Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 17

Author Topic: Minecraft TerraFirmaCraft: Bronze, knapping, red steel, potatoes, support beams!  (Read 47796 times)

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I just started playing Terra Firma and I have one question: do the sluices actually exhaust themselves after a time? I managed to find a small outcropping of bismuthinite pebbles, so I decided to set up sluices to go find more bismuthinite, which worked for a time. Then they stopped working for like 300-500 soil now.

So far, I'm not particularly enjoying the Terra Firma singleplayer too much. It's just extremely tedious to find any ores at all. Not difficult, just tedious, even with utilizing both the pebbles and the sluices.

I'm probably going to have to grab a minimap mod, too. I don't want to lose my sluice area because that would mean abandoning all progress that I've painstakingly gotten through.
Also often called Boowells.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So sad as it is that there is a few cowards on this server. We have a few choices...

1: Put up with it. Make Hidden rooms or log off with important goods.
2: Find a new place to settle, have the only way to get cords is to contact someone via forums.
3: Find a new Server. Maybe there is a better server out there.

ATM, I am going for 2 but leaning a little on 3...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

nate9090

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I used to play tekkit with a few friends. I still have the server and I've installed TFC on it tonight. If you want to join just PM me for the IP. Might take a while, but we'll get back to steel eventually.

« Last Edit: October 15, 2012, 01:27:37 am by nate9090 »

Talvara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

theres always people that simply enjoy ruining other peoples shit, Personally I'm willing to accept that as a valid playstyle. the problem is that games like this don't really have the tools to balance the two different playstyles.

If the playstyles were balanced (I.E.) builders had a real and reasonable way to actually defend against 'trolls', then that in itself could be a fun aspect (a little conflict in a game can really spice things up)

at the sametime Trolls should be given a chance to involve into caring players who just play a different game I think.

Haven and Hearth (indie survival MMO) had the same problem, the devs were working on providing the tools to balance out the playstyles. but then at some point just stopped when they had the chance to make a new game for Paradox.

if you don't have tools to deal with trolls... then the best course of action is to not feed the trolls.

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Guys, for godsakes, hide the valuable shit from Hiok and kill him on sight.
Also, did someone use all the iron ore or was it stolen?
« Last Edit: October 15, 2012, 01:22:03 pm by Supercharazad »

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There are three people on Nate's server and three on the other. We should probably stick to one server, since we have a hard enough time sticking to one place as it is.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

Alright, what is it going to be? I would like to join in, but only if you guys make a decision. Mayby the OP could put up a poll?

E: This seems like a fit place, it looks like the next version is going to be intresting. Especially the advanced body damage part.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2012, 01:47:35 pm by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile

There is but one thing dorfy enough to do. Embark on the closer farther Pole.

I disagree with the idea that trolls can evolve into caring people. They are trolls, they aren't destructing for the sake of destruction, they are destructing for the sake of ruining other peoples' experience. Thus trolls should be weeded out and only let in if they somehow mature on their own.

Yes, people can be caring and playing the destructors, but to do so, they have to be mature players already, not the other way round. I support the idea of whitelist/PM server, since we just plain can't put up with people playing to ruin others' fun.

Also, there is something that can be done about the thief, but I'd rather not put the plan in plain sight.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile

Minecraft is a sandbox at heart.  If you want defense against trolls, then you remove the construction capability.  The only reasonable way to achieve this are plugins that turn chunks into "owned land" that only a list of players can interact with blocks or inventory.  Personally, for TFC, that seems almost required once you hit ~10 players.  At that point it becomes too common for someone to just walk in, toss the ingots on the ground, and log off.

guale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I remember a while back reading an idea for what was essentially a Dwarf Fortress light roleplay in Minecraft where one player would take the role of overseer and assign labors to the other players and given the amount of work needed to get anything done in TFCraft it seems perfect for such an endeavor.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile

I think we need some plugins for TFC to make it run more smoothly.  Mainly three things - 1: A bulletin board.  2: A system that counts inventory in nearby chests and returns the amount of ingots/ore in them.  3: Property protection lines - call them "embark squares".

Imofexios

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Is it really true that cant anyway to build some sort defences to protect the builds?
It would be shame to remove the PvP aspect of game.

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'd prefer to kill thieves rather than to just ban them, since PvP is indeed an important aspect of the game, but random griefing is hard to stop when they can just log out or abuse something. I think PvP works best when there are teams and people follow rules of engagement, as it were.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile

Yes, I'd much rather if we could *kill* the thieves, but that requires someone who plays for their personal fun, thieving according to ROE, allowing himself to be captured if he fails. Meanwhile what we have here is griefing, destroying other peoples' fun for the sake of it, and avoiding the possibility of capture by combat logging.

While legit thieving is legit, we'd have to:
a) stop random schmucks from joining in somehow (I'd rather we use a whitelist, since just giving IP/coords in PMs creates risk of a forumite giving it away to friends, those giving it away some more, random people stumbling upon the fortress, plus Whitelist can be used to boot the people who ruin it for others out.)

b) using some sort of admin plugin to manage block changes and rollback if necessary.

c) creating rudimentary ROE, i.e. no stealing unless there is at least one dweller in the settlement.

If we could get these to be properly policed, we could weed out asshat breed of thieves, leaving legit thieves in their niche.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Djohaal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Utter Insanitiy]
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart

With interest in the server gone down and trolls running around, I'd vote for a new server. Preferably with bukkit so we can do troll control.
I really want that one as a "when". I want "grubs", and "virgin woman" to turn into a dragon. and monkey children to suddenly sprout wings. And I want the Dwarven Mutant Academy to only gain their powers upon reaching puberty. I also have a whole host of odd creatures that only make sense if I divide them into children and adults.

Also, tadpoles.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 17