Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 508 509 [510] 511 512 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 556509 times)

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 5: The Path of Dreams
« Reply #7635 on: November 05, 2013, 09:57:11 am »

"I was expecting yelling and attempted violence on his part...oh well."

Scott will try to confront one of the the other rogues, preferably not the man on the roof.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 04:07:08 am by Innsmothe »
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #7636 on: November 05, 2013, 06:01:43 pm »

[Gave it some thought, and I think it may be better to instead have Art do the transfer. If you disagree Xan, I'll edit this post.]

Morton mentally debated with himself. On the one hand, doing this is possibly dangerous and may cause harm to Chef Niklas, would be faster however and they could get him to Erin for help much quicker. Who knows how stable this state is for Niklas, if he could possible be endangered by further melting, or in fact cooling down?

On the other hand, it could be an unnecessary risk to put him through, and if it goes wrong, what then? But by the time they get Captain to help Chef Niklas could of been removed by someone, gone forever. Surely they won't leave this eyesore on the street forever, they will eventually do something about it. Who knows if they might find him again, if that's even possible? The trip to get Captain and back could of been all the time needed to remove the lump, or bury it, or something else entirely, Chef Niklas along with it.

After a bit, the desk nodded, which looks very similar to his bowing except quicker in nature and done twice. "The guard surely won't keep the street like this for long, I fear that if we don't hurry they may remove him before we return. If there is anything I can do to aid the transfer, do please speak up, good mage Art. Choose any of the three that you feel best works. Chef Niklas liked to cook, as he is a chef, so perhaps the pot may hold a firmer grasp onto him?" The desk offered a guess as he gestures to the pot, stick, and book on his surface.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #7637 on: November 05, 2013, 09:26:11 pm »

((It's fine by me. I'll be performing pile drivers on some meat in the meantime.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7638 on: November 06, 2013, 01:23:20 am »

Within Helsvar's village...

Niklas, after creating a remarkably heavy acorn chef hat, tries to perform something vaguely resembling cooking in certain parts of the world. He finds an adequately small piece of meat and tries to piledrive it into the table he found it on, to varying degrees of success. The other people in the room seem quite amused and not at all bothered by a rodent physically assaulting their food.

Question is, are they laughing with him or at him? His guts twist with this question, but the sensation quickly passes.

On the Second Shank...

Sigmund heads down into the cargo hold of the ship and redoubles his efforts to make a focus. He first tries to feel the order of the world somehow.

He does feel something, he finds - it seems a bit strange, because, for all of Sigmund's talents, he didn't know extrasensory perception to be one of them. How very odd. He gets the feeling that there is something up with the world, a certain knotting of universal laws centered around him for some reason.

Scott, meanwhile, seeks out the fellow on the other ship to ask him a few good questions. He walks off the gangplank, shambles up the pier and steps over to the other ship, where the watcher stands, still looking at the Second Shank. The guy turns to him.

"Hm? What do you want?"

In a house of hands...

Darren asks a question of the handmaiden.

"I was speaking with a man outside about an artifact I'm questing for?"

"Er... I wouldn't be an authority on that sort of thing. Did he say that he would be here or... oh, there he comes. Thank goodness."

Darren looks around, but doesn't see anything until a panel on the wall opens up and the two hands from outside slink out of it.

"Ah, I see you've met Ms. Fern."

"Well, we haven't officially introduced ourselves or anything."

"I'm sure you will, but that will have to wait until later. Firstly, I believe the good fellow had a question about the Crown of Flowers?"

Ms. Fern is visibly quieted by the mention - her mouth-hand purses, then closes up into a fist as her hands retreat back into the hole, though the eye-hand still peeks out at Darren.

At the melting point of Niklas...

Morton, after making sure to consult with the varying voices in his head, comes to a decision.

"The guard surely won't keep the street like this for long, I fear that if we don't hurry they may remove him before we return. If there is anything I can do to aid the transfer, do please speak up, good mage Art. Choose any of the three that you feel best works. Chef Niklas liked to cook, as he is a chef, so perhaps the pot may hold a firmer grasp onto him?"

"I don't really know, but yeah, let's go for the pot."

Art outstretches his hands, pointing one at the pile of slag, the other at the pot.

[Art's magic roll: 1]

He opens his eyes.

"Erm... whoops. Well, doesn't look like he was killed by that, so why don't we try again?"

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7639 on: November 06, 2013, 01:47:51 am »

Well, that'll have to do.

Retrieve a paring knife or something and commence cookery! Make a meat mash.
Sig! Onol

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7640 on: November 06, 2013, 04:08:16 am »

"Are you in anyway planning anything that may displease my master?"
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7641 on: November 06, 2013, 05:38:19 am »

((Oh, God, what is Sigmund getting into?))

Try to discern the different laws

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #7642 on: November 06, 2013, 06:22:34 am »

((Magicophysics, I'd guess.))
"Not much to do for me right now, is there?"

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7643 on: November 06, 2013, 06:42:51 am »

((Magicophysics, I'd guess.))
((Well, as far as this goes, it seems that in this universe reality can be altered by application of will in the correct form (as there is no such thing as "mana"), so I wouldn't be surprised if anyone can just try to feel the magic laws and actually do it.))

((Also, I think that Niklas is the character who has endured the highest amount of will rolls. He is really lucky))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7644 on: November 06, 2013, 11:26:55 am »

((Why thanks. And yes, as I proved, you can alter reality if you concentrate hard enough. Ie to become a chairman.))
Sig! Onol

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7645 on: November 06, 2013, 11:31:40 am »

((Why thanks. And yes, as I proved, you can alter reality if you concentrate hard enough. Ie to become a chairman.))
((It wasn't exactly a compliment. Or at least from my perpective. Being lucky means that you are risking far too much and only survived becaused the RNG happened to agree.))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7646 on: November 06, 2013, 11:32:40 am »

((It also means I may get a bonus to Will rolls if I survive this chapter.))
Sig! Onol

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7647 on: November 06, 2013, 11:34:36 am »

((Well, by that logic Sigmund will get a bonus to being resisting dismemberment, or tolerating pain. Hell, that would be related to will too, right?))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7648 on: November 06, 2013, 11:38:32 am »

((You just may.))
Sig! Onol

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #7649 on: November 06, 2013, 11:47:09 am »

((And Scott will get a bonus to being an insufferable ass- OH WAIT, HE ALREADY HAS A +3 TO THAT))

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.
Pages: 1 ... 508 509 [510] 511 512 ... 719