Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 36

Author Topic: Roll to Raptor: Turn 31 - Where the Buffalo Roam  (Read 68408 times)

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Raptor - Turn 22: Coming and Goings
« Reply #375 on: November 26, 2012, 02:21:25 pm »

Ripmaw followed Hooktoe toward Moonfang and the Deathbringer. He watched the bigger creature carefully, and tried to get a better look at the possible prescence of two smaller creatures near it, in a non threatening manner.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: November 26, 2012, 02:23:41 pm »

Hooktoe butted the side of his head against Strider's in response before continuing on with Ripmaw to see what was going on.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Joben

• Bay Watcher
  • Elder Thing
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Lizard Gear
« Reply #377 on: November 26, 2012, 11:11:15 pm »

Ripmaw could barely make anything out past a few dozen feet with his eyes,

(It's unfortunate you guys flanderized Hooktoe into a damn idiot before he even said anything. :P Now if he says anything the slightest bit intelligent it sounds OOC.)

Reel him back into just slightly dim then, he's your guy. :)

To both of you, a -1 doesn't mean it's a critical handicap. If you want to RP that way it's cool, but you aren't required to by the stats. It can just mean you arn't especially clever or very observant.
Broken Arrow - A small stats tweak to fix unrealistically overpowered arrows and bolts.

My RTD games: Roll To Raptor (On hold), Dino Arena

Joben

• Bay Watcher
  • Elder Thing
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Lizard Gear
« Reply #378 on: November 27, 2012, 12:03:30 am »

((Now who would do that to Hooktoe?! Rocks are smart! They have...sodium.))

"Ahh. Good. Thanks Hooktoe!"

Moonfang turned back to address the Deathbringer.

"No fire large-one! We are just passing by because of the presence of The Great One nearby. Our pack is relocating to somewhere safe, do you know a place where we can go?"

Ask the presumed deathbringer!

((I love seemingly obliviousness :D))

((Talking is a free action, you can chat with the Deathbringer between turns without requiring an Action, as can anyone but Ironhide probably for simplicity sake.))

The Deathbringer responds, as it speaks you get used to it's accent and dialent and there are fewer words you can't make out at all.

"Great Ones *** **** trouble. One ***** our kill * *** days ago. Trouble *** us both it seems. Do *** know where it sleeps? We *** new ** this land."

"* ** not know where you can go. My ***** will probably let you pass. We are *** hungry and there are many of you."

It's unclear if this last was a joke or simply a pragmatic statement. There is too much of a culture gap.

She dips her head and says quietly: "**** father about the Great One nearby *** the little Hunters it *********."

You now see a much smaller version of her poke it's head through the ferns. You get the impression that its head and shoulders taller than you.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 12:07:56 am by Joben »
Broken Arrow - A small stats tweak to fix unrealistically overpowered arrows and bolts.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: November 27, 2012, 01:19:45 pm »

((IT'S A WIDDLE BABY! :D And I prefer to RP it as Ripmaw being nearsighted, gives him a little more character. It plays into the whole "Bullying douche" thing pretty well, because he bullys to keep others from noticing he's somewhat disadvantaged. I'm trying to make him have believable motivations. :) ))

Ripmaw cocked his head curiously at the younger of the two Deathbringers, and sniffed, trying to get a sense of it. He didn't approach any closer, not wanting to provoke any unnecessary violence, but he squinted and tried to get a good idea of what it looked like, having never seen either a Deathbringer, or a baby Deathbringer before. While Moonfang spoke with the bigger creature, Ripmaw gently trilled at the smaller one, "Hey. You look like a child, but you're even bigger than me. How old are you?"
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: November 27, 2012, 05:03:46 pm »

Err...

"Great Ones *** **** trouble. One ***** our kill * *** days ago. Trouble *** us both it seems. Do *** know where it sleeps? We *** new ** this land."

"* ** not know where you can go. My ***** will probably let you pass. We are *** hungry and there are many of you."

It's unclear if this last was a joke or simply a pragmatic statement. There is too much of a culture gap.

She dips her head and says quietly: "**** father about the Great One nearby *** the little Hunters it *********."

Oh dear. What is this supposed to mean?!

For now, repeat what the Deathbringer said.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 11:44:06 pm by Tiruin »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: November 27, 2012, 05:14:20 pm »

Hooktoe translated! He had a knack for finding words, he felt. "Here, let me try. [Great Ones are much trouble. One stole our kill a few days ago. Trouble for us both it seems. Do you know where it sleeps? We are new to this land. I do not know where you can go. My mates will probably let you pass. We are not hungry and there are too many of you.] And then she told her youngling [Tell father about the Great One nearby and the little Hunters it disturbed.]" He wasn't absolutely certain he was correct on all counts, especially about 'mates' and 'disturbed', but he was sure he was close to the mark.

He turned back to the Deathbringer. "Sorry, can't help ya. It might have been sleeping near where we fought and killed some Snatchers, then followed us back. I dunno. It was that way." Hooktoe pointed with his tail in the direction they'd dragged the Snatcher corpses back from. "Oh, and, there's a lake up that way, but it's got Logmaws in it. Just fair warning."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: November 27, 2012, 11:51:28 pm »

Moonfang took the opportunity - while Hooktoe was speaking to the Deathbringer - to examine Strider's offspring. He was pretty smart with this sort of deal...especially in guessing.

She felt happy with the situation.

That was...surprising Hooktoe....I- didn't think you knew that much.

Err, if I can still act. Spearhead the way outta here! Try to find a viable safe place for rest past the Deathbringers. Do it safely and passively = no aggression to our fellow friends!

Joben

• Bay Watcher
  • Elder Thing
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Lizard Gear
« Reply #383 on: November 28, 2012, 12:12:15 am »

While Moonfang spoke with the bigger creature, Ripmaw gently trilled at the smaller one, "Hey. You look like a child, but you're even bigger than me. How old are you?"

It responds with pride, "I ** five years old! My mama ***** I am strong. My brother and I ****** a Hardback *** ** ourselves! *** old are you? What have you killed?"

He wasn't absolutely certain he was correct on all counts, especially about 'mates' and 'disturbed', but he was sure he was close to the mark.

He turned back to the Deathbringer. "Sorry, can't help ya. It might have been sleeping near where we fought and killed some Snatchers, then followed us back. I dunno. It was that way." Hooktoe pointed with his tail in the direction they'd dragged the Snatcher corpses back from. "Oh, and, there's a lake up that way, but it's got Logmaws in it. Just fair warning."
((Actually it was "Pride" not mates, but catching "disturbed" is impressive.))

We will go look at the Great One and see if is the one we have dealt with. Our kind and yours are competitors but between us there can be balance. But who can feed their chicks when a Great One takes everything? We wish it dead but can not challenge it directly. If you find it's nest tell us. For a time we will be near the Brother Ponds to the West every morning after dawn.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: November 28, 2012, 12:20:22 am »

Oooohh I know this! I know this!

"I is five years old! My mama likes I am strong. My brother and I kicked a Hardback all as ourselves! How old are you? What have you killed?"

"How does that sound?" she chirped, beaming at Ripmaw.

((Yeah :P
am. knows. killed. all. by. How.))

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: November 28, 2012, 12:24:34 am »

Ripmaw dipped his head at Moonfang deferentially, "They have a funny way of talking, don't they?"
((I didn't get knows, btw. I was like, "Uhhhhh. Saids? Whatever."))
Ripmaw turned back to the young Deathbringer, and warbled, "I'm eight, and I've only killed little things til now, nothing worth of note. Soon though, I will be a full Hunter!"
He's fucking with us.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: November 28, 2012, 12:28:58 am »

"Oh, you're a youngling then? Somewhere near Hooktoe? I believe you've got a good companion then," Moonfang said as she nudged the Ripmaw. "On your first kill, aim for the neck. Always ends it nice and easy. Something he over there, knows."

She gestured with her snout at Hooktoe.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: November 28, 2012, 12:33:15 am »

Ripmaw sidled away nervously, not used to having an actual conversation as opposed to arguing or bullying, but he replied, "I think Hooktoe is older than me, and I know he helped kill some of the snatchers. Perhaps I could learn something from him. I will take your advice, and I thank you." He dipped his head at Moonfang, partially to hide his nervousness, and partially because he was feeling oddly formal right now.
He's fucking with us.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: November 28, 2012, 03:20:42 am »

"I'm seven," Hooktoe said. "I hunted Snatchers just today! I'm pretty strong too, and the son of our leader. I have a lot to live up to." He lifted his head proudly as he spoke to the young Deathbringer, then returned his attention to the mother. "So... you wanna team up and take down this Great One? Sounds interesting! If I find its nest and I see you again I'll let you know. Man, it would be something to kill a Great One! Even with help..." he said, trailing off as he daydreamed about the prospect.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: November 28, 2012, 03:25:56 am »

Not now younglings... Why am I calling Hooktoe a youngling?! We can fight the Great One later. First, we look to our priorities. The pack. Without them, our friends, we won't be esteemed hunters at all! Moonfang said, poking Hooktoe with her snout.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 36