Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 369 370 [371] 372 373 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 557535 times)

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 5: The Path of Dreams
« Reply #5550 on: June 24, 2013, 12:38:28 pm »

Head on in. Be courteous and polite, especially to the women. Old habits die hard.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #5551 on: June 24, 2013, 01:58:54 pm »

Head to the slaughterhouse. Request cleaver and sharp knives in exchange for making amazing culinary masterpiece out of a cow.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5552 on: June 24, 2013, 02:15:03 pm »

Scan the water for the two missing compatriots, tying a rope to a harpoon he will 'help' them up.
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #5553 on: June 24, 2013, 03:27:57 pm »

[Noticed the same thing Tom, I wanted to actually suggest we use the pole arm, but didn't know how well received that would of been.

I agree with yah Killer, thought the smoke was going to kill me and I might get an action or two to get Sigmund away, but Morton seems okay for now.]

"It might be the effect of the hate tree. I can most certainly say the smoke of burning its branches is... Quite painful experience, yes." Morton states in his typical understating way. "Do you believe we might wind up like Mark now, covered in mushrooms? How ever did he manage to get them off I wonder..."

"We can most certainly try again under more normal circumstances however, good Sir Sigmund, but I do not suggest we edge near the fire while it burns. I'm afraid it seems to be... A touch unfriendly, indeed."

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5554 on: June 24, 2013, 03:40:12 pm »

Sigmund realized that he didn't want to have fungi growing inside of him, he said to Morton, in a worried tone:

-We should ask Mark how to remove the mushroom, before it finds us as suitable hosts. I agree that that smoke doesn't look very healthy. We should use another kind of wood to burn. Where did you say that there was the wood pile?

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5555 on: June 24, 2013, 04:28:57 pm »

"It was where the back door of the manor once was, should still be there if the fire pit survived." Morton commented about the wood pile. "Surgeon Mark should know how to remove the mushroom, if he managed to do such himself. Do you believe we should attempt under more normal circumstances, or perhaps instead focus on the possibility that we may be infested with hate tree tainted spores?" The burned butler asked. "We could worry about certain infestations later, after we've dealt with the regular variety, otherwise we might become infested again after all."

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5556 on: June 24, 2013, 04:47:15 pm »

Sigmund added to Morton's reasoning:

-While what you say is truth, we don't know if the mushroom has been affected by the hate tree at all.

After saying this, Sigmund inspects the mushroom and tries to deduce if it is different from the original ones he saw on Mark.

((If this is indeed a hateful mushroom, I want to make it sentient and have it as a pet. (Disregard that, as it's just a childish and unfunded wish I suddenly had)))

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5557 on: June 24, 2013, 05:37:42 pm »

"Hm... I suppose you are correct good Sir Sigmund. I'm just not one privy to chances, if the smoke was affected what is to say the mushroom isn't as well? I don't believe they are normally this red... But either way, good Sir Sigmund, I do not suggest approaching the oar in your current state, let me, in case the smoke tries to act strangely again." With that, Morton tries to get the oar and bring it over to the both of them without coming into contact with the smoke.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5558 on: June 25, 2013, 05:41:14 am »

In the sea of Shriekpot...

Mark decides to follow the large, dark shape in the water that the equally dark shape of Kevin seems to be dangling behind! After all, Kevin is both integral to his plans and possibly his sort-of buddy!

[? escape roll: 1+1]
[Mark pursuit roll: 2-1]

As the shape meanders away slowly, Mark does his best to follow it! However, being made of solid steel at the bottom of the sea does him few favors, so a leisurely walk is all he can manage.

[Tree endurance roll: 5-1]

It's not too bad, really - the tree seems to be getting used to being dunked in salt water, really.

[? escape roll: 6+1]
[Mark pursuit roll: 6-1]

Mark decides to get himself into gear and starts to propel himself toward the thing, but the creature sees him coming in the process, then chooses to rapidly flee, taking Kevin with it and swimming away until its shape can no longer be discerned in the dark nighttime sea. Bugger.

[Tree endurance roll: 6-1]

The disappointment is quite enough to keep him going, really. Stupid aquatic creatures, kidnapping people left and right.

At a rather hateful fire pit...

Sigmund, sick of being a dreadful invalid, tries to figure out a way of walking about with crutches.

[Walking roll: 5]

After a bit of practicing, he realizes that they're not strictly necessary - he can just walk on his freakishly long spore-encrusted arms! They're certainly long enough.

"It might be the effect of the hate tree. I can most certainly say the smoke of burning its branches is... quite painful experience, yes. Do you believe we might wind up like Mark now, covered in mushrooms? How ever did he manage to get them off I wonder..." Morton muses on the recent turns of events. "We can most certainly try again under more normal circumstances however, good Sir Sigmund, but I do not suggest we edge near the fire while it burns. I'm afraid it seems to be... A touch unfriendly, indeed."

"We should ask Mark how to remove the mushroom, before it finds us as suitable hosts. I agree that that smoke doesn't look very healthy. We should use another kind of wood to burn. Where did you say that there was the wood pile?"

"It was where the back door of the manor once was, should still be there if the fire pit survived." Morton comments, ever-helpful in matters of guidance. "Surgeon Mark should know how to remove the mushroom, if he managed to do such himself. Do you believe we should attempt under more normal circumstances, or perhaps instead focus on the possibility that we may be infested with hate tree tainted spores? We could worry about certain infestations later, after we've dealt with the regular variety, otherwise we might become infested again, after all."

"While what you say is truth, we don't know if the mushroom has been affected by the hate tree at all."

Sigmund takes a look at the mushroom. Among the things that are different are the fact that it's a distinct shade of reddish-brown all over rather than just a dark tan with a lighter cap, and it also looks far larger and... more mature? It'd have to be, you know. It did just blow its offspring all around the area, after all.

Speaking of offspring, there do seem to be more mushrooms like the one on the oar beginning to grow around the fire pit. That's rather interesting.

Morton, unaware of Sigmund's observations, continues. "Hm... I suppose you are correct good Sir Sigmund. I'm just not one privy to chances, if the smoke was affected what is to say the mushroom isn't as well? I don't believe they are normally this red... But either way, good Sir Sigmund, I do not suggest approaching the oar in your current state, let me, in case the smoke tries to act strangely again."

Morton then quickly retrieves the oar, making sure to stand well away from the smoke in the process.

Within a hilltop fort...

Darren heads right into the town hall, looking for people to meet and greet.

However, the building's only occupant is a hideously old man with an awfully long, completely gray beard sitting in a comfy chair in the middle of the largest room. He turns to Darren and smiles a toothless smile.

"Ah, hello, youngster! Yer one a them dead fellers, right? Ghosts? I'm Elder Yunfunt. Who're ya, why're ya here and how can I be helpin' ya?"

In the mean streets of Shriekpot...

Niklas, taking the coin, heads down to the slaughterhouse, reaching it rather soon. It's a rather large building, and it smells distinctly awful. Walking up to the front door, he knocks.

Nobody answers, though. Probably because it's the middle of the night.

On the deck of the shrieking ship of Shriekpot...

Scott looks over the railing of the deck, scanning the waters for Mark and Kevin.

Despite the dark, he notices a large, dark shape moving about some distance away, causing noticeable ripples in the water and a smaller, shape following behind it. Okay, harpooning time!

[Scott vs. ?: 5 vs. 2+1-1]

He takes careful aim, then hurls a harpoon at the larger shape! Shockingly enough, it strikes through, piercing it! This seems to make it rather angry. Scott grabs the rope tied to the harpoon and tries to secure it.

[Opposed Strength: Scott vs. ?: 6+1 vs. 1]

However, no fish or whatever can match the strength of somebody with no regard for their own safety. Scott takes the rope, secures it around the mast, then gets to pulling. The shape appears to be incapable of providing much resistance to Scott, injured as it is, so it is dragged toward the ship, leaving a pronounced trail of blood. By the time it reaches the ship, it looks to have expired. Fortunately, Kevin hasn't done the same.

Pulling the thing back on deck, Scott notices that the creature is most certainly a fish - large, predatory fish of some kind, resembling something like a catfish, though its teeth are unusually large and its jaw unusually powerful. Kevin, strange and creepy as he is, looks mostly unharmed, only the hook on his back is stuck inside the fish's mouth.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5559 on: June 25, 2013, 05:48:36 am »

Mark seeing the fish get lifted out of the water thinks two words "KARMA MOTHERFUCKER" before he swims for the boat.
(I hope the RNG isn't feeling ironic and kills me before I get out of the water)
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5560 on: June 25, 2013, 05:58:08 am »

Mark seeing the fish get lifted out of the water thinks two words "KARMA MOTHERFUCKER" before he swims for the boat.
(I hope the RNG isn't feeling ironic and kills me before I get out of the water)

You didn't actually see the fish get lifted out, to tell the truth. It disappeared from sight before that.

Also, you can't swim. At all. Side effect of being made largely of solid steel.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5561 on: June 25, 2013, 06:12:41 am »

You didn't actually see the fish get lifted out, to tell the truth. It disappeared from sight before that.

Also, you can't swim. At all. Side effect of being made largely of solid steel.
I thought a giant shadow getting dragged over me back to the boat would have been seen
any way
Mark remembering the weapons on the boat walks out of the water then heads back to the boat
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5562 on: June 25, 2013, 06:22:19 am »

Sigmund pointed at the tiny mushrooms growing by the fire pit:

-Look! It seems that now we don't need to keep trying to grow this mushroom anymore. Now we just need some things to carry them.

Sigmund will go inside the house and look for:
-A blanket.
-Flasks.
-Failed the former, glasses.

Then he will ask back his guisarme and will pick a mushroom growing around the fire pit with it.

He then will say to Morton, as he hands him the mushroom:

-This mushroom can be perfectly used for making poison, there is no need to remove the big one from the oar.

Sigmund will the try to put the spores covering his body into a flask/glass.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5563 on: June 25, 2013, 09:05:10 am »

"Indeed, the mushrooms grow at a rather expedient pace. Although the coloration worries me a trifle... Do be careful of the smoke, good Sir Sigmund, a quite painful experience it is." Morton explained, ready to pull Sigmund away if he gets caught up in the smoke.

Morton will return Sigmund's guisarme, and accept the smaller mushroom. "As you say, good Sir Sigmund, these will indeed be quite helpful, we can attempt to make a new batch of the paste with this quite readily I believe." Morton helps Sigmund with his search, both with the carrying of said found objects and finding them.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5564 on: June 25, 2013, 09:52:42 am »

After everything, Sigmund will say to Morton:

-While we wait for the fire to extinguish, should we gather wood from the pile?

Sigmund looks for the wood pile, takes some logs, and puts them near the place he had been stting around (that means, away from the fire)
Pages: 1 ... 369 370 [371] 372 373 ... 719