Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: The Guild 2/ Guild II - The Renaissance  (Read 18790 times)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Guild 2/ Guild II - The Renaissance
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2014, 11:10:59 pm »

Aye, I've noticed that pausing causes issues in that area, so I've avoided it. I do however often switch between the fastest speed and normal speed, which might be a cause.

Anyway, I'm interested to hear your prognosis on the economy once you've played more. Because if they have fixed that somewhat (and the more game ending bugs, which I see at least some stuff about them stopping the whole town being swept into a vortex of whirling bodies, so good sign there.) the game could still be worth playing sometimes.

Exerosp

• Bay Watcher
  • Not Caught Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2014, 04:32:30 am »

If they just fix the inevitable OutOfSync problem when playing multiplayer i'm happy.

FritzPL

• Bay Watcher
  • Changing avatar text since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2014, 04:42:39 am »

Absolutely loved this game a few years ago! Played tons of it with my dad, happy to see that there's been a big patch. I'll probably pick it up on the Steam sale, as I've had a box version but unfortunately lost it.

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2014, 08:58:42 pm »

I've played a bit more and I'm a bit miffed that my characters are aging 4 years per turn, even though I selected the 1 year/turn setting. I'm not sure if this is intended, or some kind of bug. All I know is that I watched my character age at least twice during the Winter of 1444 and I'm struggling to keep up with the whole 'making babies' thing.
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2014, 02:51:20 pm »

Back when I played these games they were awful. I got the game because people kept telling great stories but I found it seriously lacking. Bugs were rampant even in the best version and my games always broke before they got fun.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2014, 08:06:49 pm »

Based purely on this thread, the original game was far more stable and balanced.  Only truly broken thing about the original Guild was moneylenders and the fact you bought their cash reserves when you bought them...meaning a little bit of money could get you a ton of money FAST.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2014, 11:18:35 pm »

I been enjoying 4.20 Seems pretty good so far, though there is a bit of broken dialogue in council meetings it seems. (Not like they were the best anyways but still)
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2014, 02:33:06 am »

I've played a bit more and I'm a bit miffed that my characters are aging 4 years per turn, even though I selected the 1 year/turn setting. I'm not sure if this is intended, or some kind of bug. All I know is that I watched my character age at least twice during the Winter of 1444 and I'm struggling to keep up with the whole 'making babies' thing.

Oh, I'd better give an update to this before I forget. Turns out this was partially my fault, and partially a game bug. I was starting new games often to get a favourable start, and didn't realise that the years/turn setting wasn't being saved.

But when I went back to look more closely at the problem, I found that if you try to start a new game in the same session, some of the options cannot be changed anymore. So I couldn't change the years/turn without completely restarting the game client.

So yeah, the years/turn works, when it works. :P
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.

amjh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2014, 01:52:14 pm »

Can you buy the buildings off non-dynasty NPCs when they die of old age or does another inherit them?
The truly amazing thing for me here is that a 6 page thread can be created of exceedingly high quality, simply because a group of manic depressive, schizophrenic midgets were able to milk a cow.
Argblarg 5 am not all tiles are done what the

BluarianKnight

• Bay Watcher
  • Gimme a soul, sailor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2014, 02:32:36 pm »

The Guild II is possibly one of my favorite games so far, I enjoy this..
A beautiful lesbian trans lass, I'll punch ya dork.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 31, 2014, 10:52:36 am »

Bought and playing Guild 2 Renaissance.  Lots of fun, although maybe a bit too easy to just kill everyone, bwah ha ha!

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 31, 2014, 05:29:05 pm »

Bought and playing Guild 2 Renaissance.  Lots of fun, although maybe a bit too easy to just kill everyone, bwah ha ha!

Just beware of the infinite respawning guards. No matter how badass you are you can't Bruce Lee the endless horde of guards and baliffs.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 01, 2015, 08:41:20 pm »

Just beware of the infinite respawning guards. No matter how badass you are you can't Bruce Lee the endless horde of guards and baliffs.

Thanks for the advice!
...And thus, Dynasty EuchreJack took up the ambition to control the guards and baliffs.

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 01, 2015, 09:00:24 pm »

I love controlling a town with a entire dynasty.

"I am here to accuse the lord mayor with 8 murders, 7 arson, 3 attempted poisonings, and multiple counts of theft."
"The punishment for crimes in the this town is quite severe.  You have strong evidence."
"I find my husband not guilty."
"I find my father not guilty."
"I find my grandfather not guilty."

Accuser get's mugged right after in the court room by 8 henchmen all in fullplate, while the firebomb in their house goes off.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2015, 10:21:47 pm by Shooer »

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 01, 2015, 09:46:21 pm »

I hear about this game every so often, it still sounds interesting.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.
Pages: 1 [2] 3