Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 17

Author Topic: Minecraft TerraFirmaCraft: Bronze, knapping, red steel, potatoes, support beams!  (Read 47794 times)

Talvara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

hmmm the game just crashed on me and when I try to login again it crashes again, ahwell.. I'll try again later. Cheers People

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile

Do the Mountainhomes need a Dedicated Herder/Farmer/Butcher/Cook?

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

We definitely need someone to finish my mushroom farm, don't know why they wouldn't grow down there.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile

Funnily enough, some things you do in DF translate to things you need to do when you build a fortress in TFC: namely, we NEED to set up proper stockpiles, because the main storage is a horrible, horrible mess of assorted items.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

decided to try this mod in single player, and ti was fun, although getting to metal was VERY painful, since I wasted 2 ingots due to my terrible knowledge of metallurgy ( a day of work lost).

so, I decided to try the server.
may I be your guest in the dwarven lands? the environment is quite hostile... barely any rock within walking distance of spawn :P

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile

Saw you come on and then leave andrea. You either want to head south of spawn until you see a tower and some raised farms. That's the mountainhome. It hasn't really been busy there either of the times I've been on and so I headed over to the outpost which I'm sure you can get coordinates for in game.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

azurelao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

ok, noob question. how do you get white-hot?

magnetite is the only metal ive found, and i really dont want to lose another pick trying to find a different ore.

Djohaal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Utter Insanitiy]
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart

it'd seem we have a bulrgar in the server...
I really want that one as a "when". I want "grubs", and "virgin woman" to turn into a dragon. and monkey children to suddenly sprout wings. And I want the Dwarven Mutant Academy to only gain their powers upon reaching puberty. I also have a whole host of odd creatures that only make sense if I divide them into children and adults.

Also, tadpoles.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile

Unfortunately, you won't be able to use magnetite until you get the previous ores. It needs a specific lower metal anvil in order to craft with it.

To get the temperature higher, you'll need to get a bloomery and dump a lot of coal into it, or use some bellows.
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile

We've had almost all the tools stolen and the contents of the metal working chests.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Kobolds!

Djohaal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Utter Insanitiy]
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart

We've had almost all the tools stolen and the contents of the metal working chests.

The fool tried to steal my stuff and died attacked by a spider. Logged in to find his remains amongside a happy looking spider. If we had the logs we could do an educated guess on who was it.
I really want that one as a "when". I want "grubs", and "virgin woman" to turn into a dragon. and monkey children to suddenly sprout wings. And I want the Dwarven Mutant Academy to only gain their powers upon reaching puberty. I also have a whole host of odd creatures that only make sense if I divide them into children and adults.

Also, tadpoles.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile

Bring it to an existing forge.  Only a Bloomery can smelt magnetite, and those are relatively advanced items.

azurelao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

dang..

i have a bloomery, and working on getting a forge, but my charcoal doesnt seem to want to generate.

if you find a small ore piece on the ground, approximately how far away is the ore that it represents?

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile

I think (with poor memory) that surface pebbles represent the first layer of stone, so it's within maybe 20-30 of the surface?  Sluices reach down like 100 or something.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 17