Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Reincarnation program, anyone?

Nopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenope. -breath- Nope.
- 6 (31.6%)
There aren't any wait-listers.....
- 3 (15.8%)
So long as it *is* a new character.
- 7 (36.8%)
Special Snowflake.
- 3 (15.8%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 61

Author Topic: Roll To Dodge (Now with Mountains)  (Read 47630 times)

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Dodge (Now with Mountains)
« Reply #90 on: October 20, 2012, 03:01:37 am »

Look for anything else useful. Hope the hut's rightful owner is far, far away.
Otherwise:
The unknown human is 5' 9" (average height for a Brit.) and you have no idea what he's been doing recently, but he has a knack for starting fires and a basic understanding of nuclear physics.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 20, 2012, 05:17:21 am »

Slither to dwarf.

Examine closely.

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 20, 2012, 08:26:33 pm »

he has a knack for starting fires and a basic understanding of nuclear physics.

Oh. That is going to be very interesting.
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 20, 2012, 08:54:21 pm »

Examine Sharp Weapons collected. Try to find something to heal my wounds, before walking over to the eel-thing.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 20, 2012, 08:59:22 pm »

Somehow, I doubt the relationship between those actions.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 21, 2012, 05:31:49 pm »

Turn Eight

Josh
Once awake start searching the forest for food.

{3} You wake up and climb down from your tree, you search about for about half an hour but do not find anything that is edible.

Grek
Investigate groans.

{1} You cannot seem to locate whatever is making the noise.

Unknown Human
Look for anything else useful. Hope the hut's rightful owner is far, far away.

{6} You manage to find two cabinets full of salted and cured meat, unknown animal. {1} You do not find anything useful on the bookshelf. {5} But through some addtional searching you find a small cellar. Filled with barrels of unknown content, a few glass vials, various herbs and roots, and a couple corpses.

Ynot
Slither to dwarf. Examine closely.

{4} You slither over to the dwarf who is greatly happy to finally be recognized. You stare at him with great intensity. He seems to be armed, wearing leather clothing, he is approximately four feet tall with a brown double-plaited beard and shaggy unkempt hair.

Bork
Examine Sharp Weapons collected. Try to find something to heal my wounds, before walking over to the eel-thing.

{1} Turns out, the odd little hermit only had wooden tools. You are holding a Wooden cleaver and two wooden medium-sized knives. {2} You do not find any healing items. You are now standing next to the Dwarf and Ynot.

{4} A.I. Valentine
Valentine tries to pull the strut off of Blenk.

{2} Valentine does not make any progress toward removing the strut.

{4} A.I. Blenk
Blenk tries to push the metal off of himself.

{5} Blenk got the strut off his chest. He is no longer pinned. Blenk stands up.

Dwarf
I give praise to the Northern gods that these thick morons noticed me. I try to explain my purpose to the reptile.

{2} Dwarf(Whose name is Arken, coincidentally), yells, pleads, beseechs, make hand gestures, even goes so far as to slap you in frustration. But is incapable of conveying his message in a way you can understand.

Players:

Blenk

Half-Ogre
Standing on the Wreckage.
Clothed in torn leather trousers.
Soaked. Broken nose. Broken false rib. Internal and External Bleeding.
Speaks Common. Novice Healing. Dabbling Nature Control/Druid. (I will include the elemental magic when you say whatever element it is.) Mind is Fuzzy.

Grek

Half-Dragon
Soaked.
Fire Breath. Mighty. Flight. Immunity to Heat. Klutz.

Josh

Yeti
Wandering the forest.
Ruptured knee muscles. Long cut. The water staunches your bleeding. You are no longer in pain.
Speaks Common. Mighty. Agile. Resistance to Cold. Low I.Q. Maimed.

Unknown Human

Human.
Inside the hut.
Unharmed.
Speaks Common.

Ynot

Eel.
Standing by the puddle.
Soaked.
Dabbling Teslamancer. (1 use!)

Valentine

Human.
Holding a (very) roughly cup-shaped piece of metal filled with water. Clothed in torn leather trousers.
Soaked.
Speaks Martian. Novice Telepath. Novice Telekinetic.

Bork

Human.
Standing by the puddle.
Holding a wooden cleaver and two wooden knives. Wielding a wooden club. Clothed in torn leather trousers.
Soaked. Heavy bruising of the arm. Three broken toes. Broken nose. Bleeding. Great pain.
Speaks Swedish. Maimed. Charged. Wound.

NPC(s):

Arken

Standing by the puddle.
Wielding unknown weapon. Clothed fully in leather clothing. (leather toga, leather pants, leather shirt underneath the toga, leather boots.)
Unharmed.
Speaks Dwarvish.

Spot/Listen Check:
{5} That plume of smoke has gotten closer. It is approximately 50 feet off into the forest. It has not gotten any larger. The Dwarf is wielding a mace of some kind. You see more clouds on the horizon.

-~-~-
As for the NPC. He is fully fleshed out and everything is currently sitting on the master document, it's just a matter of spot checks, asking the right questions, and, naturally, luck whether or not these things come to light. Most of it was probably wasted effort as no doubt someone/thing/Evil NPC will kill him before half of it comes into play. But that's just part of the fun.

Yes, I did say those butchery tools were steel at some point earlier, but it's a 1. I have to do something to screw you royally, and I would rather not make you accidentally destroy the only decent(and I am stretching that definition) weapons in game just yet.

Oh yes, and the invulnerability is of the Deus Ex Machina variety; you will still get hurt, you will still bleed, you will still have awful dodging, armor class, and every other sad little thing low-level, ill-equipped adventurers have, but you will have absolutely insane luck. I.E. Just as the Goblin swordsmen(Swordsgoblin?) is about to skewer you a bolt of lightning strikes his raised sword! Shattering the blade and stunning the goblin.

Sorry about the A.I.'s, but it's nearing two full days. The show must go on.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2012, 06:01:54 pm by Onyxjew944 »
Greater Collection
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 21, 2012, 05:35:15 pm »

Loot corpses. Inspect vials and herbs.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 21, 2012, 05:40:13 pm »

Tophat, just wondering. But does Unknown Human have any knowledge about herbology, alchemy, biology, human anatomy, or chemistry?
« Last Edit: October 21, 2012, 05:45:00 pm by Onyxjew944 »
Greater Collection

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 21, 2012, 05:51:36 pm »

Sorry!

Blenk's element will, of course, be Earth. And the rest sounds fine, thank you.

Blenk will try and...Somehow...heal. Make sure to bandage any wounds. No need to worry about disease/sickness, trolls live in putrid swamps most of their lives.

Also, select Goblins, guys. I love murdering goblins! Easy, plenty of experience, hordes of the buggers...
« Last Edit: October 21, 2012, 06:24:11 pm by Caerwyn »

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 21, 2012, 06:01:08 pm »

((Just so you know, my goal in this is to royally screw everyone and everything, including myself, over. Good luuuck!))

Scream something in Swedish before tossing one of the wooden knifes at the dwarf's feet. Calm down and sitting on the ground.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 21, 2012, 06:48:53 pm »

Rant
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
That rant went completely off topic.
Greater Collection

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 21, 2012, 07:08:16 pm »

Oh, wait, where am I?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 21, 2012, 07:26:02 pm »

I think you're still standing on the Wreckage. You didn't find Blenk groaning last turn, but you can just see him standing up now.

Unrelated:

I had to vote in the poll so I could see the results, but I'm not counting my vote. Which was for Goblins. And I just picked that because it's the first option. No real reason.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2012, 07:27:35 pm by Onyxjew944 »
Greater Collection

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 21, 2012, 07:43:31 pm »

Can I see where the dwarf is?
Sig

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 21, 2012, 07:46:38 pm »

I actually include the locations of everyone, NPCs and PCs alike, in the status report below the turn results. It's the first entry right under the name. His entry is currently under "Arken". But to actually answer your question, he is standing by the puddle everyone seems to be congregating around.

Unless you meant relative to your position, because I just now realize I am the only one who has proverbially "seen the map". The Puddle is about ten to twenty feet from the Wreckage.

If everyone would like me to, I could make a rough sketch of the map and release it, barring unforeseen complications, in a few days.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2012, 07:52:26 pm by Onyxjew944 »
Greater Collection
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 61