Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 36

Author Topic: Roll to Raptor: Turn 31 - Where the Buffalo Roam  (Read 68414 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Raptor - Turn 21: Stolen Bread Tastes Sweet
« Reply #360 on: November 25, 2012, 12:56:53 pm »

He's about two-thirds as old as Ironhide. Whippersnapper.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Raptor - Turn 21: Stolen Bread Tastes Sweet
« Reply #361 on: November 25, 2012, 01:00:26 pm »

((Ironhide is just the veteran that refuses to quit hunting. :P))
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Joben

• Bay Watcher
  • Elder Thing
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Lizard Gear
Roll To Raptor - Turn 22: Comings and Goings
« Reply #362 on: November 25, 2012, 06:25:19 pm »

Executive Summary:

Charlie tries to knock over his closest antagonist.
Ironhide urges retreat but stays to watch Great One herself.
Ripmaw watches for straying younglings.
Moonfang helps with herding and watches for threats.
Krackjaw (Tophat's character) joins the game at Nesthome.

----------------------------------

Charlie Sense 5
SnatcherBoss Stealth 5+1
Snatcher5 Stealth 6+1

Initiative: Charlie, Snatcher5, SnatcherBoss, Snatcher2, Snatcher3, Snatcher4

Charlie gets up and tries to flip over Snatcher2 He grabs a leg and rears backward pulling the Snatcher's legs out from under it.

Suddenly Charlie feels a pang in his left side, he doesn't have time to react before a heavy blow from the right drives him to the ground again and breaking your grip on S2. Sharps claws and teeth dig in and try to hold him still. Two Snatchers managed to sneak up on him while he was distracted.

Snatcher2 struggles to it's feet and takes full advantage, tearing at Charlie's belly. Snatcher4 completes its approach at a run and joins in the attack clawing at anything it can reach. The only upside is that Snatcher3 gives a final gurgle and then lies still.

Spoiler: Combat Rolls Log (click to show/hide)

[Snatcher3 Save: 1. Faints from blood loss and slips away. Snatcher3 has been killed.]
[Charlie takes 42 Damage. Expends 5 Stamina. Is Prone and Held by SnatcherBoss. He will need to break the hold and stand up before he can move.]

16/90 Health
52/100 Food
20/100 Stamina

((Well that escalated quickly! In case it wasn't clear in character Snatcher1 limped home and told about you. An Alpha and two others went out to hunt you down. They made their approach last turn but you only spotted one of them. Averages suggest you're going to die next turn.))
-------------------------------

"Oh, dear...I do not like that Great One's expression..."

Ironhide urges the little ones into the undergrowth, quickly, before the Great One decides to eat some Hunter on the side...
Keep an eye on the Great One, though.

You urge the little ones away into hiding and linger near the tree line to see what the Great One does. It finishing sniffing around for meat near where the pack had been eating the Snatcher corpses, and finding no more raises it's head and looks around. It looks toward you then swings it's head away and sniffs the breeze. It starts lumbering away in a vaguely northward direction. (Cunning 1+1) For whatever reason of it's own it appears to be leaving.

Highleap shows up at your side and watches with you. After a moment she says, "Ironhide, I'm sorry about what I said before. I probably shouldn't tease Ripmaw like I do, but he annoys me sometimes. You seem like a good hunter, coming home with the meat of our enemies today. I hope I can go with you some time."

"We could have taken him, with the whole pack. There was only the one." Ripmaw hissed this at Ironhide, "And we are many." The great eye of the huge predator swept over the group of Hunters again, and Ripmaw hastily amended, "But we shouldn't try our luck... With the chicks around."
Ripmaw tries to keep out of the way of the herding mothers, and stays behind the pack, ready to herd any younglings that get seperated back into the pack.

You find a yearling going in completely the wrong direction and, picking it up bodily, you carry it to the Mothers. When you put it down it scampers over to someone and then hisses at you. Mission acomplished. After a few minutes walk there's apparently something going on up ahead and the clan stops moving.

We will not attack when the enemy can endanger our innocents! Moonfang whistled in a high pitch. All of you, follow Hooktoe's orders! I'll try to distract that thing away from...oh wait, its eating. Nevermind. Let's just move the pack into a safer place and make a safe-zone.

Aid in the herding, ensure no wounded are in sight and guard the area from any other fiends.

You help a bit with the herding but keep a sharp eye, and not just toward the rear. This makes you one of the first to see the creature you are all inadvertently approaching. It is downwind and It's body was hidden by tall ferns. It raises it's head from the stream it was drinking at.

It looks a lot like the Great One, but somewhat smaller. (Cunning 5) It's about the size of the Tentosaurs you saw earlier today (1.5 tons), which means it's probably a Deathbringer. (Sense 6) From the way the ferns rustle you think there might be one or two smaller creatures at it's feet.

It raises itself up and looks at the crowd of you for a moment. Then it speaks.The language is different you can make out many similar words.

"Little ******* where *** *** traveling with *** chicks and *****? Is ***** * fire? * ** not smell ***."

(That's basically Hooktoe, who's so stupid he tends to think in today's terms. Rather anachronistic of him. XD)

"Come on. Keep it moving, nothing to see here," Hooktoe said, continuing to herd the adults away from the Great One. No need to kick that particular hornet's nest at this time.

The others agree to leave the Great One along with suprisingly little fuss. As you walk one of them brushes by you. "Thanks for bringing home meat today Hooktoe" she says. Her name is Rainstriker, she talks to you sometimes but you're not always sure why. After a few minutes walk there's apparently something going on up ahead and the clan stops moving.

Name: Rainstriker [NPC]
Sex: Female

Defense +1
Stealth +1
Sense -1

Quote from: Krakjaw
Enter Game

You go with the others, away from the Nesthome clearing and the dangerous Great One. (Sense 6) You notice that the wind is getting stronger and the sky is darkening a little.

At A Glance:

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

It's about 12:45
Wind shifts to blowing hard from the NE. The sky darkens a little.

Charlie got horribly mauled and is near death.
The Party is moving the clan away from The Great one to keep the younglings safe.
Ripmaw rescued a yearling from wandering off.
Hooktoe got flirted with?
Ironhide is watching the Great One which seems to be leaving.
Moonfang bumped into a Deathbringer in your path.
The Deathbringer spoke to Moonfang.

Spoiler: Party Condition (click to show/hide)
Broken Arrow - A small stats tweak to fix unrealistically overpowered arrows and bolts.

My RTD games: Roll To Raptor (On hold), Dino Arena

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Raptor - Turn 22: Coming and Goings
« Reply #363 on: November 25, 2012, 06:40:12 pm »

Hooktoe nodded. "Of course I did. I'm going to be the best hunter! Someday I'm going to be the leader of the pack, you wait and see." He laughed and walked alongside her for the moment; there was no reason to continue on by himself, anyway... up until the pack suddenly stopped. "I'm going to go see what's happening," he said over his shoulder to the older female as he dashed ahead to the front of the pack.

(Strictly speaking, I know why we stopped... but because I can't think of anything else to do this round I'm just going to have Hooktoe see for himself while we're stopped and let someone more diplomacy-minded do some talking. :P)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Joben

• Bay Watcher
  • Elder Thing
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Lizard Gear
« Reply #364 on: November 25, 2012, 06:45:56 pm »

((Always the problem with OOC knowledge. That's why I try to include at least general prompts toward the action for you guys to respond to.))
Broken Arrow - A small stats tweak to fix unrealistically overpowered arrows and bolts.

My RTD games: Roll To Raptor (On hold), Dino Arena

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: November 25, 2012, 07:13:09 pm »

(Well, the other option was to pursue the mating opportunity but I think Hooktoe's kinda too stupid to pick up on subtle things like a girl going out of her way to talk to him. :P)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: November 25, 2012, 11:50:10 pm »

"Keep quiet and I'd be eglad to have you helping the Hunt, Highleap. Let's head back to the others. Keep an eye on the Great One, though..."

Lead by example. Head back to the pack, keep an eye on the Great One.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: November 26, 2012, 12:33:52 pm »

Krakjaw followed along with the pack until it suddenly halted. His first thought was for the vulnerable chicks, and Quickly surveyed for any danger, ducking into hiding if a danger is spotted.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: November 26, 2012, 12:34:38 pm »

Ripmaw could barely make anything out past a few dozen feet with his eyes, but he could tell the pack had ground to a sudden halt, and probably not because the Great One was stomping off into the distance. Seeing that the younglings weren't moving around enough to wander off, Ripmaw walks toward the front of the pack, as Hooktoe came jogging up as well. Ripmaw favored the other Hunter with a glance, and asked, "Why'd we stop?"
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: November 26, 2012, 12:48:13 pm »

"Dunno. Come on, let's find out," Hooktoe said, waiting a moment to see if Ripmaw would come with him.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: November 26, 2012, 12:54:04 pm »

"Little... where ...traveling with...chicks and...? Is...fire? ... not smell ...."

Moonfang turned around to address the pack.

"Does anyone know what our friend's sentence means?"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: November 26, 2012, 01:07:51 pm »

Hooktoe heard her from where he was standing next to Ripmaw and puzzled over it. "It might've said 'Little Huntress, where are you traveling with the chicks and adults? Is there a fire? I do not smell one.' That makes sense to me, I don't smell one either," he said.

(It's unfortunate you guys flanderized Hooktoe into a damn idiot before he even said anything. :P Now if he says anything the slightest bit intelligent it sounds OOC.)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: November 26, 2012, 01:16:48 pm »

Strider mused that maybe his son was slightly smarter than a rock. At least as intelligent as an empty log, or a patch of moss.

"Using your head for once, Hook? That's mah boy!" He chirped in a fatherly fashion. He tail slapped Hooktoe in the back, a quasi-eternal gesture of the 'Well done, Son' guy.

@Serc: You did say he was dumb as a rock in your bio. Not much room to work there. :P
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: November 26, 2012, 01:21:59 pm »

(You didn't have to take it so literally. XD)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: November 26, 2012, 01:24:53 pm »

((Now who would do that to Hooktoe?! Rocks are smart! They have...sodium.))

"Ahh. Good. Thanks Hooktoe!"

Moonfang turned back to address the Deathbringer.

"No fire large-one! We are just passing by because of the presence of The Great One nearby. Our pack is relocating to somewhere safe, do you know a place where we can go?"

Ask the presumed deathbringer!

((I love seemingly obliviousness :D))
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 36