Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 587 588 [589] 590 591 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 557244 times)

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 6: Enjoying the Gub Life?
« Reply #8820 on: February 11, 2014, 04:04:22 pm »

Scott will float over to Sigmund and say in the most serious voice he can manage.
"You are the most beautiful and heart softening form I have seen in a long while and if it wasn't for the fact that I am a hideous fire scarred ectoplasmotic head, I swear I would hear my heartbeat pounding in my ears...to say the least"

He will turn to mark

"You sir...are...are...a true rival to the gods themselves."
« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 04:07:36 pm by Innsmothe »
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8821 on: February 11, 2014, 04:17:22 pm »

((Harry's desciptions are so good and horrific, and at the same time I feel like there are no actual words to completely define the horrors that Mark creates. Also, he keeps getting sixes. Why did the mad scientist had to be the luckiest character?))

Experiment with my body, determine if I can talk

Also look back at Scott, and try to scare him, it should be easy with this form, right?

Also determine if I can fly

((I am wondering if I should stay like this after all the medicine tht has been inflicted on me))

Nunzillor

« Reply #8822 on: February 11, 2014, 04:23:00 pm »

Is that a joke?  Yes, you should stay like this!  No one will ever forgive you if you change!  No one!

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8823 on: February 11, 2014, 04:24:28 pm »

Is that a joke?  Yes, you should stay like this!  No one will ever forgive you if you change!  No one!
((I already went back from a human head and arms tree, so it wouldn't be so strange))

Nunzillor

« Reply #8824 on: February 11, 2014, 04:56:56 pm »

Yes but that was not nearly as awesome as your current form!

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8825 on: February 11, 2014, 08:09:47 pm »

((Because I'm just that awesome also would you rather get operated on by a incompetent !!MEDICINE!! man also I think that by the end of this Mark will be a god))

Mark looks over his handy work and see's that it is awesome drinking in the praise. When he is struck by a thought I really need to be able to communicate to get praise and drive on people. To that end he asks the Gub "Hey Gub can you teach me to talk to others mentally with out you relaying what I say"
« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 08:25:03 pm by killerhellhound »
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #8826 on: February 11, 2014, 08:14:06 pm »

Welp, nothing for it but to get started. Mulch the tree, first of all - it's not like I need sleep or breathing or anything like that.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8827 on: February 11, 2014, 09:02:25 pm »

((!!Medicine!! for the !!Medicine!! God!))

((Just imagine what would happen if Mark learned Life magic.))

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8828 on: February 11, 2014, 09:25:22 pm »

((He would scoff at it then use it for materials and keep doing the surgery himself maybe using it to keep the subject alive and nothing else   Oh god that would be even worse still doing !!MEDICINE!! but having any Materials he can imagine ))
« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 09:27:34 pm by killerhellhound »
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8829 on: February 11, 2014, 09:32:33 pm »

((I bet that Harry secretly wants that to happen. The !!Medicine!! paragraphs are the larger ones))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #8830 on: February 11, 2014, 09:36:52 pm »

((That's because they're the most creative endeavour that's been done in this game, barring of course my cooking.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #8831 on: February 12, 2014, 02:01:08 am »

((Welp. I'm giggling like a madman either way.))
"Sneaky bastard..."
Run over to the priest and punch HIM in the face!

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8832 on: February 12, 2014, 03:16:26 am »

Scott will cuddle up to the breathtaking sight before him, trying to summon enough mental force to make his feelings feltin a nice comforting hug for the obviously traumatic experience he went through.

((When I envisioned this character...I was hoping this secret 'flaw*' I had rolled for him (yes I am a nerd that actually keeps randomised lists of reactions to strange and improbable events) was going to be a hilarious way to get him killed. But...oh my god I have ruptured my diaphragm xD))

*Admiration for mind bending horror.

« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 11:35:03 am by Innsmothe »
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8833 on: February 12, 2014, 04:28:04 am »

"Nope. I's not falls for dat."
Timothy decided not to turn around and feast his poor eyes on whatever horrors lurked behind him-- if he kept going upwards he'd discover if this was really a house or not, and then he could always wander back in if he so wished.

>Continue upwards, see if I pass through a roof and into open sunlight, or if this is some sort of underground illusion.

>If I do end up aboveground, try and get my bearings.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8834 on: February 12, 2014, 12:09:52 pm »

At the shipwreck-rich beach of Mothdale...

Scott, having witnessed quite the impressive of traumatic event, depending on who you ask, can't help but gush at his newly-transformed friend and the medically unsound surgeon who made the whole thing happen.

"You are the most beautiful and heart softening form I have seen in a long while and if it wasn't for the fact that I am a hideous fire scarred ectoplasmotic head, I swear I would hear my heartbeat pounding in my ears... to say the least," he tells Sigmund, who reacts in no way whatsoever. If that is still Sigmund, of course.

"You, sir... are... are... a true rival to the gods themselves," he then gushes at Mark, who also doesn't react visibly, but certainly wishes he could, turning to the gub for aid.

~Hey Gub can you teach me to talk to others mentally with out you relaying what I say~ the surgeon asks boldly and greenly of the gub while basking in all this credit he's finally getting from his peers. Truly this is a great day to be Mark.

~no, we can't! you may as well ask us to teach you how to think at all! we would tell you to seek the help of evelyn, but she is completely and utterly occupied presently!~

Sigmund, meanwhile, tries to see if he can talk in this form - signs point to yes, as he now seems to have five tongues inside him and at least that many throats. With this in mind, he attempts to frighten the lump of flesh floating in front of him and singing that rather unpleasant surgeon's praises. He expressively and gutturally retches in Scott's direction, hoping that this will serve to distract him from his reverie - Sigmund is quite sad when it does not and the silly bugger continues in his efforts to completely embarrass everyone on this beach and possibly beyond. Oh well. Time to check the next thing on the grand list of things you want to find out when you're a pseudodragon - can he fly?

As he finds out after flapping his wings as hard and fast as possible, no, he really can't. He can somewhat slow his descent, but he definitely can't generate enough lift to fly upward. Probably just as well he can't fly - he would just mess it up and kill himself in all likelihood if he could. And the fact that this train of thought is literally the first thing his mind went with when he realized this is a bit depressing. Before he can consider this further, though, he notices Scott trying something.

[Scott's telekinesis roll: 3]

The sand on the beach is momentarily disturbed, but nothing really comes of it. As Scott's intangible head starts to near his own bulk, Sigmund wonders if he should start running. Can he run, actually? He's not really sure about the logistics of doing so with eleven legs, to be perfectly frank.

Inside a mostly empty room...

Knowing that the sooner he starts mulching this dang tree the sooner he'll be done mulching this dang tree, Niklas starts mulching this dang tree already. As expected, progress is very, very slow. Not as slow as it could be if it was, say, a stone block, but definitely slower than most people could safely deal with and retain their sanity. But Niklas never had much of that anyway, and he's got Torkel and Helsvar and the spruce guy to keep him company along the way, so it's a very merry, if gruelingly monotonous, generally unpleasant and only a few steps from being downright Sisyphean. Along the way, Niklas has little in the way of marking the passage of time - he could have been at this for days, weeks, seconds or years - all he knows is that, after what definitely felt like a long time, he has mulched the tree, foliage and all, in its entirety, creating a most wonderful pile of finely ground organic material.

Now, what did he plan to do with this again? His goal, having been placed in a part of his mind he usually does not access while mulching wood, has become a little hazy over the long decades, Niklas thinks.

Inside a temple of Velusius...

Enraged over a cheeky priest making light of his rather impressive struggle with himself, Kevin jumps to his feet, his adversary having revealed himself inadvertently, and seeks his opponent. By the time he gets a good read on where he might be amidst the echoing chuckling, however, it has stopped - nevertheless, Kevin sees the fellow anyway, and rushes him.

[Kevin vs. High Priest: 3-2 vs. 4+2]

As he goes right for the nose on the guy, the priest ducks and grabs Kevin, enclosing his midsection in a vice-like grip one really wouldn't expect from a guy that small.

[High Priest's throw roll: 2+1]

He lifts Kevin up into the air, and is about to hurl him away in what seems like a very unsafe way when he apparently reconsiders, instead throwing Kevin to the ground somewhat uncomfortably. Kevin is about to provide some choice words to the fellow, but before he can manage this, the high priest interrupts him.

"Don't get me wrong, you're a very amusing fellow, but it will take more than that to win me over, I'm afraid," he quickly says, then skitters up the vertical wall behind him in a decidedly unnatural-looking way, disappearing behind an elaborate tapestry hanging on the wall when he reaches the top.

Inside what looks like a fairly ordinary abandoned house...

Timothy firmly decides that he is not the sucker this setup is looking for.

"Nope. I's not falls for dat," he says and steadfastly refuses to look behind him, instead keeping on floating upwards. He passes through the ceiling, finding himself on a second floor just as abandoned as the first, then through a small and dusty attic, then through what must be a roof, at which point he beholds the blue sky right above him with quite a bit of relief. Looking around, he concludes that he still appears to be in Blynn, despite whatever strange and frightening detours he may have taken on the way back up. Quite fortunate, all in all.
Pages: 1 ... 587 588 [589] 590 591 ... 719