Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10

Author Topic: A bay12 lower boards IRC.  (Read 14292 times)

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
Re: A bay12 lower boards IRC.
« Reply #105 on: October 19, 2012, 01:34:47 pm »

Addendum:

I'm not certain anyone's felt this way yet, but if my suspicions are correct... If anyone in the channel has a problem with any other member, I suggest you bring it up with me. I can understand taking the high road and just leaving if people are bothering you, but I'd prefer that didn't happen, so if you need an arbiter I'll be happy to oblige. (or you can settle it mano mano, like some people have advocated, but do that in a private chat, hehe).

I don't want anyone feeling uncomfortable. Don't let things grate on you unnecessarily.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 19, 2012, 08:03:52 pm »

How do you solve things hand-to-hand in IRC? I'm scared.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 19, 2012, 08:22:39 pm »

How do you solve things hand-to-hand in IRC? I'm scared.
Why don't you stop being a snarky ass and just discuss this instead of wording your posts like you're under personal attack. Christ man, not everyone is out to get you.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 19, 2012, 08:31:34 pm »

That was a joke.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 19, 2012, 08:50:17 pm »

Oh, sorry then. Doesn't translate well over text.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 19, 2012, 09:04:05 pm »

I'm out to get him.

What's your favorite pony, G-Flex? ;D
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 19, 2012, 10:35:27 pm »

Which is why you should check if something's a joke before responding to it aggressively?

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 20, 2012, 04:51:04 am »

Which is why you should check if something's a joke before responding to it aggressively?
Wich is not always evident if a person has been aggresive in his... 10? Last posts in a thread.
But i like the option "fight it out in private chat".

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #113 on: October 20, 2012, 12:04:01 pm »

Well, I don't think I'm going onto the lower boards channel again.

Ignorance is a thing to be pounced upon.

Addendum: The direct reason is G-flex and Smeding's lack of respect to everyone, eagerness to attack, and idea that bay12irc != bay12, where generally  courtesy is encouraged.
Add2: mostly G, not S. :/
« Last Edit: October 20, 2012, 12:12:03 pm by Skyrunner »

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 20, 2012, 12:38:14 pm »

I'm probably staying away myself. As someone with a severe lack of self-esteem and depression issues, I can't really handle being insulted, even if I should know better than to let it get to me.

Sorry, Kai.
Nothing important here, move along.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 20, 2012, 02:02:21 pm »

I come to B12 mostly because people here (generally) aren't condescending, aggressive jerks. So yeah, not going to to be back. Not that it's your fault, kaijyuu.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 20, 2012, 03:11:22 pm »

* kaijyuu sighs

Anyone have any logs before I do anything? I'd like to see the offending conversations.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 20, 2012, 03:27:04 pm »

I didn't bother. It was only a few mild negative remarks about liking ponies. For all I know, it could have been joking, but it didn't have any indication and I felt like it would either continue and get me emotionally unstable if I stayed or someone would start arguing back and cause drama. I'd say who it was, but I'm not confident that I remember it right and I don't want to unjustly blame anyone.
Nothing important here, move along.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 20, 2012, 03:42:33 pm »

Okay, I picked up some logs and I'll go through them. If there are any particular times people want me to look at in the last 24 hours, just tell me (PM if you want it to be private).

I want everyone to be comfortable here. Ultimately that will take some effort on everyone's part (to not be abrasive, and to not be hypersensitive) so I'll decide if there's any fault here or not, and will take action if necessary.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: October 20, 2012, 03:58:38 pm »

If you're at the point where you're not only unable to deal with criticism of yourself but also unable to deal with criticism of a show you like then that's a pretty big issue.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10