Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 36

Author Topic: Roll to Raptor: Turn 31 - Where the Buffalo Roam  (Read 68440 times)

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Raptor - Turn 16: Good Luck Charlie
« Reply #225 on: November 09, 2012, 10:59:59 pm »

I am sad for Dwarmin's leaving, but somewhat excited for a chance to play this.

I appear to be first on the waitlist, if not just let me know, but I'll leave this here:

Name: Ripmaw
Sex: Male

Attack: +1
Defense: -
Senses: -1
Cunning: +1
Stealth: -

You copied me man! Now I'll have to change my abilities to something else!

Or I can change mine. :P Either way. Besides, I thought up somewhat a fitting backround for Ripmaw.

Description: Ripmaw is a rather large Hunter for one so young. His parents were killed when he was very young, so he was somewhat of a loner amongst the tribe, getting scraps of food from sympathetic mothers on occasion, bullying other younglings for a share of their meals on others. He has always been somewhat of a bully, but a very cunning bully. He tends to have a viciously short temper, but can control it if it would serve his interests better. Another reason he is vicious and cruel is to try and disguise the fact that he is shortsighted and somewhat hard of hearing for a very young hunter.
He grew up alongside Hooktoe, but has no real affinity for the other youngster, instead preferring to keep to himself, knowing he can't really bully the son of the most dangerous raptor in the camp.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: November 09, 2012, 11:03:30 pm »

(Seems I'm getting a rival and Moonfang will be getting a brother if things don't roll NRDL's way. ^^^)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: November 09, 2012, 11:07:06 pm »

((Indeed. I don't plan on having Ripmaw be actively antagonistic, just kind of a gigantic prick if he gets the chance. And somewhat of a loner.))
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: November 10, 2012, 02:24:32 am »

((Like me?  :P))
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: November 10, 2012, 02:25:31 am »

((Haha, yes. So he's like half Hooktoe, half Charlie))
He's fucking with us.

Joben

• Bay Watcher
  • Elder Thing
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Lizard Gear
« Reply #230 on: November 11, 2012, 02:05:18 am »

((Turn coming soon. I think I'm going to space them out a little more to stave off GM Burnout. Almost one a day was too much. I'm thinking maybe 2, occasionally three updates per week now.

Actually I think it'll be Charlie's first as sorta 17a. His is complicated and took a while to write on it's own. That might be up tonight.))
Broken Arrow - A small stats tweak to fix unrealistically overpowered arrows and bolts.

My RTD games: Roll To Raptor (On hold), Dino Arena

Joben

• Bay Watcher
  • Elder Thing
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Lizard Gear
Roll to Raptor - Turn 17a: Charlie's War
« Reply #231 on: November 11, 2012, 03:33:25 pm »

Try to find one snatcher away from the rest.  Lure this snatcher away from the rest of his/her group, as far as possible, then SNEAK ATTACK him/her. 

((This is going to end so badly))

(Sense 5, Stealth 3+1)

On the other side of the ridge you see that the land slopes downward into a hollow made by the ridge you are standing on curving around it. Your view is restricted through the trees, but in there appears to be a clearing with sandy soil. That seems to be where the Snatchers gather. You think they might have dug burrows in the steep hillside.

To the North where the ridge slopes away seems to be the place they prefer to enter and leave from rather than climbing the steep hills. You can't go that way though, the wind would blow your scent across their camp. So you slink along to the South side. It takes a long time to do it without being seen.

You Hide in the trees a little ways off from the clearing. You end up waiting for about an hour, giving you a little bit of rest, and plenty of time to consider that this situation is strangely similar to the way your day started. But in reverse.

[1 Hour rest: +11 Stamina +15 HP]
((Wow you lucked out on that healing roll!))

After a while (Luck 4) there appear to be two Snatchers foraging fairly close to you. Not quite together, but within easy sight of each other.

((Cunning 5+1 vs 3-1) Too close to reinforcements for comfort. You do an amazing job faking an injury and limping away from the nest. They follow.  (Luck 2) You manage to make it about 20 yards further out with them following before the pair decides what to do.

One of them comes in to strike or test your defense. ((Your acting job gets you a surprise preemptive attack. with small bonuses)) (Attack 5+1+1 vs 5-1 Hit. Damage 3+1) You whirl on it and attack, getting a chunk of out it's neck before it staggers backward. It seems too shocked to do anything for the moment.

Snatcher2  takes the 40 yards distance between you at a sprint, covering it in less than 4 seconds. (Attack 4-1 vs 4-1. Null) (Luck 6) It doesn't draw blood, but that's a lot of momentum to deal with. You trip and are shoved over while scrambling to get out of it's way.

[Prone, -4 Stamina, -1 Food]
[Snatcher1 is in pain, neck lacerations, bleeding 5/10]
[Snatcher2 is fine.]

At a glance:

Charlie is fighting a Guerrilla action.
He lured two victims out, got a good hit then got knocked over.
The ridge spine is 10 yards to the SE. The nest is 150 yards to the NW and contains contains an unknown number of enemies.
About 2 hours have elapsed for Charlie. It is now about 13:00

Spoiler: Charlie's Map (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Charlie Status (click to show/hide)
Broken Arrow - A small stats tweak to fix unrealistically overpowered arrows and bolts.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Raptor - Turn 17a: Charlie's War
« Reply #232 on: November 11, 2012, 06:33:33 pm »

I've been meaning to say, your mapwork is I pressive.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: November 11, 2012, 08:52:04 pm »

((I'm loving this.))

Roll over to the side, still prone, and when it lunges at me, BITE THE FEET!
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: November 11, 2012, 09:24:55 pm »

Charlie is gonna kill the whole camp, Vietnam style.
He's fucking with us.

Joben

• Bay Watcher
  • Elder Thing
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Lizard Gear
Roll to Raptor - Turn 17b: The Voyage Home
« Reply #235 on: November 12, 2012, 12:45:52 pm »

Strider hooted.

"Let's bring this meat back home. The Scavengers are too thick today to leave them unattended..." In truth, Striders old wounds were tearing away at him and his vision was speckled with black. He didn't want to give up...but he couldn't go much longer.

He looked around. Charlie was gone. He doubted the Hunter would return, though stranger things had happened. Pity...a Hunters rage was a potent weapon, but it could also be a poison seething in the veins. The young hunter had forgotten a very important lesson.

Live together, Die Alone.

Even Hooktoe knew that.

Action: Order the pack to drag as much meat as we can back to the nesthome.

((OOC: I'm actually going to have to retire when we get back to the camp-I figure we need a chance to get more people from the waiting list when I (and if Char committing suicide) leave.

@Joben: Btw, it's nothing to do with the game-I'm leaving bay12 in about a week or so. IRL stuff. :( ))

Hooktoe nodded and began following his father's orders.

(You'll be missed, Dwarmin. :'( I hope you can come back someday.)

"First, let's try to break these corpses up into easier-to-carry pieces to bring to the nestlings."

Do so,then head back to the nest once the others are.

What Ironhide said. Nestlings, I've to watch over. Perhaps visit those who knew the dead and console them...then a round of real wrestling...Aaaaand then perhaps maybe we could stay with Strider for a few, I've little on my mind now.

No more time to be lost. Charlie has disapeared somewhere and will have to take care of himself. For now there's meat on the ground and little ones to feed at home.

Hooktoe and Moonfang are the strongest and each grab a whole untouched body and start dragging them. They manage to walk forward by holding onto the neck and letting it's bulk drag between their legs. The others work together and ripping off the largest chunks they think they can manage set off with about half a Snatcher each gripped in the jaws and hugged to their chests.

You're forced to leave behind one more or less whole corpse and an assortment of pieces. The latter are of particular delight to the tiny therapods and fliers since you saved them a lot of work ripping through the hide.

You retrace the route you took. The herbivores you encountered have apparently moved on. After about 20 minutes you arrive home.  The meat is accepted with joy and as is your tradition, the youngsters eat first.

Tepin is going to go tell his mate about the revenge he got if anyone wants to be in that conversation for RP purposes.

((He, and I presume, Strider will be leaving the party shortly so the first person on the waitlist can come in. That's Hanslanda.))

At A Glance:

You all carried Snatcher meat back to Nesthome.
The trip was mercifully uneventful.
The 1.6 mile walk with a heavy load burned 4 stamina and 2 food for each of you.
About half an hour passed for you.

Time: About 11:30 AM
Wind: Blowing Steadily from the NW.

Spoiler: Party Condition
(click to show/hide)

Joben

• Bay Watcher
  • Elder Thing
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Lizard Gear
« Reply #236 on: November 12, 2012, 12:54:39 pm »

Charlie is gonna kill the whole camp, Vietnam style.

I'm not sure how well things will go for Charlie. I'm not going to pull any punches. NRDL put himself is that situation so intentionally, and in fact gleefully, I think it would be silly if I did. He's on a razor edge between kicking butt and getting swarmed like a fat guy in a zombie apocalypse. ...I'll probably need to decide exactly how many are in the camp...probably gonna roll a handfull of D10...

I've been meaning to say, your mapwork is I pressive.

Thanks. :)

You guys are in a real life section of South-West Georgia in the Rocky Mountains. Selected largely due to it being desolate with hardly even any roads. Google Earth is working well for this so far. I can measure distance to estimate travel times, and have little pushpins and tracks for the important animals and herds.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 01:10:11 pm by Joben »

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: November 12, 2012, 01:02:36 pm »

((Haha, I didn't mean to imply that you would be pulling punches. I meant to imply that Charlie was going to ninja them all. :P

And whenever Dwarmin is finished, I'll post a turn, but not before then. I don't wanna rush him.))
He's fucking with us.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: November 12, 2012, 03:30:18 pm »

((Haha, I didn't mean to imply that you would be pulling punches. I meant to imply that Charlie was going to ninja them all. :P

And whenever Dwarmin is finished, I'll post a turn, but not before then. I don't wanna rush him.))

((Waiting till I'm dead before you bury me, thanks. :P))

Strider dropped a portion of the meat at his nest with a sigh-his tiny chicks, six of them in all, chirped cutely and hopped forward eagerly to welcome him. And get the meat. He had been blessed in many ways. Not so many Hunters had families as large or successful as his.

Slendersnout, his mate and Hooktoes mother, nuzzled his neck slowly-glad he had returned, because one day he wouldn't. He had been distant, lately. She wasn't the brightest of Hunters, but still knew who he was. He would try to find his way back to her.

Mostly, Strider thought he finally knew himself as well. He was a father, a mate, a clan leader, a hunter. But he was also himself-his life, his experiences. He was more than just a number, a statistic. He had lived well, and fought giants with no fear, facing death alongside his old friends. They were gone...but they lived on in his memory. And some said there was a world after this one. Maybe he would meet, and run, and hunt with them again.

He was done for today-he laid down by his nest to rest, and soon a heavy sleep would take him, and he would dream of blood, storms, and old friends and old battles.

As he laid to rest, he thought the adventure might just be beginning.

[Strider has left the Game]
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: November 12, 2012, 05:30:21 pm »

Keep a world-wary eye out for any movement.
If there's any meat left once the others are all done, eat a bit.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 36