Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 370 371 [372] 373 374 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 557531 times)

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 5: The Path of Dreams
« Reply #5565 on: June 25, 2013, 10:47:12 am »

(I love you RNG ^.^))

After a cursory hug with kevin, Scott will say:
"Now for part deux."

Fish for wild Marks

((Where is Niklas when you need him? :P))
« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 10:50:36 am by Innsmothe »
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5566 on: June 25, 2013, 12:11:45 pm »

"Gotta find the crown of flowers."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5567 on: June 25, 2013, 02:00:53 pm »

In the sea near Shriekpot...

Mark, rather in a hurry now to avoid losing all of his precious internal water, tries to get out of the salty depths!

He goes several steps before noticing a bloodied harpoon lowering nearby. And it has a rope, too! How convenient! He grabs on and climbs it out, finding himself in the company of a rather beaming Scott, a somewhat sulky and ambivalent Kevin and a very, very stabbed giant catfish-like thing that still takes the time to flop around a bit and bleed on deck.

[Tree endurance roll: 3]

The tree still seems like it's not doing too well. Mark feels like he's getting smaller in a head sort of sense. Head no feel good.

At a hateful fire pit...

Sigmund looks at the tiny little mushrooms growing around the fire pit, then points at them excitedly for Morton's benefit.

"Look! It seems that now we don't need to keep trying to grow this mushroom anymore. Now we just need some things to carry them."

"Indeed, the mushrooms grow at a rather expedient pace. Although the coloration worries me a trifle... do be careful of the smoke, good Sir Sigmund, a quite painful experience it is."

He handwalks into the house, navigating the gangplank, then looks for supplies of use in such an endeavor. After a short looks around, he comes to the conclusion that there are no flasks or glasses around here. Or blankets in ready availability - wonder who took them all, actually. A bit sad, he walks out, also on his arms, and parks his keister near the fire pit. Oh well. He probably couldn't have gathered any spores with those things anyway, considering that they're invisible to the naked eye while not in a uniform cloud.

"Please hand me my weapon of choice, Morton. The situation demands it."

Sigmund takes the guisarme and uses his freakishly long arms to cut off one small, growing mushroom and fetch it with the sharp hook. He then picks it up in his hand and displays it proudly! It does cause a tingling sensation in his fingers, though.

"This mushroom can be perfectly used for making poison, there is no need to remove the big one from the oar."

He hands the mushroom to Morton, who takes it and looks at it in the bright moonlight, also feeling his fingers tingle.

"As you say, good Sir Sigmund, these will indeed be quite helpful, we can attempt to make a new batch of the paste with this quite readily I believe."

"While we wait for the fire to extinguish, should we gather wood from the pile?"

Morton goes along with Sigmund and they both gather wood, Morton piling it up (as Sigmund, needing his arms for walking, can't really help much) near the fire pit, but not too near.

In a rudimentary town hall...

Darren keeps things short and concise.

"Gotta find the crown of flowers."

Elder Yunfunt giggles childishly.

"The Crown-a-Flowers? Dunno where t'find one o' those. I'd say ask the guy in the Tomb o' Everything - place where all things go ta die. Also known as our general store!"
« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 02:09:49 pm by Harry Baldman »

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5568 on: June 25, 2013, 02:07:39 pm »

Sigmund told to morton:

-Do you feel something unusual about this mushroom? My hand, tingles, it's strange. May it have poisonous properties? I mean, beasides having lung-exploding spores.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #5569 on: June 25, 2013, 02:53:36 pm »

Try to open the door through force!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5570 on: June 25, 2013, 03:00:06 pm »

After seeing Marks wilting form, Scott will try to find some fresh water and fertilizer and administer it to him.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 03:03:17 pm by Innsmothe »
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5571 on: June 25, 2013, 03:04:04 pm »

((If I were Mark, I would dive tree-headfirst in that well again))

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5572 on: June 25, 2013, 03:11:53 pm »

((Aww, I want to overshoot and force feed him manure :P))

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5573 on: June 25, 2013, 03:18:53 pm »

((By force-feed him, and considering that he has no mouth, what do you mean, really? Smashing his tree-head in a pile of cow shit? Well, that would surely be hilarious. Now I'm hoping for an overshoot too))

kahn1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5574 on: June 25, 2013, 05:16:35 pm »

RIP Mark: Death by Cowpat.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5575 on: June 25, 2013, 07:27:46 pm »

Mark gives Kevin a hug concerned for his safety then turns to see Scott approaching.
(Please RNG give Innsmothe a overshoot :))
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #5576 on: June 25, 2013, 07:34:28 pm »

[Poor Kevin, he first got turned into a monstrosity then is getting hugged left and right, hah.]

"Indeed, it is much the same for me as well Good Sir Sigmund... Do you think perhaps its properties have been changed to even effect second-chancers as well? If so, we should be more careful with it."
With that, Morton uses his free hand to snag his cleaning rag, then uses that to handle the mushroom. "Good Sir Sigmund, what did you require of the house? I might have such that would suffice in my pack. As is often said, always be prepared, no?"

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5577 on: June 26, 2013, 03:26:09 am »

At an unusually hateful fire pit...

Sigmund, realizing that perhaps that tingling sensation in his hand isn't really a portent of much good.

"Do you feel something unusual about this mushroom? My hand tingles, it's strange. May it have poisonous properties? I mean, besides having lung-exploding spores."

"Indeed, it is much the same for me as well Good Sir Sigmund... Do you think perhaps its properties have been changed to even affect second-chancers as well? If so, we should be more careful with it."

Morton takes out his trusty cleaning rag and grabs the mushroom with that. The rag blackens noticeably on contact with the thing.

"Good Sir Sigmund, what did you require of the house? I might have such that would suffice in my pack. As is often said, always be prepared, no?"

Sigmund then considers Morton's proposition. What does one really need in unlife?

At a slaughterhouse...

Niklas, sick of all these rude people not having the common decency to answer a wandering lunatic in the middle of the night, tries to force the door open.

[Strength roll: 1+1]

After ramming into it a few times, Niklas concludes that this must be some sort of highly reinforced door, and thus not really responsive to such a treatment. How sad.

On the shrieking ship of Shriekpot...

Scott, seeing Mark get worse, decides to help with some much-needed fresh water and possibly fertilizer as well.

However, he has no real clue where to find something on the ship that fits the bill.

Meanwhile, Mark gives Kevin a hug, minding the massive amounts of sharp spikes on him to prevent any unintentional dulling.

[Mark endurance roll: 4]

He doesn't feel too good, but also not too bad. He ascribes this effect to the hug. Hugs feel good.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #5578 on: June 26, 2013, 03:33:07 am »

Apply concentrated force to the door lock with my helmet!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5579 on: June 26, 2013, 04:57:28 am »

Scott, seeing Mark not dying, will go and find some spare sail cloth to act as the ignition source for his fire bombs.
Pages: 1 ... 370 371 [372] 373 374 ... 719