these circumstances, he prays... to a god of water, he guesses? Who is the god of water, anyway? Pacitarius, maybe? Yeah, he'll work. Niklas prays to Pacitarius, but nothing much seems to happen. Guess the gods don't feel like rewarding him with a massive pool of water or whatever. So Niklas instead jumps into the mulch and tries to exude all his frustration - better out than in, his mother always said. And she was the most famous projectile vomiter in quite a wide area, at least within a three village radius in any given direction, so her expertise is the most trustworthy on the situation that Niklas currently recalls.

Some time later, he realizes he doesn't feel too frustrated anymore. He's all out of frustration, in fact. Now he just seems to be filled with bemused acceptance of his circumstances.

At the Dancing Fly...

Morton thinks this cleaning job will suffice - the tavern certainly has experienced a lot of improvement, anyway.

~Does this suffice, good group Gub?~

~in terms of cleaning, yes! we would like to convert this place into a tea house! you can run it!~

Um... well.

~If you could, I'd like to go check on the ship. While the tea has most likely gone bad by now, quite a tragic event, it would be nice to regain my tools and attempt again. Perhaps I could pick up something that the others wish from the ship while I'm there, if you could please ask them? Assuming they're not currently busy, of course, I wouldn't wish to bother them.~

~certainly! we shall show you the way!~

And they do - after trundling through the streets and passing a whole lot of vacant-looking people, Morton eventually reaches the ship he knows and enjoys - it seems entirely unharmed, and is tied securely to one of the numerous, though mostly empty piers of Mothdale. A quick check of the ship reveals that everything on it has basically gone untouched since the crew all had to take their leave under the gub's influence. His enchanted tea has gone visibly stale, however.

~the enchanted tea! your expertise on the matter was very important, morton! we are about to start enchanting things ourselves, in fact! any requests before we begin chanting?~

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #8847 on: February 13, 2014, 02:27:08 pm »

Now mold the frustration mulch into a sculpture! Preferably of a bear/walrus hybrid.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8848 on: February 13, 2014, 02:50:42 pm »

Sigmund will scream to Mark, using his different vocal apparatuses:

-Mark! Come here you bastard! Why did you even think about making me something as impractical as this! I can't fly, I can't even walk! Have you ever tried doing these things to yourself? Have you? No? Well, it feels horrible. How am I supposed to be able to coordinate eleven legs? I can't even stand up because I don't have arms! So, come here you psychopath. Come here and make me something in which at least I could move! FIX ME!

The last sentence in all caps is pronounced with all his means to pronounce things.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8849 on: February 13, 2014, 03:11:03 pm »

~Do you have a job position for not doing anything officer?~

((Tomcost, I'd say it's partly your own fault for trusting Mark. You didn't have much choice, though.))

Pages: 1 ... 588 589 [590] 591 592 ... 719