Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Reincarnation program, anyone?

Nopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenope. -breath- Nope.
- 6 (31.6%)
There aren't any wait-listers.....
- 3 (15.8%)
So long as it *is* a new character.
- 7 (36.8%)
Special Snowflake.
- 3 (15.8%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 61

Author Topic: Roll To Dodge (Now with Mountains)  (Read 47666 times)

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Dodge (Now with Mountains)
« Reply #720 on: November 13, 2012, 08:26:51 pm »

"Hey, dragon-man!  Can you help me with my hammer?"
Ask Grek nicely if he could reforge my hammer into a two-handed sword.
"What? Oh, hello there. I guess."
Drink potion, help reforge hammer. With fire breath.
"Hey, dragon-man!  Can you help me with my hammer?"

Might I ask who is going to be doing the actual smithing, and with what? Using a warhammer as a blacksmithing tool isn't going to be a negative modifier, by the way.

I originally thought Grek was to be the black smith, but now I realize how awkward, but possible, it would be to maneuver his neck about like that. I also realized everyone has the same experience, so everyone gets the same minus one modifier for total lack of experience, thus the smith could be anyone.
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: November 13, 2012, 08:35:17 pm »

I'll smith it.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: November 13, 2012, 10:17:47 pm »

If one of you smiths and the other provides the heat maybe I could help by linking minds? Not sure how onyx would do it but i envision it'd be easier for the smith to tell the fire-breather telepathically to get the right temperatures or whatnot.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: November 13, 2012, 10:25:02 pm »

I'll smith it.
I'm also the fire-breather.

Thanks, though.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Fireiy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: November 13, 2012, 10:28:11 pm »

So you didn't get what you wanted. Since I can't seem to dig any deeper...
Shout Objection! at either the rock around the dirt or the lava.

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: November 13, 2012, 10:34:04 pm »

Okeydoke. It was worth a question

Search to see if my old body is laying around somewhere.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: November 14, 2012, 12:35:42 pm »

Ask the others if they know what happened to the hut.
Then try to stop the bleeding.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: November 14, 2012, 12:41:56 pm »

Alright, that bear became needlessly annoying. Use glorious electricity magick powers to manipulate the electricity inside the bear's brain in a manner that overloads the pain center. Head onwards.

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: November 14, 2012, 08:21:40 pm »

Turn Twenty Four

Players:

Sarron

{N/A} Grek complies, and takes your hammer. He begins to forge your newest instrument of death. ((Talking is a free action.))

Gragrar
"Hey! Do either of you know what happened?"

{N/A} ((Talking is a free action.))

Grek
Drink potion, help reforge hammer. With fire breath.

{5} Grek drinks the potion handed to him and keeps the vial. He proceeds to melt down the Adamantine Warhammer into a pile of *Adamantine Wafers. The dragon carries the Wafers to a small rock nearby, he uses his claws to dig a rough shape into it. Grek uses his fire-breath to melt the Wafers into the shape, as the liquid cools into the slightly asymmetrical shape, Grek pries it out. The weapon produced is an Adamantine Two-Handed Sword. The balance is terrible, the tip is a misshapen nigh-flat rectangle with the surface area of a human finger, the cutting edge is jagged, there is no cross guard, the hilt is bare metal, and the entire weapon seems to be brittle.

Klaus
Shout Objection! at either the rock around the dirt or the lava.

{1} The lawyer takes a deep breath, holds it for a moment, then calls out at the highest volume he can manage "OBJECTION!". Instead of some divine force responding to his call, the laws of physics did. A large portion of the cave began to fall inward from the reverberations of his shout. {2} Klaus tries to dodge out of the way of the falling rubble, but one of his legs is caught firmly beneath a huge rock, {3} the leg might be broken.

Valentine
Search to see if my old body is laying around somewhere.

{5} As the disembodied thought bubble combed through the rubble, it spent a short while flitting from pile to pile. Valentine soon came across something odd. Two fingers sticking up from the rubble, Valentine was unsure of whether they were connected to anything else or not. Valentine can make out the corner of the Hut lying nearby.

Unknown Human
Ask the others if they know what happened to the hut.
Then try to stop the bleeding.

{6} You lean over to Grek and use a piece of your pants to wrap his wound. You fail to notice that there is a decent pile of dust and ash on both your pants, and the wound. It becomes infected.

Ynot
Use glorious electricity magick powers to manipulate the electricity inside the bear's brain in a manner that overloads the pain center. Head onwards.

{1} Ynot tries to figure out the complex neural pathways of a feral beast, then fry those pathways to make it feel intense pain. Suffice to say, he found the thyroid gland, overcharged it, and sent the bear into a completely uncontrolled, adrenaline-fueled, mindless, rage.

NPCs:

Arken

{?}

Flora and Fauna

Geoff

{4} 'BLOOD! KILL! KILLKILLKILLLKILLLKILLKILLKILL!' Geoff lashes out at Ynot, teeth reaching for the lizard's throat, closing in on the kill. {3v1} Ynot ducks out of the way, narrowly avoiding having his head ripped off. Geoff lands and spins back to face Ynot. Preparing for another charge.

Spot/Listen Check:
{3} The cloud has settled, the group looks out to see that everything reaching toward the mountains to the East, has been obliterated, anything beyond was either lightly damaged or completely unscathed. There were small plumes of smoke that as they rose seems to trace faint trails through the woods.

Players:

Spoiler: Grek (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Unknown Human (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ynot (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Valentine (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Klaus (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Gragrar (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Sarron (click to show/hide)

NPC(s):

Spoiler: Arken (click to show/hide)

-~-~-

*: Don't ask how the pool of sludge is in wafer form. The world is already cracked at the seams and Physics won't come out of the corner. She's been crying for days.

The results of a five on that weapon may seem a bit harsh, but I do have reasons. There were no proper facilities, no experience, no guidelines. Not exactly the best conditions to learn the fine art of blacksmithing. It's also by no means permanent, you can fix it with either a combination of the following or a selection of your choosing,
  • Re-reforging
  • Addition of a leather grip
  • Using rope/twine and a shaped rock to form a crossguard
  • Anything you can think of
« Last Edit: November 17, 2012, 08:40:31 am by Onyxjew944 »
Greater Collection
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: November 14, 2012, 08:49:22 pm »

"This is the best I've got, let's find a town and see if we can get a decent anvil there."

Test wings. If I can't fly, make a hollow tube.
Sig

Fireiy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: November 14, 2012, 09:31:37 pm »

Get rock off leg!
On the bright side, I might be able to use the rocks to chip away at the rock.

Urist McBeanie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: November 14, 2012, 09:38:44 pm »

Call out to Arken, ((Do I know his name?)) If I hear anything that sounds similar to Dwarvish, head in that direction.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 11:48:30 am by Urist McBeanie »

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: November 15, 2012, 10:27:59 am »

haha oh shit did we at least remember how to do that

Get on that bear and squeeze it as if a cobra. Try to crush the lungs.

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: November 16, 2012, 10:03:40 pm »

Repossess old body

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: November 17, 2012, 04:40:31 pm »

"This is the best I've got, let's find a town and see if we can get a decent anvil there."

Test wings. If I can't fly, make a hollow tube.

Make a hollow tube. Do you mean craft a hollow tube out of the wreckage, or form your wings into a hollow tube shape?

Call out to Arken, ((Do I know his name?)) If I hear anything that sounds similar to Dwarvish, head in that direction.

I believe you do.

Repossess old body

Isn't that body under a half-ton of rubble?
Greater Collection
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 61