Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13

Author Topic: The Dynasties of Cairnwood Crossing -Beginning of Turn 4  (Read 14636 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: The Dynasties of Cairnwood Crossing -Beginning of Turn 4
« Reply #150 on: October 14, 2012, 11:12:34 pm »

I'm glad my proposal was acceptable, Wolfclaw.

Now, what skills do you suggest we encourage? I, for one, would like another skilled weaver in this town...although she could never equal the skill of poor Speciosam...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: October 14, 2012, 11:15:52 pm »

We will need a weaver, miners, and possibly more carpenters. We have enough of everything else I believe.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: October 14, 2012, 11:17:14 pm »

I will take care of the carpenters. I intend to take on 10 laborers full time for carpentry work so they will learn as they work. 10 men as well as my son will be more then enough for now.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: October 14, 2012, 11:20:32 pm »

...Excellent...We could get miners from the stronger of the, uh, migrants, and a weaver might be among them...why was I so foolish? Two children is enough...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: October 14, 2012, 11:26:35 pm »

I feel your pain. Nikita wouldn't have had it any other way though...
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: October 14, 2012, 11:34:52 pm »

I to know your pain, Though my wife yet lives twice our child was born still never even having the chance at life. But that has only made me all the more determined that my children should be sent into the world in a better position then I was and now my oldest children are married with farms and skill's of there own.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: October 15, 2012, 05:00:44 pm »

Is there anything else to discuss? If not, I move that we adjourn.
Sig

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: October 15, 2012, 08:33:46 pm »

"There being no objections, I move we adjourn.
Sig

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: October 15, 2012, 08:35:10 pm »

"I second that."

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: October 15, 2012, 08:48:55 pm »

Aye, I have nothing to say.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: October 15, 2012, 09:16:31 pm »

"The ayes have it, have a good day. Shall e meet, oh...a month from now?"
Sig

Mullet Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: October 18, 2012, 10:45:48 pm »

((Just as a quick note, a lot of IRL drama occurring going now. I will get to a turn in on Sat night ( with luck) or Sun night. Let me summarize your agreements - as this will help me make a turn faster when I return to my home computer. If you do not agree with these, please rephrase them in your own words. GreatWyrmGold is elected to be the speaker of the group for this session. ))

Council Edict #1. Peasants will farm the land as free men. They will be provided housing that is expected to be paid off.
Council Edict #2: The town hall will be constructed as taxes are available to fund it.
Council Edict #3: The council will build bunkhouses for the refugees. Construction will begin immediately.

A little information on the bunkhouses : 1 bunkhouse takes 10 person years, so a crew of ten makes one bunkhouse/turn. A bunkhouse houses 20 refugees, albeit in a very cramped manner. Currently materials run 3sp and labor is per prevailing labor rate.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: October 18, 2012, 10:51:06 pm »

How many refugees are coming to the town in total on this turn?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: October 18, 2012, 10:54:12 pm »

How about each councilman contribute 12 so minimum? That's 60 sp, 20 bunkhouses, and 400 people, probably enough for a while.

Also, let's see...Wolfclaw and Draco pay 5 go each for the mine...how does this sound for a plan?
Each of us gets 35% of the ore. This may be sold or smelted as we see fit.
We sell 15%.
The last 15% goes to the town, as does 20% of the profits from selling the ore. This money is to be spent on encouraging education, while the ore may be sold or smelted and the metal or proceeds is to go towards keeping the town safe.
The remainder of the profits will be split evenly between us.
Sig

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: October 18, 2012, 10:58:57 pm »

That is not close to enough.
We're looking at over 500 people arriving in the first 2 years if my math is right we are going to need a lot more houses then that.

At that rate we'll need all of the labor in town and we still could not make enough bunkhouses in time.

Mullet please tell me what was a typo and it was meant to say population will reach 750 by 1520.
Because 530 people in 2 years is a little extreme.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 11:00:42 pm by mesor »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13