Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13

Author Topic: The Dynasties of Cairnwood Crossing -Beginning of Turn 4  (Read 14637 times)

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Dynasties of Cairnwood Crossing -Beginning of Turn 4
« Reply #135 on: October 14, 2012, 10:22:14 pm »

(( 75% might be a bit much mate but thats for you and the other 2 to negotiate. Thats why I picked housing, its something less important but still profitable that I can control :). ))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 14, 2012, 10:24:44 pm »

Wolfclaw, are you MAD?!?! If I finance this mine fully, you will get what ore and metal I sell you and no more. I also have a metalworker in the family, I do not need you.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: October 14, 2012, 10:28:30 pm »

I'd challenge you, but I don't have the strength nor the will to spill blood.

I'll work in your mine and give you half the ores if you'll give me your spare food. Sound good? I need some ores to get myself going and I can't do it with two people, and you get extra labor. I didn't notice you had a metalworker in your family... I've been missing a lot recently.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: October 14, 2012, 10:29:53 pm »

Calm down friends, If both of you wish for the mine then why not simply split the costs and profits 40/40 and the final 20 goes to the town?
A fair share for all involved and it leaves you both with additional money for other work like hiring laborers and training up a few smiths and armorers and building the factories for the work not to mention the smelting.
The mine alone is of no use if you do not have the facility's to use the ore once you have it.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: October 14, 2012, 10:32:46 pm »

"I won't be working in the mine myself, I'm not crazy enough to pick up a new, physically demanding trade at this age. I'm going to build the mine, finance it, and hire some refugees to mine out ores. If you chip in 20% of the starting capital, you may have 20% of the ores. Similar with other rates. Is this acceptable?
The 40/40/20 ratio should be fine if Wolfclaw donates half the capital. Or half of whatever good Fenix does not contribute. Did I mention? He promised to help with the cost out of the interests of the town.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: October 14, 2012, 10:34:43 pm »

(( Not until 10 years has passed :). I need to get everything up and running first then I'll begin donating a portion of my profit each turn the same as I'm going to donate a portion to the town treasury each turn assuming the taxes are not massive. ))

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: October 14, 2012, 10:39:33 pm »

I'm not good with figures, friend. I can give up to 5 gold pieces right now and stay alive another go-around.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: October 14, 2012, 10:45:07 pm »

5 gold coins seems a fair offer for 20% magnum. The past decade was good to us but not so good to him and 5 gold coins is a lot of money from him. The mine offers him a great chance to improve his fortunes and those of his family and after all we all live here. What strengthens one of us will invariably strengthen the town as a whole in time provided we remain true to the needs of the town.
I'm sure his family will put in more money in future once they have more money to spare.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2012, 10:46:44 pm by mesor »

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: October 14, 2012, 10:49:53 pm »

I did say "right now". Indeed I plan to pay you more, but I will be able to do nothing to generate money without a source of food. Luckily, I have neighbours!

Dimitri laughs a little.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: October 14, 2012, 10:52:23 pm »

Perhaps I might suggest buying an Oxen plow? It requires very little work to till your fields with it so you will still produce plenty of food for yourself.

(( It does all your fields for you as if 1 adult was doing it. So like with mine I have got 5 fields currently I produce more then enough good off the 1 plow alone. ))

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: October 14, 2012, 10:58:18 pm »

Aye, if I could get one for a gold piece I'd be stretched thin on money but it would be worth it.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: October 14, 2012, 11:00:07 pm »

Would you care to make a deal? I will give you a plow and in future when I'm in need of something of equal value I will call in the debt from your family?
After all I can spare 1 gold coin and it would likely make you much more then 1 gold even in the short term and as I said, anything that strengthens one of us will strengthen all of us in time.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: October 14, 2012, 11:00:46 pm »

If Wolfclaw pays 5 gold, that's half of the capital. If he will also do half of the management, he can have as much of the profits as I. I'm a fair man.
If he wishes to donate the capital and leave me to do all of the day-to-day management, then he will of course get less, at the benefit of getting more time to deal with his food shortage.
Incidentally, how would you other councilmen feel about encouraging learning skilled labor?
Sig

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: October 14, 2012, 11:03:04 pm »

I do not intend to have many men trained in carpentry but I will be taking a few laborers to learn it along with my family or the skill would soon lose its value. But I would certainly be in favor of training the miners in the proper technique for the work to make them more efficient but you know it would cost more to pay them as well.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: October 14, 2012, 11:06:29 pm »

I wonder if I'd make a good enough teacher having learned it myself? Even if I did that would be too time consuming. Anyway, yeah. I'll put the gold down right now before I get the chance to spend it elsewhere, and I'll do whatever managing I can. It would help to encourage learning a trade, possibly pay the skilled workers more for their learning?
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13