Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Reincarnation program, anyone?

Nopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenope. -breath- Nope.
- 6 (31.6%)
There aren't any wait-listers.....
- 3 (15.8%)
So long as it *is* a new character.
- 7 (36.8%)
Special Snowflake.
- 3 (15.8%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 61

Author Topic: Roll To Dodge (Now with Mountains)  (Read 47642 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Dodge (Now with Mountains)
« Reply #105 on: October 21, 2012, 07:50:57 pm »

Huh, so it is.

Head towards puddle.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 21, 2012, 10:48:13 pm »

Don't be sorry for A.I.ing me. If you must, you must.

Grab a ball of water(with my mind!) and offer it to the Dwarf(Arken). Also try to find out what his plight is. Continue offering the cup to Blenk.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 21, 2012, 11:41:02 pm »

Continue searching the forest for food or weapons and something to heal myself.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 22, 2012, 03:03:31 am »

Tophat, just wondering. But does Unknown Human have any knowledge about herbology, alchemy, biology, human anatomy, or chemistry?
No, physics mostly.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Fireiy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 22, 2012, 06:09:51 am »

If it's not too late. I guess I spawn on top of the collapsed platform.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Action: Take a moment to survey surroundings, check self, move towards a type of shelter.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 22, 2012, 09:39:32 am »

Attempt to sell ownership of the forest to the dwarf, while turning his hair into an intricate honeycomb.

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 22, 2012, 04:04:25 pm »

Alright Klaus, you're in. The poll is currently dead-locked(my vote for goblins does not count,). I'll post the next turn tonight, if the poll is still tied by tomorrow and Turn 10, I will assume "Surprise me".

Turn Nine in about an hour.
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 22, 2012, 04:07:31 pm »

(( Noooo we want goblins. I'm a bloody huge yeti I want to rip goblins limb from limb with my enormous hands. ))

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 22, 2012, 04:11:44 pm »

But surprise me translates to whatever sick, twisted, abomination my mind can conjure up. Whatever it is will probably be mind-bogglingly stupid in it's construction while still being mediocre in combat. Something like cannibalistic gingerbread midgets wielding machetes with their feet. (Yes, all the food monsters are because I'm hungry.)

But the vote can still end in goblins.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 04:19:01 pm by Onyxjew944 »
Greater Collection
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 22, 2012, 04:40:24 pm »

Turn Nine

Players:

Unkown Human
Loot Corpses. Inspect vials and herbs.

{1} You do not find anything of value on the corpses. Nor do you pay much attention to them during you searching of their pockets and bags. {5} You, despite knowing nothing of potions, assume correctly that the green ones are poison. The red ones are poison. The blue ones are poison. And the Purple ones cure stomach aches. As for the herbs, they are varied, but unknown to you.

Blenk
Blenk will try and...Somehow...heal. Make sure to bandage any wounds. No need to worry about disease/sickness, trolls live in putrid swamps most of their lives.

{2} You try to use your healing magic and the lives of the flora around you as reagents, but you fail to summon the necessary concentration.

Bork
Scream something in Swedish before tossing one of the wooden knifes at the dwarf's feet. Calm down and sitting on the ground.

{5} You cry out at the top of your lungs, a guttural roar followed by a call of "Min mamma är en get!" You follow up by throwing one of your knives into Arken's left foot. It penetrates the leather and embeds in his foot. You then sit down and think about what you will eat tomorrow.

Grek
Head towards puddle.

{N/A} You walk to the puddle.

Valentine
Grab a ball of water(with my mind!) and offer it to the Dwarf(Arken). Also try to find out what his plight is. Continue offering the cup to Blenk.

{4} You lift a ball of water out of the nearby river and levitate it to Arken.(slightly confused about why you did that.) {6 }You attempt to telepath images and emotions to Arken to succeed where words have failed, but, as he is unused to telepathy, he recoils from the contact and looks about frantically.

Josh
Continue searching the forest for food or weapons and something to heal myself.

{4} You find some berries on a nearby shrub. You also break off a sizable log from a nearby tree with your brutish strength. You are now carrying it over your shoulder.

Klaus
Take a moment to survey surroundings, check self, move towards a type of shelter.

{6} You stand up on the Wreckage. You examine your body. You notice you are wearing nothing but short tattered torn leather trousers. You look up and notice a forest, a river, a steep cliff face directly in front of you, and mountains surrounding you.

Ynot
Attempt to sell ownership of the forest to the dwarf, while turning his hair into an intricate honeycomb.

{5} The dwarf somehow understands the giant eel, and more oddly doesn't immediately try to slay it, but refuses. Arken does not want a forest. You use static electricity to turn his hair into a complicated maze of catacombs.

NPCs:

Arken
Continue trying to get a message across to the assortment of odd creatures around him.

{4} Arken finally find someone who understands him. Ynot. Arken tells Ynot of the dangerous storm winds incoming that will bury this valley in six feet of snow. As it does every year. Arken heard the platform collapse and came running. He has been trying to warn you of the imminent death.

Players:

Blenk

Half-Ogre
Standing on the Wreckage.
Clothed in torn leather trousers.
Soaked. Broken nose. Broken false rib. Internal and External Bleeding.
Speaks Common. Novice Healing. Dabbling Nature Control/Druid. Novice Terramancer. Mind is Fuzzy.

Grek

Half-Dragon
Standing by the puddle.
Soaked.
Fire Breath. Mighty. Flight. Immunity to Heat. Klutz.

Josh

Yeti
Wandering the forest.
Holding three red berries. Wielding a log (plus two bashing damage. Minus one agility). Clothed in torn leather trousers.
Ruptured knee muscles. Long cut. The water staunches your bleeding. You are no longer in pain.
Speaks Common. Mighty. Agile. Resistance to Cold. Low I.Q. Maimed.

Unknown Human

Human.
Inside the hut.
Unharmed.
Speaks Common.

Ynot

Eel.
Standing by the puddle.
Soaked.
Novice Teslamancer. (You can now control small(as in fist sized) clouds to move about and release non-lethal(as in bee sting) lightning.)

Valentine

Human.
Holding a (very) roughly cup-shaped piece of metal filled with water. Clothed in torn leather trousers.
Soaked.
Speaks Martian. Novice Telepath (2 uses). Novice Telekinetic (2 uses).

Bork

Human.
Sitting by the puddle.
Holding a wooden cleaver and one wooden knife. Wielding a wooden club. Clothed in torn leather trousers.
Soaked. Heavy bruising of the arm. Three broken toes. Broken nose. Bleeding. Great pain.
Speaks Swedish. Maimed. Charged. Wound.

Klaus

Human
Unharmed.
Speaks English. Novice Sonic attacks.

NPC(s):

Arken

Standing by the puddle.
Wielding unknown weapon. Clothed fully in leather clothing. (leather toga, leather pants, leather shirt underneath the toga, leather boots.)
Hair is now a honeycomb. Has a wooden knife in his foot. Pain.
Speaks Dwarvish.

Spot/Listen Check:
{6} The plume of smoke abruptly dissipates. It is now night. Arken speaks the truth! The storm is approaching swiftly. Two turns remain.

-~-~-
If you are wondering. Bork said "My mother is a goat!". I figured utter insanity deserved equally random expletives.

Alright. In case you were wondering, the storm will not kill you. It will just kill you in three turns of hypothermia. It does not affect areas beyond the forest, river, or inside the hut. It is coming in two turns.

Grek, you got a roll of N/A because I am no longer rolling for actions you shouldn't be capable of failing. So if it's something that is incredibly simple, you will get a success and an N/A.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 04:42:33 pm by Onyxjew944 »
Greater Collection

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 22, 2012, 04:52:38 pm »

Go deeper into the forest, Eat the berries and continue looking for food.

(( How long will the knees and cut takes to heal? ))

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 22, 2012, 04:53:53 pm »

Go back to the hut, bored by the situation. Use my wooden weapons to whittle themselves into sharper wooden weapons.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 22, 2012, 05:09:18 pm »

I had actually forgotten about the cut. It's healed by now. Anything in red, which is broken, mangled, or severely damaged, requires medical attention to heal.
Greater Collection

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 22, 2012, 05:17:25 pm »

Take the vials into inventory. Look more closely at the corpses.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: October 22, 2012, 05:43:36 pm »

Try to help Arken.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 61