Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 36

Author Topic: Roll to Raptor: Turn 31 - Where the Buffalo Roam  (Read 68418 times)

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Raptor - Turn 21: Stolen Bread Tastes Sweet
« Reply #330 on: November 23, 2012, 08:21:53 pm »

"We could have taken him, with the whole pack. There was only the one." Ripmaw hissed this at Ironhide, "And we are many." The great eye of the huge predator swept over the group of Hunters again, and Ripmaw hastily amended, "But we shouldn't try our luck... With the chicks around."
Ripmaw tries to keep out of the way of the herding mothers, and stays behind the pack, ready to herd any younglings that get seperated back into the pack.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: November 23, 2012, 08:46:32 pm »

"We could... but would we? Let's not test unless we must..."
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: November 23, 2012, 08:56:02 pm »

"He would feed the whole pack for a month! But you are probably right, Ironhide, we wouldn't without good reason... Perhaps if he was wounded or sick..." Ripmaw replied absentmindedly, losing most of his superior overtone while he was thinking about hunting such a monster.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: November 23, 2012, 09:03:25 pm »

"This one isn't, so silence! Besides, meat doesn't taste so good by the end of a month..."
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: November 23, 2012, 09:05:25 pm »

We will not attack when the enemy can endanger our innocents! Moonfang whistled in a high pitch. All of you, follow Hooktoe's orders! I'll try to distract that thing away from...oh wait, its eating. Nevermind. Let's just move the pack into a safer place and make a safe-zone.

Aid in the herding, ensure no wounded are in sight and guard the area from any other fiends.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: November 23, 2012, 10:03:27 pm »

Ripmaw shot Ironhide a dark glare, but kept pace with the pack, still herding back errant younglings and keeping a rearguard up.

((I feel that Ripmaw is a bit too cowardly to ever actually try to hunt a Great One, so don't worry about that overmuch. He's a jackass and a bully, but not an idiot.))
He's fucking with us.

Joben

• Bay Watcher
  • Elder Thing
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Lizard Gear
« Reply #336 on: November 24, 2012, 08:12:38 pm »

Tepin your companion on today's revenge hunt is nearby with his mate, leading their young. He comes up to Ironhide and Ripmaw and looks a little worried.

"I think it's good we're pulling back, but how far do you intend to go? Is anyone going to stay and see what the Great One does?"
Broken Arrow - A small stats tweak to fix unrealistically overpowered arrows and bolts.

My RTD games: Roll To Raptor (On hold), Dino Arena

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: November 24, 2012, 08:27:23 pm »

((As is no indicated in my action,)) "I will be staying within eyeshot."
Sig

Joben

• Bay Watcher
  • Elder Thing
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Lizard Gear
« Reply #338 on: November 24, 2012, 09:09:07 pm »

Highleap was in the group with Hooktoe and Moonfang, but she catches up in time to hear most of the conversations. Wearing whatever the Hunter equivalent of a sneer is she speaks to Ripmaw:

"Haha listen to you talk, you would be too scared to face a beast like that. Better stick to bossing around little chicks."

Name: Highleap [NPC]
Sex: Female

Attack: +1
Cunning: +1
Stealth: -1

((Thanks to Dwarmin for this character concept))
Broken Arrow - A small stats tweak to fix unrealistically overpowered arrows and bolts.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: November 24, 2012, 09:24:32 pm »

Ironhide grabs the foolish youngster. That is a Great One, young Highleap. It can kill us with a bite or two, then swallow us whole. Don't bother it.:-)
((She's got +1 Cunning? Sounds more like +1 Agility, maybe +1 Impulsiveness.))
Sig

Joben

• Bay Watcher
  • Elder Thing
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Lizard Gear
« Reply #340 on: November 24, 2012, 09:53:33 pm »

Foolish youngster evades grasp. (3 vs 5 Success)

"I'm not the one who said we should attack it, he is!" she says as she ducks out of the way.

((She's smart, she just doesn't like Ripmaw. She got her name because when she was little she started leaping to pull insects and small fliers out of the air.))

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: November 24, 2012, 09:56:10 pm »

"Best make yourself more clear who you're talking to in the future. Prefacing a statement with something like, 'Ripmaw, ha ha, etc,' would help us all out. Now shush, the Great One is watching us."
Sig

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: November 24, 2012, 10:52:31 pm »

Ripmaw hissed at Highleap. "Yes, and I'm sure you would be dumb enough to take the beast on all by yourself, wouldn't you? And I never said we should attack it, just that we could take him. We're smarter than such a big dumb beast." He deliberately turned and stayed at the edge of the clearing, to watch the Great One, instead of herding the chicks, as Highleap had insolently suggested. His already injured pride demanded he show some bravery. "Best tend to the chicks, female." His tone made the last word into an insult as he trotted away from Tepin and Ironhide.

((Please note, I'm not sexist.))
He's fucking with us.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: November 24, 2012, 10:54:23 pm »

"Why the condescending tone?"

((Avian females are often larger than males, and dromaeosaurs' closest living relatives are birds. Also, lionesses do most of the hunting, and lions are the best behavioral analogue to raptors I can think of.))
Sig

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: November 24, 2012, 10:59:08 pm »

((Highleap is near me, so I heard you Ripmaw! :P))

Youngling. Listen to me. Moonfang intoned, ignoring Ripmaw's comment on females. There are times where bravado works in spite of courage, and there are times when running away is the wiser option.

This is one of those times. We should run away, my little one.
She tilted her head at the youngster, as if reminiscing something.

Heh, you remind me of myself when I was young. Always wishing for a scuffle with others...Anyway, calm down and let's go on here. Ironhide, sorry for interrupting but I think we shouldn't make it worse. Ripmaw seems uppity.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 36