Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 507 508 [509] 510 511 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 556290 times)

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 5: The Path of Dreams
« Reply #7620 on: November 03, 2013, 09:32:54 am »

-Well, and what about you, Master, would you be so kind to explain me something about focus creation?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7621 on: November 03, 2013, 09:42:19 am »

-Well, and what about you, Master, would you be so kind to explain me something about focus creation?

"I don't actually know much about it. I haven't had cause to investigate such a thing. I suppose it's an act of will, yes. At least, that's the way it should work. I could dig around in my body's memories a bit, but that'll take a while."

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7622 on: November 03, 2013, 10:19:36 am »

Scott shall cackle
"Yes, reintroduce yourselfto that pitiful peasant, and let your appoligies spring forth like gold from a priests purse."
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #7623 on: November 03, 2013, 10:39:54 am »

[Xan, your opinion on Art's plan? It might be more or less just as dangerous as Erin just warping your slagged body into something else, but it does come with the problem of needing to get you something to house your body in.

...Which would, most likely later, need to be morphed by Erin to give you basic functionality, depending on what Morton sticks you in. But then again, I don't think Erin can actually get close enough to change you, what with you being in the epicenter of a ridiculously hot crater.]

The desk calmed himself down after the initial rush of trying to figure out what to do with Niklas, after all, if he's been like this for a while he's probably okay with being like this for a bit longer, but it's still quite distressing.

"I don't believe I have much on me that might house him however, unless he fancies being inside a pot, a stick, or a book I suppose. It would most certainly get him out of the heat however, which would make it much easier on good mage Erin to give him a body from there... What exactly pertains to transferring his soul? Is there something that might make it less dangerous?"

Morton dug through his drawers yet again, pulling out the three objects and laying them on his surface, the book being non-demonology book he was carrying.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7624 on: November 03, 2013, 10:48:37 am »

-If it is not much effort from your part, I would appreciate it, Master.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #7625 on: November 03, 2013, 02:07:22 pm »

((Well, I survived it once before, and that was by my own effort.
Maybe cool my remains down and get them back to the ship first?))

Oh right. Axes are large.

Idly explore the village. Try to find kitchens.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #7626 on: November 03, 2013, 06:30:46 pm »

[Gotcha, I think Captain might be able to help with that. Can't exactly cool you down if we can't get to you, so I'm thinking we pull you out of the center with Captain's help, cool you down with water thanks to pot, then go from there.]

The desk thought for a moment before speaking again to Art. "Whatever we choose, it would most certainly be for the best to get him out of the unbearable heat first; I fear there isn't much any of us can do while he's in there. I think good sir Captain might be able to help us here, he seems marvelously talented with moving things magically. I believe he should be on the ship most likely, shall we go attain his aid?"

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7627 on: November 04, 2013, 01:10:06 pm »

On the deck of the Second Shank...

Scott believes that the Captain is on to something here.

"Yes, reintroduce yourself to that pitiful peasant, and let your apologies spring forth like gold from a priest's purse."

"NOT AT ALL, you mean? Hm. I SHALL CONSIDER THIS! OFF I GO!"

The Captain floats off the deck, moving over to the beggar. They have a conversation, which seems to proceed a tad uneasily on the part of the beggar. They speak for a while - Scott cannot rightly say what about - and the beggar then leaves, looking slightly at ease. The Captain then returns.

"THAT WENT WELL!"

Sigmund, meanwhile, seeks the Artiste's aid.

"If it is not much effort from your part, I would appreciate it, Master."

The Artiste stares off into the distance for a minute.

"Yeah, it's actually pretty simple, to be honest. All you have to do is rearrange the fundamental harmonies of existence and induce a flexible cascade event into a single artifact, then customize it with application of judicious context."

"Couldn't have explained it better myself."

At a molten scar on the face of Shriekpot...

Morton tries to think of a good plan here, wondering what his old buddy would say about all this. Probably something vaguely disturbing and cooking-related.

"I don't believe I have much on me that might house him however, unless he fancies being inside a pot, a stick, or a book I suppose. It would most certainly get him out of the heat however, which would make it much easier on good mage Erin to give him a body from there... What exactly pertains to transferring his soul? Is there something that might make it less dangerous?"

"Well, having another necromancer around would sure be handy, as they could keep an eye on the soul, make sure it doesn't fly off, but we don't seem to have one of those anymore, do we? Besides, it doesn't matter what we transfer him to - you can literally house a soul inside anything. Erin will have to reshape him no matter what, so we could put him anywhere at all, really."

"Whatever we choose, it would most certainly be for the best to get him out of the unbearable heat first; I fear there isn't much any of us can do while he's in there. I think good sir Captain might be able to help us here, he seems marvelously talented with moving things magically. I believe he should be on the ship most likely, shall we go attain his aid?"

"My way would probably be faster, and we wouldn't have to wait for the pile of slag to cool down, but hey, he's your buddy. I'll defer to you on this one."

In Helsvar's village...

Niklas searches for a kitchen in the village, although he does it in an altogether idle fashion.

Fortunately, there do seem to be a bunch of people preparing what looks like a feast in the clan hall. As such, the entire place somewhat resembles a kitchen now.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7628 on: November 04, 2013, 01:22:03 pm »

Sigmund was quite puzzled at that explaination, indeed, but he couldn't admit hat he hadn't understood a single thing that was just explained to him. He tried to appear that he had at least slightly catched the meaning of something that was told to him. He said to the Artiste:

-Well, if I have to customize it at the end that part seems to be quite personal, but I have to ask what would "rearranging the fundamental harmonies of existence" mean.

He decided to ask about how to induce a cascade event with that rearranged bullshit later.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7629 on: November 04, 2013, 01:27:28 pm »

-Well, if I have to customize it at the end that part seems to be quite personal, but I have to ask what would "rearranging the fundamental harmonies of existence" mean.

"It's... well, you... um, how to explain this?"

"See what I mean?"

"Yeah, pretty much. It's kind of an experiential thing. It makes complete sense to me, but I can't really explain it to you without going in a lot of detail."

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7630 on: November 04, 2013, 01:31:15 pm »

-So, I should just experiment about what I can feel about the general order that this world has and then focus it into the object I want to become a focus?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7631 on: November 04, 2013, 01:34:36 pm »

-So, I should just experiment about what I can feel about the general order that this world has and then focus it into the object I want to become a focus?

"Sure."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #7632 on: November 04, 2013, 01:38:20 pm »

Niklas chitters excitedly! At last he'd be able to cook again!

Attempt to fashion a chef hat out of one of those acorns, then march up to an open spot and begin performing pile drivers on a section of meat in order to tenderize it.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7633 on: November 04, 2013, 01:40:28 pm »

-I will keep trying then, Master, thanks for your advice.

Sigmund hen thoght about were could he go to feel the world, then he realized that most of the world is being constantly hit by the light of the Sun, so he decided to go again to the cargo hold an try to feel the world from a dark room inside a ship.

Action:
Go to the cargo hold, try to feel the world and its order.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7634 on: November 04, 2013, 07:43:18 pm »

"Ah..."
Ah. So there were two.
"I was speaking with a man outside about an artifact I'm questing for?"
Pages: 1 ... 507 508 [509] 510 511 ... 719