Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Will you embrace the changes?

YES PLZ - BEGIN THE AGE OF DWARVES
Yes - These reforms are what Fortresses of the modern Ages need.
Yes - It sounds like a nice thing to try out for a while.
No - I quite like the way things have been and should stay that way.
No - "Healthcare actually does something?"
NOOOO - WHAT ELFY TALK IS THIS, PULL THE LEVER

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: The Age of Enlightenment  (Read 4791 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: The Age of Enlightenment
« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2012, 01:35:55 am »

The minions of Dwarfkind are treated well. Tradesmen and craftsmen are all provided for in luxury befitting kings of lesser races. But the dregs, the garbagedwarves are cast aside. They take up arms to die en mass just so that the REAL warriors don't need to waste their time. I once tortured and murdered dozens of dwarves just so I could see if their restless souls did anything vaguely interesting. When the ‼Scientific‼ mood catches me garbage dwarves beware.
Sorry, for a moment there I forgot we were all psychopaths.

darkgloomie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2012, 11:22:54 am »

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2012, 02:06:05 pm »

Well i usally try to keep my lot alive til one dose somthing impressive or amusing (such as a child knocking out a honey bagger that was enraged ) then i give them a better room and that one is given "honours" and "favors". (Such as fighting in my arean that his entrie failmy died in due to a seige during constuction when he comes of age)

Don Blake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2012, 02:15:19 pm »

In my current fort, all but five of my migrants so far have been unceremoniously sent to a processing chamber, whereing they have been sealed with neither food nor water to prevent them from taking up resources from the founders, the few that have been allowed to survive to serve in the military, and a single child (the only child to show up so far actually- he got over the horrific death of his father pretty quickly once he saw his new room).

Burnup

• Bay Watcher
  • Kill until you can't, Then savescum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 19, 2012, 04:24:47 pm »

For each of my forts, I choose a new leader to roleplay.
I do act as if I am among the dwarves.
So most of my charactors at the very least know it is in their favor to treat others well.
While a few admittedly are not in touch with themselves or others enough to care.

But I find I most definetly lean towards getting everything as perfect, and everyone as happy as I can.
So when I fall, it will be for a definable reason that I can rectify in my next fort.

Sometimes I leave one weakness in my all powerfull fort defenses to see if enemies will take advantage of it.
Most of the time they do not. But I have had giant frogs spring up through the only openning I left in my defense: a well in a highly defended great hall. But I've also had FBs take my sewers as their home, and never come through to my fort. Amusingly enough they just killed other intruders.
Just tell her that you were merely doing what the voices in your head were telling you to do.

napancux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 19, 2012, 05:12:25 pm »

When I first started playing DF I was really trying to make a "perfect fortress" for my dwarves. Building personal bedrooms for everyone, coffers, cabinets and such. But after a while I realized it really takes too much time with no real return.
So now I do just enough to keep 'em content with common barracks, plump helmet everything, plain cloth and some lgendary gold statues in dinning room. Meh.
I build forts to serve some specific purpose, not to make dwarves happy. And I need dorfs to serve their purpose. Satisfying only their basic needs is quite sufficient.
There's no choice. Only will.

Sprin

• Bay Watcher
  • I am Sprin Dragon, Master of Madness!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 19, 2012, 05:51:58 pm »

All my dwarves get rooms smoothed and engraved with a chest and cabnit.
Its only so they have a place to escape to because they live in a hellhole thats frozen above ground...
Some times I do !¡SCIENCE!¡ with danger rooms to see how much abuce a dwarf can take or see if a militery dwarf can defend themselves in combat.
I had one dwarf fall asleep in an iron speared danger room!
I like idle dwarves because I know prisoners and people in the hospital are being fed.
Vamps are killed NOT walled off its just not right to let them suffer anymore than they already have.
Any solder that is a master in his combat is speshal to me they get a bedroom dinningroom and study.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2012, 06:09:45 pm by Sprin »
Quote from: Karnewarrior
HOW DID YOU KNOW I WAS LOOKING UP RULE 34 OF D*CKS?
Sprin is certifiably insane, but there is no denying his brilliance.
Pages: 1 2 [3]