Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 367 368 [369] 370 371 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 557525 times)

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 5: The Path of Dreams
« Reply #5520 on: June 23, 2013, 10:40:02 am »

Sigmund looked at the mushroom-oar and said:

-It was made of rubber, right? it seems that that material can melt. Interesting...

He then looks for a branch (preferably not the one he has from the hateful tree) and tries to remove the mushroom from the oar.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5521 on: June 23, 2013, 10:40:42 am »

Mark checked through the book let on rituals and what he would need
((I'm in town if you can find me you can ask but you may want to talk to the transmuter))
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5522 on: June 23, 2013, 10:46:53 am »

((I think I will call you when I'm missing something. The transmuter can fix broken bones by welding them to one other, I believe))

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #5523 on: June 23, 2013, 11:09:30 am »

[Oh crap the ninja is on your head Niklas!]

Morton looked at the mushroom-oar. "You think the smoke might of affected it, good Sir Sigmund? Yes, it is made out of rubber if what good Mage Erin says was true." Morton aids Sigmund in his attempt to remove the mushroom from the oar.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 11:20:44 am by Xanmyral »

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5524 on: June 23, 2013, 11:26:28 am »

Sigmund stopped Morton from trying:

-Grab something to help you, you don't want to touch this, not if it has grown recently. It can eat your arm, remember what happened to Mark, and he was made of metal.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5525 on: June 23, 2013, 11:30:43 am »

[Was meaning for him to bring the oar around for you to pry it off easier, and to work with you holding it, but the wording was very vague on my part.]

"Hm... Agreed good Sir Sigmund." Morton nodded, then holds the oar by propping it up with his forearm and holding it with his armpit, and goes to grab a non-hate tree stick along with Sigmund, to try along with him to pry it off with said stick.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5526 on: June 23, 2013, 11:32:43 am »

((It's better to state things as clearly as possible in these games. I remember about what happened with Mr. Noone and laugh))

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5527 on: June 23, 2013, 12:04:29 pm »

"No, no, there's no need. Why the 'cripes' though? People come through here for this sort of thing often?"
Head inside.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5528 on: June 23, 2013, 01:53:40 pm »

On the shrieking ship of Shriekpot...

Scott, hardly able to contain his excitement, beams at everyone present on deck!

"I have flammamamamables! Now I just need a flint and steel..."

While he beams like a miniature sun, he notices a rather sad-looking Kevin. Poor Kevin. Scott goes up to him and gives the spiky abomination a hug.

Oh, look, Kevin's giant, funny face seems to be mouthing something! 'Change me back', Scott thinks he's saying. How quaint.

At a fire pit next to the Yaleson house...

Sigmund looks at the rather large mushroom. Hm, interesting.

"It was made of rubber, right? It seems that that material can melt. Interesting..."

He then looks for a non-hateful stick for the speedy removal of the mushroom. Unfortunately, having a broken pelvis hardly helps matters any, so he is left wanting in this respect.

"You think the smoke might've affected it, good Sir Sigmund? And yes, it is made out of rubber if what good Mage Erin says was true."

"Grab something to help you, you don't want to touch this, not if it has grown recently. It can eat your arm, remember what happened to Mark, and he was made of metal."

"Hm... agreed, good Sir Sigmund."

Morton also takes up the search, prodded by the physically-challenged Sigmund. He finds that none of the locally available branches he wouldn't have to climb up a tree for are more than a single meter in length. Whether this is good enough remains to be seen.

In the streets of Shriekpot...

Wandering through the mean streets, Mark does a double check on that whole ritual thing. He concludes that he's got all he needs for now to conduct a ritual save for an actual victim. Those really shouldn't be that hard to find, he thinks. After all, there's a victim of a horrible ritualistic slaying born every minute, as the saying goes.

At the gate of a hilltop fort...

Darren, somewhat glad that the guy can see reason, still sees the need for a question.

"No, no, there's no need. Why the 'cripes' though? People come through here for this sort of thing often?"

As he approaches closer, the man lowers his voice.

"Velusian quests are trouble as far as I know - never seen anything good come of them. And the Crown-a-Flowers is much the same thing - tons of adventurers have died in the process of finding the thing."

Darren, passing through the gate effortlessly, finds himself in an austere and, to be frank, quite a backwater of a village. There's several hovels and what looks like a rudimentary town hall in here, but little else.

"You should probably go to the town hall and speak with the elder. He'll want to meet a spirit, particularly a spirit adventurer."

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5529 on: June 23, 2013, 02:04:12 pm »

Sigmund told Morton:

Just grab any object. Those branches, albeit short, may be useful. Would you mind getting one for me?

Sigmund then tries to remove the mushroom from the oar with the branch Morton gives him.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5530 on: June 23, 2013, 02:11:36 pm »

"Of course, good Sir Sigmund." Morton will then hand him one of the small branches, along with a second and third within his reach just in case one breaks or something unexpected happens. Morton will hold the oar steady for Sigmund to do his thing. "That tree was most peculiar... Even burning it seems to render things an oddity."

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5531 on: June 23, 2013, 02:17:31 pm »

Sigmund relied to Morton:

-I'm sure that this oddity is was not caused by that tree at all, Morton. As I said, I think that this material melts when exposed to heat, just that. And the mushroom grows at this speed. I can't say that I had expected it all, but it makes sense.

((Or at least he likes to think it does))

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5532 on: June 23, 2013, 02:27:52 pm »

"Hm... Perhaps you are right, good Sir Sigmund, although I query as to how we are to get it near the fire without exposing ourselves to... Whatever is going on with the fire. Hm... Perhaps I can tie a pot to something long, and use that to send the mushroom along?" Morton ho-hummed as he tried to think of a way to get the mushroom to grow without using the melting oar.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5533 on: June 23, 2013, 02:34:07 pm »

Sigmund thinked, and then answered Morton's question:

-Maybe we can just thrust a branch into the mushroom and lift it that way? I'm sure that with it's growth rate it won't be harmed.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5534 on: June 23, 2013, 02:51:44 pm »

"Indeed." Morton agreed with Sigmund. He continued on a different topic however. "Good Sir Sigmund, after this spot of trouble with the mushroom is over would you like me to fetch you a chair or something perhaps more comfortable to sit on than the ground? You can't seem to stand or walk, and we may be here a while."
Pages: 1 ... 367 368 [369] 370 371 ... 719