Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13

Author Topic: The Dynasties of Cairnwood Crossing -Beginning of Turn 4  (Read 14648 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: The Dynasties of Cairnwood Crossing -Beginning of Turn 4
« Reply #120 on: October 14, 2012, 09:18:44 pm »

We also need to know who all is planning to house tenants, and how many. Then we can figure out how much must be put towards public barracks.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 14, 2012, 09:23:16 pm »

I will make my point of view simple.

I request to be the sole provider of homes to any refugees coming to this town.
I will provide the bunk houses and I will build homes as the refugees become able to purchase them.
There are a great many jobs people want to do and this job is suited very well to my family and so I request that I be left to do it myself without other families interfering. After all this is the one job my family has the skills for that no other family has and my family is going to continue to be carpenters for many generations so being the sole provider of new housing is one of the few roles that we are well set up for.
If somebody wishes to have tenants living on their land then I am more then willing to construct the house where they want it.

And I will donate a fair portion of the profits from this work to the town.

"

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 14, 2012, 09:25:11 pm »

Mind if I ask why you are most qualified to have tenants? Explain this and I will agree.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 14, 2012, 09:31:03 pm »

"Kappel votes to delay the town hall until 1525. It's expensive, and I'm sure that money could be better spent helping the refugees.

The barracks sounds like a good idea.

I do not see why any one of our families should have virtually every townsman indebted to them."

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 14, 2012, 09:32:03 pm »

"My family already possesses the skills to produce the houses, My family also will continue to improve on those skills as generations pass and will contain our interests to those skills. So we have a limited number of options to expand ourselves and continue to make a profit.
Your own family is likely to spread out and move in on many other areas of interest that I will not be taking part in.
So my family is largely reliant on this kind of work to sustain ourselves and expand and also it would give you a larger pool of funds to devote to other interests and you would still be able to hire as many laborers as you need but you would not have to pay to produce lodgings for them so in the long term it would serve both of us to come to an arrangement for me to take sole control over the expansion of housing in this town.

They will not be indebted, they will pay a small some to rent a home and then when they have the funds they will buy the home.

There is no debt involved.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: October 14, 2012, 09:33:18 pm »

Fair enough. I will provide the work so they can buy your houses.
Does anyone else wish to invest in the mine?
Sig

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 14, 2012, 09:35:00 pm »

"I will be happy to donate money to the mine on a fairly regular basis once I have my housing interests up and running. I will true to my word not claim any share's in the profits of the mine.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 14, 2012, 09:38:57 pm »

If you donate, I will repay. I won't just take your money...you know me better than that. If it makes you feel better, I'll wait a while to repay it.
Sig

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 14, 2012, 09:41:54 pm »

"Consider it my payment for the villages protection. I will need soldiers protection as much as you and yet I will not be working in the mines. The least my family can do is donate money to those who are. It is hardly being given for free when that money will arm soldiers who may very well save the lives of my family."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 14, 2012, 09:44:57 pm »

When you put it like that... I suppose. My funds aren't so great that I will refuse such an earnest attempt at charity. Thank you very much. Would you like to come for dinner at my house this Sunday? It's the least I can do.
Sig

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 14, 2012, 09:46:17 pm »

"By all means. It wont be long now until I retire and hand control over to my son and after that I will have a great deal of time on my hands and I should think you will be retiring soon yourself. We are not getting any younger."

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: October 14, 2012, 09:54:25 pm »

Sorry I had to come in late, everyone. We had animals get in the inn.

Anyway... I vote we build bunkhouses to at least give people a chance to get their own housing. Of course, it would be a cheaper option for them to say my inn and we could have trouble keeping them running... Still, it's better to spend here and attract people than to spend money on a center when we don't have enough people for it.

I missed on refugee work and taxes? I say give them a small window for taxes and mining. The mining can go any way so long as I can take a piece of the pie! Metalworking is my daughter's specialty after all.

Dimitri lightens the mood a little with his casual ways, but there's a touch of sadness in his voice.

If you need me to donate... I can always throw in some profit.

« Last Edit: October 14, 2012, 09:56:20 pm by Tsuchigumo550 »
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: October 14, 2012, 10:01:08 pm »

"So it seems we are agreed. Bunkhouses until the refugees can afford to buy or rent a home. Town center will be paid for out of the tax revenue and they will work as farmers until we can sustain the new population. I will have sole control over the housing development of the town."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 14, 2012, 10:06:09 pm »

I'll work as long as I can. I'll stop once I can't, but not until that day comes.
Oh, and glad you made it.
Sig

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 14, 2012, 10:15:18 pm »

Fine by me. It's a sad thing that Volk will have to take her mother's duties... I wonder how my family will fare without Nikita? Surely no one will want to marry a gruff old man such as myself.

Anyway, I want 75% of the metals found in any mining operations for some time. I'm more than willing to outfit everyone, but I'd rather work metal specifically and run my inn for money than anything else. I might need some help staying on my feet... after all, I am getting older and poor Volk is probably stuck as the next matriarch... I've talked it over with her, and she's willing, but... I fear for my family's future.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13