Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 36

Author Topic: Roll to Raptor: Turn 31 - Where the Buffalo Roam  (Read 68453 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Raptor - Turn 16: Good Luck Charlie
« Reply #210 on: November 09, 2012, 05:25:18 am »

"I do?" Hooktoe whistled. He didn't know how he smelled. He was so used to his own scent that it just didn't register to him. After a moment of cogitation that was almost painful for his tiny brain, he dredged up the notion that maybe she meant she didn't smell any of his blood on him, because he hadn't gotten hurt. He grinned as well as a dinosaur could. "It was a great hunt! We showed those Snatchers whose territory this is, and we got a lotta meat for the small fry. Did you see me rip that one's head off? That'll be a lesson for the one that got away. They know not to come around this way again," he said, sounding extremely pleased with himself and clearly trying to impress Moonfang with his combat skill. Lord knew he didn't have much else going for him. (:P)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: November 09, 2012, 08:50:52 am »

Awww, we'll miss you dwarmin! You're an awesome dude to play with and are pretty cool too.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: November 09, 2012, 08:55:15 am »

I was watching all the way from there. You got them good, son.

I always wanted to say that.

B-but we're really leaving the other hunter?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: November 09, 2012, 09:25:41 am »

Strider turned to Moonfang, clicking and whistling in a low voice. Despite his previous encouraging words, now he just sounds...tired. Worn out. Sad.

"He is too far away. I should have gone after him while I still could...but I would have had to fight him, then, since he disobeyed me. As I will if I see him again.

...now, if we chase after Char, we will put more Hunters at risk. I have seen it many times in my life. A young Hunter must choose his own place in this world, after all. Some alongside his clan...others go apart. Some the path of the Eggmaker, others the Slayer and Meatbringer. The path of anger, the path of wisdom, the path of love. All have their place in the circle.

If you care about his life, then hope he returns to us, wiser and stronger."

What Strider didn't say was that they almost never returned.

Yes-occasionally a young and brave Hunter would accomplish an amazing feat on his own. Mostly they would never be found again, with no one to sing their death calls. And if Char was not dead, he could not be mourned. His loss would fester for years-a hole in the Clans hunting pack, one that might never be filled. That was the long view, and it was how Strider dealt with loss these days-he minimized it, sanitized it, made just another tick on some imaginary board. Some part of Strider coldly said 'It's for the best then, if he dies'-another part said 'You must save him! He's one of your clanmates!'

Strider shook away the voices and continued to move the meat.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: November 09, 2012, 10:14:42 am »

Moonfang looked at Strider as he spoke, before brushing her snout against his side - a sign of respect and honor to the venerable leader's words.

You're so wise Strider. I never thought about that at all. I guess...that's the path he will take. I wish him well.

There's still much to do, however.

She attempted to cheer him up, eyeing his son and rushing over to him, playfully bumping Hooktoe. Aiming to knock him over just to test his sturdiness.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 10:24:35 am by Tiruin »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: November 09, 2012, 10:21:50 am »

Strider considered adding something about how his Wisdom was earned by Pain...but the young ones were already enjoying themselves again, the impact of a potential loss rolling off them like water on a Riverwalkers hide. The sun was shining, the wind was sweet, and they were alive. They accepted what was dealt to them. Maybe Strider should get over his malaise, accept who he was finally.

Perhaps there was some truth to the thought, that the Teacher learned from the students.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: November 09, 2012, 12:47:12 pm »

Hooktoe took the bump in stride. He really was quite solid with muscle. He turned to Moonfang and said, "if you want to wrestle, we can do that back at the nest," completely misreading her intentions. He was always in the mood for a spar!
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: November 09, 2012, 01:25:34 pm »

Can't beat warming up, HookToe? Moonfang teased as the group made their way back, glad to see his reaction take her own so well. "I don't think this is wrestling, what about you?"

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: November 09, 2012, 02:30:48 pm »

I am sad for Dwarmin's leaving, but somewhat excited for a chance to play this.

I appear to be first on the waitlist, if not just let me know, but I'll leave this here:

Name: Ripmaw
Sex: Male

Attack: +1
Defense: -
Senses: -1
Cunning: +1
Stealth: -

Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: November 09, 2012, 03:40:29 pm »

Hooktoe shook his head. Of course it wasn't! Real wrestling meant rolling around in the dirt and trying to take your opponent down and pin them down - lightly, of course, it wouldn't do to hurt them before a hunt. "So what are you going to do when we get back to camp? I was thinking of finding a spot to take a nap at."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: November 09, 2012, 04:51:47 pm »

"First, let's try to break these corpses up into easier-to-carry pieces to bring to the nestlings."

Do so,then head back to the nest once the others are.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: November 09, 2012, 05:26:45 pm »

What Ironhide said. Nestlings, I've to watch over. Perhaps visit those who knew the dead and console them...then a round of real wrestling...Aaaaand then perhaps maybe we could stay with Strider for a few, I've little on my mind now.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: November 09, 2012, 06:07:32 pm »

Hooktoe nodded. Worrying about the fate of the dead was such a Moonfang thing to do, but he didn't fault her for it. He just tended not to think about it. In fact, he tended not to think of much of anything at all except for the next fight. "OK. Come wake me up if you want to spar or visit Dad." He yawned widely, then resumed dragging the corpse he had, thinking about his father. He didn't think anyone else had noticed, but it looked like Strider had been falling behind a bit in the fight. He felt that the old hunter would probably ask him - or more likely Ironhide, she was older and wiser - to lead the next hunt while he stayed at home and watched over the young and the infirm. He didn't know what to think of that. To become too old to fight? It sounded horrible.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: November 09, 2012, 10:16:44 pm »

I am sad for Dwarmin's leaving, but somewhat excited for a chance to play this.

I appear to be first on the waitlist, if not just let me know, but I'll leave this here:

Name: Ripmaw
Sex: Male

Attack: +1
Defense: -
Senses: -1
Cunning: +1
Stealth: -

You copied me man! Now I'll have to change my abilities to something else!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: November 09, 2012, 10:26:11 pm »

(Be the +1 Senses/Cunning and -1 Defense guy. :P)
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 36